1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by ElecMayhem, Oct 24, 2011.

1. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

There was a Dr. Bob plush as part of a Vet's Hospital set about nine years ago, good luck finding it now though. You'd have an easier time finding a Pepe plush than you would any of Sababa's Muppet plushes these days.
  2. Carl23 Member

I know... I had a feeling they did, i've seen pics of Janice in Scrubs so I put 2 and 2 together. They're smaller, too and they'd be impossible to find and very pricey. It really sucks that there's been so little love for Rowlf considering how much exposure he gets. Disney had the perfect chance and they dropped it.

He's really looking for something almost Puppet-sized so he could walk around with Dr. Bob, he's more into the Vet's Hospital skits than the Muppet Show in general. He couldn't believe it when I told him that between now and the 70's there's only been really 2 or 3 Rowlf plushes made, and I don't blame him.
  3. beaker Well-Known Member

Yet another reason why the Muppet merchandise release in America was pathetic, and why Europe is getting all the cool stuff

4. beaker Well-Known Member

What a shocker! ;)
  5. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I ONLY really wanted the Pope Pinion car for the sheer irony of having it. It's in a HUGE set with a bunch of other cars. Kinda disappointed.

They have a LOT of leftover Giraffes from The Lion King... just sayin'...

Not only does it NOT take a diehard fan to appreciate the Chef... the Chef transcends Muppet fandom. There are people who don't even care about the Muppets but love characters like The Chef and Beaker. Rowlf shouldn't be that hard a sell. I don't think I'd see too much resistance from Crazy Harry or Uncle Deadly... not half as much as some of the very obscure characters from movies that just happen to be out on DVD. Still... that Chihuahua... I don't think I even saw the Scotty dog... even though he wasn't in the movie, they could have made Scamp as well (he was a comic book character LOOONG before the cheapqual). That's like making a plush toy of the racist Siamese Cat from Aristocrats... though I'd tend to get it, as Paul Winchell did his voice.

Anyway, I was there today, and they DID restock Gonzo and Fozzie. But no one else was present.
  6. Carl23 Member

Exactly my point. A small amount of Die Hard Lion King fans would LOVE having the Giraffes for their collection, but it's only a small amount. Most fans would only want Mufasa and Simba.

But Who doesn't like Kermit the Frog? And that's what I was getting at with Chef and Rowlf. Scooter not so much, but the others would sell because they overlap the Muppets franchise. A friend loves the Vet's Hospital bits, and is not too big on the rest of the Muppets in general.. More casual. But he'd LOVE a Rowlf as much as the rest of us.
  7. ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

So I just went on the disneystore website (US) and noticed the kermit and miss piggy plush are now back in stock. Something weird though, the price is now $19.50 instead of $16.50. Why is there a price change?
  8. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Gouging?
  9. BlueFrackle Active Member

10. Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

EVERYONE HEAD OVER TO THE DISNEYSTORE WEBSITE. Pepe is once again back in stock, after being off the site for almost 3 months! Go get yours while they are still available :rolleyes:
    BobThePizzaBoy and frogboy4 like this.
  11. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Gotta get on that before they sell out!
  12. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Luckily I got mine for Christmas.

The thing was going for $99.99 on amazon, no fooling. That should have sent a stronger message that there is a demand for Muppet stuff. Even when my local Disney store got Gonzos and Fozzies back in stock (and there were a lot of them), they didn't last too long.