Disney auditions, and the weirdness of Ohio (Part II)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
So, audition's over.

I then to go to the Cincinnati Museum Center, where, upon enterin', I am prac'lly run over by a FLOOD of high school kids. Then when I'm about to faint from lack o' sleep, overuse of adrenaline and little food, these 2 women in front of me at the little museumy Pizza Hut order stuff fer, like, 7 kids each.

And Little Emmy is right. She claims the Boy Scouts are li'l horrors, and in Ohio, that seems to be a RULE for li'l kids. All over the museum, there they were---loud, noisey, hyperactive, whining, annoying---I felt her pain for the brief time I was around 'em (I strategically tried to avoid the young'uns). I like cute li'l playful imaginitive kids, not "this" kind. (yeesh!)

So, I go through the Cincinnati Museum of History and Science. And it's mostly boring (I like the Louiville one better). But a nice touch was several "Emmyisms" along the way. For example, I sorta remember this one part from this one exhibit's sign:

"Scientists think this meant he chewed his food, so we think he did too."

LOL

Emmyyyyy!!

:big_grin:

The one rully cool thing they had was an Ice Age exhibit, with murals and fakey animals and stuff, and at one point you walk through glacier tunnels, and I (softly) called out for Mokey, Gobo, and the others, and sang a few lines from some fwaggle songs whilst I was in there. :smile:

And at the gift shop, I just HAD to pay tribute to Emmy, so when I was checkin' out, I told GiftShopGal,

"I have a friend who works at the gift shop at the US Air Force Museum, so I'll have to tell her I was in this one."

GSG: "Yeah, it's a good one."

(I think she meant hers, but I'm not sure).

Then after the museum closes I have to hang around for 2 HOURS till the Omnimax movie starts ("Coral Reef Adventure"), so I read the 3 Zoobooks I got in the gift shop: "Giraffes", "Polar Bears", and "Australian Animals" (some o' muh faves).

Then FINALLY the movie starts, and it's rully awesome, wif a few funny parts thrown in, and some Paul Simon-esque-sung songs like "Teach Your Children Well" that made me think of Emmy again (Ohio's State Muppet Gal), and I figgered she'd enjoy 'at. lol

Then I try to go back to the hotel get lost again, but find it, and eat supper at the Marriot next door (they call the restaurant "River City Grille").

This was rather GMC-ish, for they have a menu on display at the entrance, and when I looked at it, my jaw literally dropped and I "did the Dubonett Club Kermit" when I saw the first price---$24.95!!! And then I look next to it at the next item----$2*6*. 95!!!!! :eek: I thought about that line Kermit says about somethin' costin' as much as an Oldsmobile.

So I go's in and get seated, and I manage to scrounge up an 8 dollar burger and fries---LOL!

And I said a few Muppety things while in there relevant to the GMC scene it reminded me of (except it was dark, not bright), but I can't remember what they were.

Then I go back to MY hotel, swim again, have *2*sessions in the hot tub (MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm), and get ready fer bed.

-------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday

I get up, get evruhthang ready fer muh trip to the Cincinnati Zoo---and it's below 40 degrees.

And rainy.

So I go to the Marriott again (it's like 1st class on the Titanic, and my hotel was a humble 2nd), eat 10 dollar pancakes (LOL---wif bacon!) and orange juice, and go to pay.

My card is gone.

(debit---I ain't got no "credit" card)

"Ros", my waitress, sees if it was turned in, no luck. So I pay her in cash---the only 14 bucks on me I have---and it's up to ME to find muh card. I check all my pockets, my truck---and as I leave to check it Ros pities me and gives me back $5 ("It's all the money you have"), check all muh bags and stuff, go back to MY hotel, check front desk, check room, try to ask non-English-speakin' woman and don't get ANYwhere wif her (useful, anyway---at one point she put a hotel brochure on a table and pointed to it "successfully").

So I go BACK to the Marriott, front desk says check the bartender, I do, he check's the night manager's desk, nuffin', gets muh name and number, says they almost always find 'em, I go home all dejected, no card, and no zoo. :cry:

Welp, turns out I get a message when I get home from Rob the Bartender---they have my card, the Night Manager HAD IT in HER possession!!

#(*(!?!

Excuse me, but if someone leaves somethin' somewhere, don't you TURN IT IN to the front desk or KEEP IT IN YOURS?! Why did she have to take it?! That was so anNOYing since I was goin' outta town before she was gonna get back in!!

*sigh*

There, I got that off muh chest.

So, there ya have it: hot tubs, pools, Disney auditions, museums, gift shops, BIG movies, the Spirit of Emmy, and doofy Ohioans who don't have sense enough to know what to do with a lost card (no offense to those who do).

It was SO nice to be away, but it feels good to back on the ol' 'puter. :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Welcome back, Byron! (I would've wished you luck but I've been away for the past week :stick_out_tongue: ) I think it's awesome that you got the chance to audition for Disney, and that you actually went through with it. I don't think I would have had the nerve!! It sounds like it was a terrific trip, glitches aside :mad: . And even if this didn't turn out to be your big break, I'm sure it will come sooner or later... or sooner! You deserve it! :smile:
Erin

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
woo hoo!

glad you had many emmytisms!

Sarah

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Welcome back!!!

It sounds like you had a blast (and yes, Ohio *is* weird. I've been saying this for who knows how long).

It looks like neither of us were able to make it to the zoo! LOL! (these things have a weird way of evening out)

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
And Little Emmy is right. She claims the Boy Scouts are li'l horrors, and in Ohio, that seems to be a RULE for li'l kids. All over the museum, there they were---loud, noisey, hyperactive, whining, annoying---I felt her pain for the brief time I was around 'em (I strategically tried to avoid the young'uns). I like cute li'l playful imaginitive kids, not "this" kind. (yeesh!)
That's the rule for kids in Wisconsin apparently too. I hadn't been to our public museum for awhile so over spring break I wanted to go for my birthday. But of course I seemed to pick a day when what seemed like every elementary school in the state was there on a field trip. And oh man, were they the most annoying children EVER! I hope I wasn't like that when I used to take field trips there!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
sounds like you had quite an adventure..sounds good. hope you had fun...good thing you got your card back. i'm sure you were going nuts since you couldn't find your card!

ryan

Gonzo

Reaction score
Wow. What an adventure!

I would have chosen two of the three Zoobooks you chose.

And skipped the "sessions" in the hot tub.

:halo:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Thanks, y'all. Glad ya enjoyed hearin' about it. :smile:

Originally posted by Gonzo
I would have chosen two of the three Zoobooks you chose.
Okay, I'll bite---you woulda picked "Giraffes", and which other one? :confused:

And har-har, Chris. :rolleyes: :stick_out_tongue:

Oh, and another thing---in the Omnimax theater, there weren't many people there for that showin' (7 p.m. on a Tuesday), and no one sat below me (I was in, like, the 4th or 5th row), and I had been on muh feet SO much 'at day---in ill-fittin' dress/casual shoes, so I got to kick off muh shoes and slip muh feet in between the seats in the row in front o'/below me.

'at felt rulllllllllly good on muh poor, tired, achin' feet.

*flexes soles*

:big_grin:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
And har-har, Chris. :rolleyes: :stick_out_tongue:
What? Did I miss the part where you said you didn't or something?