1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by rowlfy662, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

YOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I am so impressed beyond words.

10/10 thread crashed

:crazy:+Mahna Mahna pretty much = the greatest 2-pack ever

They are definitely rivaling Palisades now!

jvcarroll likes this.
  2. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Well-Known Member

These look gorgeous especially Piggy and Rowlf also the fact we are getting Mahna Mahna and Foo Foo in this wave is just icing on the cake. I now have no doubt in my mind these will definitely go past 4 waves keep up the awesome work Diamond Select.

jvcarroll likes this.
  3. BobbyBenson64

BobbyBenson64 Well-Known Member

Couldn't be happier with the character selection with both sets, now I'm just curious of who comes with the pinguin because I'll have to buy a few of them...

jvcarroll likes this.
  4. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Piggy comes with the penguin, it was announced on toughpigs.

jvcarroll likes this.
  5. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Member

I can't stop gushing over how good the new Piggy looks, it definitely blows the Palisades one out of the water!

6. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Kinda 1981 Piggyesque? I miss that puppet.

Muppy likes this.
  7. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

These figures are absolutely GORGEOUS. I was really hoping that they'd delve deep into B and C-list muppets for series 3, and they definitely did not disspapoint.

It's worth noting that Rowlf, Harry, and Mahna Mahna all come in one pack together. That's an amazing value and a great assortment of characters, along with what I'm sure will be a fair amount of accessories (and Rowlf better be coming with a piano, dangit). I'm also incredibly happy to not have to spend upwards of 200$ for a regular ol' Rowlf figure now (curse you, backstage playset)

Floyd and Janice also look amazing, with a very spot on look compared to the puppets. They're coming in a pack together with their instruments, so that's nothing short of perfect.

And, while Piggy may be the one that interests me the least out of this wave (seeing as I already own the two Palisades figures of her), I can say that Diamond Select does a much better job of representing the puppet and she looks absolutely FAB. But who am I kidding, I'm going to end up buying her anyway :p

Overall, all of these packs will be a must buy for me. We've gotta keep supporting them, guys. Diamond Select is doing an amazing job with these figures, and the more we support them, the more we get.

On another note, have the accessories for Bunsen and Beaker been revealed yet? I'm secretly hoping for a Waldo C. Graphic pack-in :confused::eek:

Blue Frackle, Muppy and jvcarroll like this.
  8. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Well, I guess it would be fairly safe to say that the Swedish Chef and a couple of Snowths will be in series 4 of the Select Action figures. I am hoping there will also be Sam the eagle, Muppet Newsreader and Pepe and Lips.

9. BobbyBenson64

BobbyBenson64 Well-Known Member

My guess is that wave 4 will include-
    Dr Teeth
    Zoot
    Lips
    Snowths
    Swedish Chef
    Sam
    Newsman.

I'd love to see them go deep in the muppet character selection so fingers crossed for Bobby Benson...at least a minimate

10. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Walter will be in series 4 same with Bobo and maybe Constantine but Constantine is probably unlikely even though there is a mini mate of him

11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

So much to be excited about and to question!

So is the Series 3 line-up recently announced for the Minimates the full line-up? Counting exclusives (and variants), series 1 had 12 figures while series 2 had 13, and so far only 8 have been announced. I do think it's a little weird that they're doing Patrol Fozzie but not Patrol Link (I thought the same when Palisades did it). Palisades had characters who go together in different series, but Diamond Select has usually put characters who go together in the same pack (and unlike Palisades, Diamond hasn't been making the series have a few "big guns" and some fan favorites, or releasing variants of characters before the standard versions). Still, if Patrol Bear can't come with Link, Constantine is actually an appropriate choice to come with a police bear.

I wonder which ones will be included at all retailers selling these and which will be the exclusives. Since Dr. Teeth and Animal were sold everywhere (that sells these), it would make sense for the remaining Electric Mayhem characters to be sold everywhere, but it would also make sense for Fozzie and Pepe to as well, since they are the "big guns" of the series. Of course, Gonzo had to be an exclusive in the Minimates line.

