Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Either way we get our Muppet film (sans the underwater bit unless global warming finally gets us). :wink:
lol I don't know it might end up being differnt in differnt parts of the world we could have global firing, global cooling, global warming, global luke warming, global hailing.
Collect em' all!:big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I want to see this Muppets Underwater and Muppet Western they keep talking about. Those movies sound awesome! :stick_out_tongue:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Seriously, though, I would love to see a Muppet western! I think that'd be so cool. If the Muppets were playing themselves in a western setting, it could work. I don't think I'd like to see it as a feature, but as an hour-long TV special, it'd be really fun!

I think I hear my next fan fiction typing itself up...

Fozzie: "Say, why do they call 'em cowboys? All of the cows I know are girls! AaaaaAAAAAaaaaah!"

Statler: "Did you understand that joke?"

Waldorf: "No, but I don't know any cows."

:embarrassed: :boo: :sleep:

I'm not saying I want the next Muppet movie to be a western. What they're working on is what the Muppets seem to need right now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If we're going with Genre films, I wanna see a Muppet Samurai film. I REALLY want to.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Nah we really just need the Muppets playing themselfs. Kermit even said so in one of his interviews last two weeks ago.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Nah we really just need the Muppets playing themselfs. Kermit even said so in one of his interviews last two weeks ago.
Well, they would be playing themselves, just themselves if they happened to be in a western or samurai setting. Kind of like they played themselves in the "caper" setting as "investigative reporters". It's not a storybook film, it's a genre! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Back to Basics and Muppety Roots

I always had ideas of Muppet film noir spy/gangster movies, Muppet super hero movies, Muppet westerns and even the Muppets take on Shakespeare!

All would be great in their own right and I'm sure the Muppets would do these concepts justice, but Segel has it right. At least for now - the Muppets just need to be the Muppets.

Yes, parody has always been big with them. It should always be and there's a time for other genre-type films later, but for now the characters need to be reintroduced for who they are at their classic Muppety core in a popular motion picture. From there they will have more options. :cool:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Naw, I agree. I'm just saying it'd be kinda neat to see later on.

It's a shame Craig Shemin's Muppet Superhero Movie didn't happen when it would have been the right time for it. Though, if superhero movies keep happening, there's time for it after this one.

:smile:The Muppets do Shakespeare? Fantastic! Wait, Henson passed on that already... so did Disney. Kermit, Prince of Denmark, anyone?

I still want to see that one made.

Anyway, I hope that the script Segel's working on does alot to reenergize the Muppets, and really bring them back to how great they were in the eighties. Maybe then the Muppets will be able to do these sort of films again.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Perhaps with this new Muppet movie, it might pave the way for "pet projects" such as The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made. The work Jim and Jerry and Frank did on it must still be around. And Frank Oz was talking about reviving it back in 2000.

Perhaps I'll leave the remainder of my wishful thinking out of this thread for the time being. :big_grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.