Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Here's another photo someone left on my timeline. Good comparisons here. Not fair since it's like apples and oranges, but interesting. And the people remarking about Scooter, um...

OMG they are tiny!

I always wondered why Palisades made Kermit knocked-kneed, especially now since someone did him right.

I prefer the Palisades Kermit because, well, the eye printing. It's all in the eyes for me. Any time I work on a figure, I create an extensive eye focus guide.
Man, you're right; it's all in the eyes. He goes from looking like a possessed robot to just a great figure.

I really can't believe they OK'd this. If this line continues on, this will stand out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I know this seems like a stupid question but, when does series 2 & 3 arrive?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Kermit - the articulation is amazing. It more than makes up for the large pupils on him. I'm going to customize mine anyway. The one break out thing about him that few people will notice is the "knuckle" between his eyes. This is probably the first figure to ever show that indentation from the puppeteer's hand. It's subtle, but it's there.
Can we all send you our Kermits for professional eye re-touching? :wink:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
OMG they are tiny!

I always wondered why Palisades made Kermit knocked-kneed, especially now since someone did him right.

Man, you're right; it's all in the eyes. He goes from looking like a possessed robot to just a great figure.

I really can't believe they OK'd this. If this line continues on, this will stand out like a sore thumb.
I don't much believe in living in the past. It was obviously a factory goof, but it doesn't ruin the rest of the line. I have a feeling they'll do more Kermits. He's the main "anchor" character for the Muppets and if this goes on to a year two, expect another one of some sort - and with improved eyes. Aside from that, he's just so amazing, articulated and cute as heck. :wink:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Can we all send you our Kermits for professional eye re-touching? :wink:
I wish I had painting talent, but I'm going to consult with some experts on the issue and we'll see what happens.

I'll probably touch up Gonzo's throat with a little black and paint Scooter's upper mouth. I don't know how they missed that in the paint apps.

Even so, I can't put these down. DST has done a great job for the most part. First series' are always like the first pancake. You kind of figure stuff out and hit a good stride later on.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
My Ideas For Series 3:
Miss Piggy & Swedish Chef-Foo Foo, boa, purse, axe, spoon, spatula, & pot
Rowlf & Rizzo-cheese, piano, candelabra, pizza, soda, & trashcan
Sam & Pepe-podium, clipboard, quill, hot dog, magazine, soda, & cell-phone