So Mahna Mahna and Crazy Harry were packaged together as Minimates, and now they're packaged together with Rowlf as action figures. Though I feel they should have had Mahna Mahna packaged with the Snowths. Not sure if Diamond doesn't think the number is popular enough for them all to be sold together, or if it's something different. But if they don't think Mahna Mahna and the Snowths could sell without a more major character, they could have had a Snowth included with the other characters.

Some of us have said it'd be great for Miss Piggy to come with Gloria Estefan, and some have said that it would be too soon for the character to be included, but since she comes with a penguin, it's a good substitute. It's probably a good coincidence that they have her coming with a penguin. Or maybe it was planned to come with another and chosen to come with her because of the Gloria Estefan penguin....

And wow, three series of Muppet action figures, and still no variants. The Palisades line didn't have a variant until series 4, but that mixed the really main characters and lesser characters. Considering this action figure line has pretty much focused on the best-known characters so far (and, with the two-pack releases, had more characters released in a series), it is amazing that they haven't had to get to a variant yet (as far as what we know).

12. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Gloria come with Uncle Deadly

jvcarroll likes this.
  13. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Is it even fair to assume that we'll be getting a series 4 or anything beyond that? What kind of numbers are these things pulling? Maybe someone with a little insider information can give us a some insight? ;)

Ah, it's fun to speculate anyway.

There are some pretty noticeable gaps in the line thus far. I'd say that we're almost guaranteed to get Zoot, Lips, Dr. Teeth, Sam, or the Swedish Chef in the next wave. They seem to be continually building onto the band and their inclusion into the line, so series 4 could be the time to wrap things up for that and get a proper Electric Mayhem reunion. As much as I would love to see Zoot and Lips get a buddy pack together (just like Floyd and Janice), I don't see that being a reality. Neither of them are really popular enough to be a major selling point. No one besides a hardcore Muppet fan will say "Woah! It's that guy that plays the trumpet! We gotta buy him!". So, here's how I envision series 4 going down.

Dr. Teeth and Zoot
    The Swedish Chef and Lips
    Sam the Eagle and Surprise Character

I should probably point out that Pepe and Rizzo are also pretty likely to be seen sometime soon as well, being that they're relatively popular characters that haven't seen action figure form yet.

14. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Pepe as big as the other Muppets??? He isn't much bigger than Robin, and we know how small he was in series 1 !!
    [​IMG]

15. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

But they are the two most expensive Palisades figures; as for why, I haven't a clue.

Muppy likes this.
  16. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Series 2 in package:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jvcarroll, Muppy and Blue Frackle like this.
  17. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Well-Known Member

Cool to see them in package I like that the clipboard with Bunsen and Beaker has a reference to the automatic wastebasket though it is a shame we didn't get any of there failed experiments although maybe they'll get their own pack in the future lol

jvcarroll likes this.
  18. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Wow! Those look amazing. And they come out next month!! I thought they weren't coming out til October

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  19. christianpyro

christianpyro Member

Glad to see the packaged pics... but do Bunsen and Beaker not come with a lab table? I thought they were supposed to. Are you supposed to put all those accessories on the floor?

The black piece in the bottom of the Bunsen and Beaker set, what is that? A display stand? Or perhaps that is somehow the table.

There has to be accessories included that I'm not seeing, because I don't see a drum throne for Animal to sit on.

I sure hope the back of that Balcony isn't made of cardboard. I can't tell from the pics. I think I see two chairs.

I always get to excited for these and pre-order them, but when they are almost here I question the $75 price tag. The Toys R Us version at $13 each ($39 for the set) are so much more reasonable. I hope the extra accessories are of good enough quality to be worth the extra $12 each ($36 for the set, and almost double the cost).

Blue Frackle likes this.
  20. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

The black piece in the back is the card thing that shows you all of the figures and minimates. It comes with all of the figures.

EDIT: Never mind, thought you were talking about something else.