Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I think Jason Segel might be a great songwriter for this movie. I mean, he want's to bring the good times back of the Muppets. Or maybe they'll give Paul Williams a chance. But, this time he needs the heart and fellings of the Muppets point of view.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Hey just thought another title. How about they called it Muppets Together Again. Kinda like from Muppets Take Manhattan.

pattywack

Reaction score
I wonder who will direct it ... I really hope it's not the latest director, no offence. He's great and all, but if we want the muppet feel back then we need to go back. I doubt Frank Oz would come back though haha.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wonder who will direct it ... I really hope it's not the latest director, no offence. He's great and all, but if we want the muppet feel back then we need to go back. I doubt Frank Oz would come back though haha.
I do like Thatcher's take on the Muppets. He's shown range with the various projects he's directed, but I think it's time for a fresh take as far as the next motion picture goes. I doubt Oz would want to direct it, but even so I'd still vote for somebody new. However if either Thatcher or Oz directed I'd cheer them on and be thankful for their proven Muppety knowledge.

The issue, as has been stated by the writers in the current MC interview, is that directing Muppets is different than anything else. They are a special effect, but still need to feel spontaneous. That's a hefty feat to pull off. I just hope the Muppet movie director knows that.

Still - if the Muppets ever get another television program I think Oz should direct the pilot. Still doubtful, but he's my first choice for a new Muppet Show launch.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
You know, Nick Stoller has a point for finding a perfect director. I wonder who could direct the exciting new Muppet Movie.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I feel maybe for a major movie, maybe not the best place for Jim Lewis to try his hand at directing (Has he directed before? I can't quite recall). I'd love to see someone unconnected to the Muppets as the director. Someone fresh and interesting. But with a good Muppet-related producer behind him, pointing the camera away from the Muppeteers.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't think there is anything wrong with it being someone that already works with the muppets :excited:

Status
Not open for further replies.