Dinosaurs: Writer's Block

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
"...mighty yellow streams of abject terror..." LOL

Cute. Seems the spoiled kids have been whining to daddy to fix things even father back than I thought! Loved the bit with Robbie's pop psych story ending.

So what's next? I'd love to see you do another all-Muppet gig here!
-------------

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Heh, it was hard enough to come up with that one. I have no story ideas for the moment, but I have a harcore yearning to do something in Moraine, the Land of Cups....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Would it be Mizumi-centric or Rachael/Moulin?
Then again, given that Mizumi absorbed her two daughters... :fishy:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I was actually going to go prequel on this one.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
By prequel, you mean what?
Before Jareth was king like the comic slated for December?
Jareth and Mizumi meeting each other the first time with whatever issues/plot before the movie happenings?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I've been debating it in my head, but I think I'm going to address Mizumi's rise to power. I don't want to deal with her relationship with Jareth ... and I SERIOUSLY want that prequel comic (after all, I profoundly hate the idea they will mess with my story, LOL). The prequel comic, as far as I'm aware, will deal more with a young Jareth and will ignore (most likely) anything that had to do with RTL. Since Mizumi meets a young adult Jareth in a ball in RTL's flashback scene, I've decided the only way I can avoid sticky issues is to avoid that part of time altogether. This story will focus solely on Mizumi cementing her rule, inspired by tales her father tells her of a King of the Universe who threw away his crown. I've tried over my stories to characterize Mizumi as someone more in love with what she sees in Jareth: the King of the Universe who effortlessly does pretty much anything and it's always glorious. That's not what he wants to be anymore, but that's the image of him, Sir Hubris, that she wants desperately. She is not merely content to rule, for she wants to rule absolutely.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm, so that explains it. She never heard of the saying regarding absolute rule.
If that's the path you've chosen, then by all means, follow it as I find Mizumi equally interesting. Also, after all the continued searching I do, I find there are elements of Japanese myth in some of the RTL characters. Dunno if that might help your notions, and if not, then that's okay.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'd have to research the elements of Japanese myth, because I tend to know western myths more, and Mizumi is definitely in the same vein as the Classical Greek Medaea, a powerful sorceress-princess who falls in love with a demigod hero and leaves her family to go with him, only to be spurned when he's just not into her that way, and then goes off on a violent tangent.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, consider...

Moulin, with her always-present umbrella, could be considered as the Karakossa-onna using it to create illusions of potential possibilities.
Kulhawps could be thought of as a variation of the Suiko, which is a water-formed tiger whereas the former are water-formed lions.
Mizumi could be compared to the Yuki-onna (and I know that's a bit of a stretch), the cold snow queen who freezes her victims with no remorse. There's also a story about how the Yuki-onna spared a young man after he promised never to speak of their encounter to anyone... He married a beautiful stranger, had a family, and divulged the story to her one night... And in one ending she reveals herself to be the same Yuki-onna hurt he betrayed their vow leaving him forever, yet in another ending says she's not leaving because she loves their children too much but warns him about repeating his mistake with the consequence she will leave him that second time.

Then again... If we're going with western myth, I've thought Mizumi could also be thought of as an undine, the classical elemental creature of water, changing her shape and her whims as water changes states from ice to liquid to vapor. It's your decision to make though.