1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by rowlfy662, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Amazon has them listed for a February 22 release date, so I am not 100% sure when we are going to get them

2. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Some interesting news

In the latest ask DST it confirmed that wr will be seeing previews of series 4 at NY Toyfair

And in the comments of a Facebook they confirmed Rowlf will be coming with his piano :)

3. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Cool! Just a month away!

jvcarroll likes this.
  4. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Here's the Toy R Us release of Series 2 in package:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ryan19 and jvcarroll like this.
  5. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

I probably could have done these versions of Bunsen, Beaker, and Animal, but Statler and Waldorf look so lonely without that gorgeous balcony.

jvcarroll likes this.
  6. acoffia

acoffia New Member

muppetperson likes this.
  7. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looks likes Series 4 is Swedish Chef & a chicken, Dr Teeth & Zoot, and Sam and Rizzo. I want to see a Pepe in the lineup but, this pretty good.

8. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

These look great I love that the chef is getting loads of accessories I especially love the crying onion. Sam and Rizzo also look like nice additions as do Dr Teeth and Zoot.

Here's hoping the lack of Pepe means series 5 could be being planned maybe they'll announce something at toy fair :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Duke Remington likes this.
  9. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

im excited!

10. bobby bensen

bobby bensen Active Member

So excited to get my hands on that Dr. Teeth, I'm now a little afraid that we won't get Lips but maybe if wave 5 will include him! I'm hoping for Lips, Pepe, and Snowths.

11. bobby bensen

bobby bensen Active Member

Also, Rizzo's neck looks a little long lol

Blue Frackle likes this.
  12. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

I think it's actually more puppet accurate to me.

Also is there not going to be a fourth wave of Muppet Minimates? Diamond select responded to my Facebook reply saying the Muppet Minimates were finished "they think" but maybe more action figures. But I think at least one more wave of Minimates to close the line is necessary. We didn't get Sam the Eagle, Rizzo, or Lew Zealand not to mention the pink Snowths to go with our Manha Manha. Seeing that we got Constantine it would be nice to get Walter too. Other runners up Uncle Deadly, Buea, Bobo the Bear, Big Mean Carl, Pops, Marvin Suggs, maybe even a penguin. I know Sweetums would be out of scale but he would be cool too. I mean Pepe is a full figure and Robin is a pack-in so who cares! But it would be a shame to close out the line without Sam, Rizzo, Lew Zealand, the Snowths and Walter at least! I'd love to see a Vets hospitals set too and maybe a patrol pig Link but it might be pushing it.

13. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was wondering why we didn't get a preview of series 4 Muppet Minimates, because the lines have been released in swinging fashion (Minimates 1, select 1, Minimates 2, select 2, etc) so after the preview of select 3, next preview should have been Minimates 4, so the end it is.:cry: I guess Toys R Us pulled out of making exclusives because the line wasn't selling that good. Oh well, DST got close to their planned four releases of Minimates.

14. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

I certainly hope they can muster up a wave 4. It would close off the line so nicely then. It definitely will be weird not to have Sam, Lew Zealand, the Snowths, and Rizzo, maybe Walter as well as some of the others I mentioned. We will have Manha Manhan twice without the Snowths. Rizzo, Sam, and Lew, should be given and Walter beacause we got "Constantine" I mean "Kermit as Constantine".

15. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

Sam and Rizzo seem like the biggest minimate omission to me, so if they could find it in their hearts (and budget) to squeeze out one more set, I would be ok with that. If they have a little more room in those hearts and wallets, I would want to see Walter, Lew, and Sweetums.

Zack the Dog likes this.
  16. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

So that'll be 25 Muppets if you include the smaller figures too in Four waves. That's pretty good to be honest. And I'd be happy with that as I have no interest in different versions of the same characters.

Have we even seen the full accessories for Wave 4 yet?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Ha, I had to literally laugh out loud when I noticed the crying onion :p
    Hoping tho with wave 5, if there is a wave 5, they start putting in non classic/newer characters like Pepe and Big Mean Carl.

Supposedly wave 3 is out next week?

muppetlover123 likes this.
  18. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

Sorry I meant have we seen the final accessories for Wave 3 yet?

19. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I saw that too Series 3 is opposably out next week but when someone asked diamond select on twitter they said not sure yet... so idk but yes we haven't seen the final packaging shots yet. Hopefully with toy fair tomorrow?

20. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

No, because apparently Rowlf will now come with a piano!