1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Diet Time. Oy!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Super Scooter, Mar 25, 2003.

1. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Alright:) Just making sure:) I do that alot. Like when i'm taking notes in lecture, if I don't pay attention, I'll start writing down what I'm thinking about:D

2. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Again, I apologize for coming in so late... the hub's been down...

anyway, good job scoot for having the motivation to start! as far as gaining a few, consider that you may be converting fat into muscle due to the increase of excersize. Also, numbers are not all they're cracked up to be, my bf is 290, but he's a football player... he's not fat, he's just one of those immensly scary, intimidating guys, lol...

I'm actually trying to GAIN weight, and I'm in college so I can work out for free, and I'm looking at the gym through my bedroom window, but I can't get up the motivation, so congradulations on having that much of a start! :p

:smirk::excited

3. Danielle

Danielle New Member

And as far as belching, I don't, but I have the absolute WORST hiccups EVER, my friends all start imitating me when I do it, and they don't go away... I had them in line at an amusement park for over 2 hours...

:smirk::excited:

4. Jrobert

Jrobert New Member

Okay, how to keep track of results. Depending on your diet, everyone loses weight differently. Be sure that you are actually measuring yourself and not just weighing yourself. Most women go back and forth between actually losing pounds and losing inches. So, if I were you I would get in a weekly habit of measuring yourself and also weighing yourself, preferably in the morning before you eat. (And always make it the same time so it's consistent)

In other words, this past week if you were really good with everything you may have lost two inches that you don't know of and just not lost any pounds. :)

Hope that helps!

5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Well, I'm most deffenitely not the large, scary type. I'm only fat, not big. I'm 5'8". I don't think it works that way. :)

It's funny, I have an Uncle (can you still consider a man who's divorced from your Aunt an Uncle?) He's like a giant teddy bear. Ever see Fresh Prince of Bel Air? He's like a white Uncle Phil. If I was going to be big the rest of my life (which I certainly hope I'm not) I think I'd like to be like that.

6. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

i have seen guys like that who go to my college..they scare me...they're like giant human monsters!

ryan

7. Danielle

Danielle New Member

hehe, he's not quite THAT bad... he hasn't been able to play for a while b/c of a car accident, but he's still pretty threatening to my stalker here on campus...

We have one of those unnaturally huge guys here, too, (a rugby player) except that he had a blonde mullet at the beginning of the year, and he wore a shirt that said ''Hello, my name is DRUNK''... then he dyed the mullet black and grew out some sideburns, and I just saw him today, and the mullet is completely shaved off... but the sideburns are still there... *sigh* some people's kids...

8. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Oy!

I get the feeling I'm going to be bouncing around like this for a while.

I lost the two pounds I gained last week. Next week I'll probably gain it back.

Oh, well!

:)

9. Heehee! I wish I coulda seen that! :D

:p

10. LOL!

Yep, I guess there're guys like 'at everywhere---maybe they don't seem as scary to me since I'm prac'lly always taller than them, and since I work out, I like to feel I'm "on my way" to "scary human monster" status! Lol

Nah, I don't rully wanna be a big ol' scary guy---just in good shape wif some nice athletic muscle goin' on. :)

11. JamieDenny

JamieDenny New Member

Supes :)
    I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, I used to have a huge chocolate addiction. Im not talking like having to eat a bar a day, I@m talking 13 in one sitting, so i quit eating chocolate for about 6 months and lost 2.5 stone *dunno pounds*
    I also had no alcohol or peanut butter during that time, I looked **** fine when I went off to college but i put it all on.
    Im not syaing that this will happen to you but if it does dont get disocouraged like i did.
    Good Luck
    Jamie

12. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Thanks, JamieDenny.

13. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Yeah, when I went to college I lost a lot of weight b/c a lot of really bad stuff happened when I got there, but I've been gaining since like December. When they put you on a meal plan where they'll give you a hamburger and fries for a meal, but you have to pay $3 for a fruit cup, you can't really help but gain, grrrr....

14. Danielle, just wrestle your strong boyfriend---I'm sure it'll take a lotta energy and keep ya slim & trim! :) Lol

15. Danielle

Danielle New Member

LOL!!! I needed to gain some anyway, I'm still underweight, but yeah, that is fun :p He's huge, but I'm insanely wirey, so it can get to be a pretty even match, lol

16. LOL! I wanna watch! :) :p

17. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

And if'n he won't, Byron'll come down and wrestle with you.

:)

Really!

He will!

"What happened on the platform, terrible. Seeing you alive brings warm feelings to my heart."

18. Yep---heck Danielle, I'll even take on yer boyfriend! :D

*flexes arm muscles*

*GRUNT*

:D :D :D

19. Danielle

Danielle New Member

hehehe, unless you're a 120lb twister champion wimpy girl w/glasses who he's trying to avoid hurting, i don't think you'd fare too well, lol, he picked my little brother up and carried him around, and he's a 260lb 6'3'' 15 year old

20. :eek: :eek:

Well, I'm 6'6", but don't weigh that much...

but it sounds fun to be picked up and carried around! That almost never happens, lol! :)

<little kid mode>

"Me next! Pick ME up and carry me around, Mr. Danielle's Football-Strong Boyfriend! Me! :zany: "

</little kid mode>