Destination: Home

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good job Lisa. Liking the way this is going. Just hope you like my offering too.

RedDragon

Reaction score
Yeah, another great chap. in your fic. Lisa.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!

But I was just wondering, as I do sometimes(and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), "huh, the desert seems like an odd place for a log," don't you think? 'Cause ya know, there are no leafy green trees in the desert(except maybe by oases, which your muppets are not near) just cacti and small bushes. So how can there be a log? I mean unless someone carried it out there, but that would be just plain silly.

If you don't know what I'm talking about then let me help. It says in your story Kermit sits on a log in the middle of a desert.

I don't mean to bash your writing Lisa, by no means. Any person could make this assumption. It takes a person with a mind that is always thinking and wondering about things of a strange nature(like me) to catch stuff like this. And it so happens that I am trying to write a story based in a desert, so my mind is on desert mode, and so my active mind picked up on this oddity.

I was just wondering that's all, but great fic. I really do love it.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<laughing hysterically>
Yeah, um, about that log...
See, this truck, um... It was carrying a bunch of logs, see... the driver worked for a logging company, and um...

Ok. I have no idea why there's a log in the middle of the desert. I don't even know where they got the wood for the fire. Same place they got the wood for the fire in TMM, I guess? I don't know.

Oh! yes I do. It's one of those MIGRATING logs. Like the one that was in the field during gym, and then it was in the woods by my house... yeah, it's one of those. :stick_out_tongue:

RedDragon

Reaction score
oh yes, it all makes sense now. It's one of THOSE logs,yes yes, it's all clear now. It makes perfect sense. Those tricky logs we have them figured out, there is nowhere where they can hide now, we have them cornered.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

Bob:um Nyssa why are you laughing?

Um.............I mean............I'm not crazy..........

Bob:Oh yeah? Well I hate to break it to ya, but you're talking a man that doesn't exsist.

What?........really?.........Are you sure?........

Bob:Yes, I'm positive.

Ha, only fools are positive. I've got you now.

Bob:*groan* You just don't get it.

No, you're the one who doesn't get it, now go away. We're taking up space in Lisa's fic. *Bob disappears into thin air.* How does he do that? Anyway. Bye!

Beauregard

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Suddenly he heard a sputtering sound. He sat up. Sputtering, and now choking, and now there was smoke, and now the bus was jerking to a stop on the side of the empty road.
Gasp! Ok, so, I promised I'd do a detailed critique of one of your sections, here it is!

This "Sputtering, and now choking, and now there was smoke, and now the bus was jerking to a stop on the side of the empty road." is perfect. I heard it. I felt the bus jolting. A smelt the smoke. Oh my...

Once the smoke subsided, they all peered in at the engine. Not that looking at it did any good. None of them knew much about cars.

"Looks like it's all gone up in smoke," Rowlf said.
So Rowlfish!

"Kermie, I can't do this anymore. FIVE WEEKS of this already! FIVE WEEKS of the exact same clothes! FIVE WEEKS of dumpy hotels! FIVE WEEKS of filthy, disgusting restaurants! FIVE WEEKS of no dessert! FIVE WEEKS of running out of every door we go in! FIVE WEEKS in those bus seats! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! Kermie! And now this crappy excuse for a bus breaks down in the middle of the night, and there's NOBODY around to fix it! This is the last straw. I can't handle this, Kermit. I'M. LEAVING."
Oh my gosh! That is totally right! And totally piggy, and totally sad, and, oh dear, is that a tear drop?

"AND WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GO, HUH?"
*shiver* *sniff* The best Kermit since Jim...

"Where are you going to go, Miss Piggy? Where? Do you see any five-star hotels? Any mansions? Any limosines? Room service? Huh? Do you see any of that stuff? Do you see anything at all? Because I sure don't! We're in the middle of nowhere! We're in the middle of some desert in the middle of the night and the only thing around is us!" He hesitated a moment, then, a little more calmly, he went on. "Piggy, none of us have enjoyed the past five weeks! Not a single one of us! Do you think you're the only one who misses eating dessert? Or not having to run out of every restaurant? Or stopping in a hotel and actually staying there? It's either this or Galt and his movie!" His anger started to mount again. "We're doing the best we can! We're trying to stay alive, Piggy. So if you want to go, FINE. Go right ahead. Have fun. Good luck.
Like I said. The BEST Kermit blow up since Muppet Movie.

