Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
The Apatow clan member I'd most like to see is Bill Hader. He's easily the most talented impressionist on "Saturday Night Live"... it'd be great to see him show up in this. And hey, he's got a role in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", so it's got a likely chance of happening.

RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU'RE EXCITED!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
(Rasies both hands and feet and then falls to the floor) ha ha I love it

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heck, I'd like to see Miss Piggy throw down with Dame Judy Dench more than Raven Samone or Jessica Simpson. Honestly, who wouldn't want to make a wager on that boxing match? :mad:
Raven I wouldn't mind, only for the fact that she worked with the Muppets before. I like to see "repeat offenders." Besides, I get the fact that Disney's trying to push her out the door, since she's an adult now. She has to be at least 17 now.

That said, Robin Williams and Weird Al not working with the muppets is a travesty of injustice. They need to get them somehow. Too bad Robin's just making terrible movies like "License to wed" lately.

But I agree that we'll see quite a bit of guys like Bill Hader and other friends and recurring actors they use.

personally, I wouldn't mind more B-list people like Patton Oswalt. A lot of the real talented people aren't always in the A-list.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Raven I wouldn't mind, only for the fact that she worked with the Muppets before. I like to see "repeat offenders." Besides, I get the fact that Disney's trying to push her out the door, since she's an adult now. She has to be at least 17 now.
She's actually 23 now! Can you believe it? I am a big fan of Raven and I think she would be a good fit for a cameo. Back in 2005 I thought switching Ashanti out for Raven would have made MWoO a whole lot better.

But yeah. Looking forward to some cool, classy cameos.

beaker

Reaction score
personally, I wouldn't mind more B-list people like Patton Oswalt. A lot of the real talented people aren't always in the A-list.
Oh Patton Oswalt is one of the most genuis comics to me since the late Bill Hicks. I dont know if Id call him b-list...I'd say he's a rising star. He was the voice of Ratatouie.

I would LOVE to see Patton work in the capacity of the Muppets...actually, we got a little taste of that with the "Del's Vegas Comedy Binge" shorts

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would LOVE to see Ricky Gervais show up somewhere. Dunno why that popped into my head just now, but I like it.
Well, I get the impression that Ricky Gervais is a big Muppet fan. There was a British Office episode in which he did numerous Muppet impersonations. Plus, they do have the occaisional Muppet reference in the US series, clearly something he suggested. I'd also like to see Steve Carell, but he's in everything now.

Oh Patton Oswalt is one of the most genuis comics to me since the late Bill Hicks. I dont know if Id call him b-list...I'd say he's a rising star. He was the voice of Ratatouie.
Seems like most of his TV career he played a second banana, King of Queens for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.