But you won't get far. Because right now, the only thing that we have is us."
That is just....I cannot describe the feeling that line gave me.

He saw Piggy, all dishevelled. He saw his friends, all depending on him. He saw desert, so much desert. He saw the bus, with it's crazy paint job and it's open hood. And he saw Robin.
And he saw Robin. Wow.

He had promised his brother he would take care of Robin.
*cough*

Did I read that line somewhere else?

*sough*

He knelt in front of the young frog and carefully tied the handkerchief around his neck. Then he said, "I need a good frog scout to build a fire for us."
I can totally see this happening.

He counted them off in his head. Fozzie, Gonzo, Camilla, Miss Piggy, Rowlf, Robin, and the Electric Mayhem. Stuck in a desert, at night, a tiny flicker of a fire... a memory.
This is....

"We've been here before. But not with Robin. No, last time we were with Scooter. Now... now it feels like... like those are what we're leaving."

His words hung in the empty night air.
...the...

"What changed. What changed? And why did I bring them all back here again? Haven't I learned from my mistakes? ...What did I do wrong? Why did I lead them all out into the middle of this desert? ...And... why am I leading them at all?"
...best, and most...

A memory flickered in his mind. "Millions of people happy. I can't even keep my friends happy. I don't know what to do anymore. I guess I just... I guess I give up."
...beautifull...

As soon as the words were out of his mouth, he knew it was wrong. He lifted his head, took a deep breath, and tried to fight the utter despair.

"No. No. I can't give up."
...and I mean when I say...

"I will not give up. I won't. I... I have to try. Don't I? I... I have to have hope..." He took another breath before he spoke again. His words were even, steady. "I have to help my friends."
...this is the most Muppet-real, closest thing, deepest moment...

He stood up and gazed at the night sky. It was filled with stars. Hundreds, and thousands, and millions of stars. So many of them. With a clearer mind, he realized how beautiful they were.

As he gazed up at them, he beheld a marvelous sight. A shooting star flew across the sky.
...since the Mupept Movie. Really, I think this is teh clsoest thing I have ever read to the Muppet Movie in terms of Muppet development, and spirit, and soul, and....wow.

Beauregard

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
It was Kermit's banjo, silently leaning against a log, without a frog to play it.
I don't care how it got there. But that picture. That banjo by the log. So POWERFUL!

Two green feet. She knew those feet.
I loved this line.

"Uncle Kermit?" Robin said.

"Yes, Robin?"

"I'm not giving up."

"Oh good."
And this too...I mean...wow.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
*cough*

Did I read that line somewhere else?

*sough*
<chuckle>
Um... yeah... I think you wrote it, actually... :embarrassed:
Not intentionaly, actually. It REALLY struck me in your fanfic, so I guess it just sort of stayed in my head... and came back out... :embarrassed:
er, um... I hope you don't mind...
<crawls under rock>
<crawls back out>
I must say though... "The best Kermit since Jim?" I don't think I've ever felt so honored...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey. You can feel free to use my line any time you like. I ws onyl kidding. :zany: I feel flattered. :smile:

I hope you liked my little breakdown. Don't expect one for every chapter! :stick_out_tongue:

Bea{break down, rather, not mental breakdown..}regard

RedDragon

Reaction score
Lisa he's right you know. This is the best story I've ever read. And that is a hard title to get, 'cause I've read a lot of good books. Great use of imagery, which according to our teaches, is one of the most important part of a story. This has to be the first story I've read where it leaves nothing to the mind to make up for itself. There is no guessing or confusion, you know where everyone is and what they're doing. This could be the next great Muppet movie. No doubt about it buddy. You really hit the creative gold mine, now only if I could. We'd take the creative field by storm. YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Luck Would Have It

Robin crawled up onto the log and snuggled into his uncle's side. Miss Piggy scooted closer to Kermit. Janice squeezed Floyd closer as he tightened his grip on Animal's chain. Gonzo's arm stiffened around Camilla. Fozzie fumbled with his hat. Rowlf, Dr. Teeth and Zoot each felt their muscles tense. The whole group watched in total silence as the dark figure approached.

It was about average height and walked with a tiny hint of a limp. A soft breeze grazed it and slightly lifted its waist-length hair for a moment.

It drew near and the fire slowly lit its features. The flames reflected in her dark, wide eyes as she looked around the circle, and her face cracked into a tiny smile.

"I'm guessing you didn't intend to be on the side of the road out here at four o'clock in the morning?" she asked.

The muppets recognized her instantly. They all breathed a sigh of relief, relaxing their tensed muscles. Animals eyes went wide.

"WOMAN! WOMAN!" he bolted for her, yanking the chain out of Floyd's hand.

She dashed a few feet away and pointed to the drumset, shouting "Drums! Drums!"

"DRUMS! DRUMS!" Animal repeated, and was instantly at the drumset, banging away.

She calmly walked back to the fire and sat down. The muppets stared at her, amazed.

"Now that's what I call quick thinking!" Rowlf said.

"Yeah. Very smart of you, Gina," Fozzie agreed.

Gina smiled. "Why thanks, Fozzie. But what are you guys doing out here, anyway?"

"Well, its kind of a long story," Kermit said.

Gina shrugged. "I've got time," she said.

So they explained everything they had been through over the past two and a half months. Kermit did most of the talking, while just about everybody added their own two-cents a tad more frequently than was really necessary or appreciated. Gina listened carefully to what all of them had to say. Then she leaned back and mulled over their situation a bit.

"So these grey guys have been following you all over the country?" she asked.

"That's right," Dr. Teeth said.

"And now the bus is broken," she went on.

"Yeah," Fozzie said.

"And none of you know how to fix it?"

"Wasn't part of my puppy training," Rowlf said.

Gina nodded vaguely. "Well... well, I just might be able to help you guys out," she said. "I have an idea."

The muppets leaned forward. She could help! At this point, any help at all that could get them back on their feet was worth jumping at. Gina sat up.

"You see, right now I'm on my way to my family's summer home. I'm staying there for a week before the wedding. I could fix the bus and you could all come up there with me. It's really secluded, see, no one could ever find it if they didn't know it was there. And on the way, there's this place I know, they'll make sure the bus is alright. So... so you guys could all hang out at our summer home with me, at least for the week I'll be there... I mean, that'll give you some time to not be chased for a while... what do you say?"

The muppets looked around at each other and nodded. A place where they wouldn't have to run. It would only be for a week. But they knew it was exactly what they needed- an escape from escaping.

"Gina, are you sure it wouldn't be too much trouble?" Kermit asked.

She shook her head. "Of course not. Like I said, I'm going there anyway."

Kermit smiled. "Well," he said, "We can't very well turn that offer down."

"Good," Gina said. "I'll get to work on the bus as soon as it's light out."

Kermit nodded and turned to his nephew. "Robin, you'd better get some sleep," he said.

Robin looked up at his uncle. "But Uncle Kermit, I'm not..." he yawned. "I'm not tired at all."

Kermit smiled. "Well, why don't you just lay down for a little bit, then."

Robin wiggled his way into Kermit's lap and was soon fast asleep. Kermit couldn't help but smile. He picked his nephew up gently, got up off of the log, and laid down on the ground. Soon all of the muppets were laying in the sand, sleeping soundly for the first time in two and a half months.

The sun rose peacefully behind them. Kermit awoke to the sound of laughter. He looked around and saw that Gina was already at work under the hood of the bus, with Rowlf by her side. Kermit walked over to see what they were talking about.

"See, Rowlf, this part needs these parts to work." Gina said, pointing around the engine.

"Oh, I see. Hey, can it work with those parts, too?" he asked.

"Nope, just with these parts."

"I thought parts was parts."

"I think that only works with chickens."

Rowlf tapped her on the shoulder. "Don't say that around Camilla."

Gina laughed. "I forgot about that. Gosh, with all the different animals you guys are... what can you eat without offending any one? Beef?"

"Nope. We've got some cows back at the theater."

"Ah. Well, what, then?"

"Well, other than chickens, we mostly stick to birds. Anything else is fowl!"

"What about vegetables?"

"They all talk."

Gina straightened up and took a good look at Rowlf. "Talking vegetables? You're kidding."

"Nope. Actually, most of them sing."

Gina shook her head and wiggled down underneath the bus. "Hm. Rowlf, could you hand me a wrench?"

"Which wrench?"

"The little one."

"Right." He turned to Kermit. "What's a wrench?" he asked.

Within an hour, all the muppets were awake, the bus was loaded and running, and Gina had her car hitched to the back of the bus.

"You sure the bus can tow that?" Dr. Teeth asked.

"Sure. It's nice and light," Gina said. They boarded the bus as Gina took the driver's seat. "Alright, everybody!" she smiled back at them. "Destination: Breakfast!"

And they rolled on down the road.