Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

beaker

Reaction score
Sooo hoping 6-7" smaller versions get released soon

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's funny, as the words you use to describe grotesque are a huge selling point for me when it comes to some things:smile: (the works of tim burton and henry selick for instance) Well whats a good word for the standard Mcfarlane created, that became the standard for modern movie/game/cult collectible toys? Insanely detailed to the point of absurdity? Either way, it can't be an insult as I've always considered every Palisades toy, even for cartoons I wasnt into, a work of art.All Im saying is I notice for the last 14 years this style has been popular, it hasn't been something kids are tugging at their moms shirt tails for. Then again, I find it dishonest and lame what ended up happening...you now have this crappy standard of dinky, frail 3 3/4 figures(like Avatar, Pirates of the Carribean, DC, Marvel, Tron Legacy, etc)
that cost close to $10..yet the 6" and bigger versions only cost a couple bucks more. And the 2" two packs cost $7-9 dollars. None of it makes sense, and I often wonder if it's really something kids want

Toys I see that grab me even as a grownup(even tho I dont buy most the stuff) would be all the non Disney store toys at toys r us, walmart and target: Phineas and Ferb action figures, the Toy Story figures and buddy packs, etc. If only Mattel coulda done the same for the Muppets

When it comes to toys meant for kids, theres always going to be likeness issues. With Mario and Toy Story, theyre purely going off cgi models so its hard to mess up. But with Muppets, often all they have is lame 2001 era stock photos to go off of it seems like
Yes, referring to the detail of the figures a lot of people (including myself) worked very hard on as ugly or misshapen is most definitely an insult. I know you favor more cartoony representations of things and that's okay too, but nothing Palisades did was "grotesque" in any way. McFarlane is another story. Acknowledging that you misspoke or exaggerated would be the right thing to do because your technically incorrect and poorly chosen words have greatly offended me. :wink:

Anyway, I think these are what you're looking for. MC member Dearth posted about them in another thread. However, these are just park exclusives. I hope work like this makes it into wider release with more prominent placement. But here are your figures in time for xmas! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score

Anyway, I think these are what you're looking for. MC member Dearth posted about them in another thread. However, these are just park exclusives. I hope work like this makes it into wider release with more prominent placement. But here are your figures in time for xmas! :smile:
Okay, I'm working on no sleep and jumping back between this and the GMA Muppet takeover's second hour. It took me a while to realize this isn't a photo manip... They definitely used the Palisades figures as models, but a more streamlined slightly cartoonish design. This is kinda what I was looking for, but I really think that they could have just repacked them and sold them in stores as well.

Though, if you saw the deluxe Lion King set, you know what I'm talking about. But I'd love to see these repacked and hit the stores by the time the DVD comes out.

yeah i seen the removable Cars pez at walmart by the xmas stuff...i want em!
Yeah. I collect every Pez of a license I like. I wish I could get the Mr. Men set, but that's a Euro-exclusive and those are quite pricy online and if you manage to find them in stores. That's why I only have Scrooge McDuck, Mr. Bean's Teddy, and the Anteater from Pink Panther. Somehow they accidentally released the ant in the Bugz line, so they go together.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has found this out yet, but it looks like the Miss Piggy plush is sold out!!

beaker

Reaction score
Im sorry my words offended you, tho anyone who has followed my posts knows Ive had nothing but insanely high regards for Palisades, the line and their work. I know the insane lengths of dedication the whole team took to make the most jaw dropping statuesque line noone ever imagined...and thats what i meant by 'grotesque'...I guess in my mind that word isnt necessarily a bad thing. I literally just meant detailed beyond belief. It's the trademark of almost all adult collectible figures, but to kid collectors it might seem strange(where every wrinkle, dimple, etc is fleshed out) As a longtime collector you know what I mean. The only thing Ive ever said regarding modern adult Muppet collectibles that could be taken as offensive is I dont find the Muppet posers to look all too authentic against 80's, 90's and current ad/commercial/photoshoot official posers.

I followed with great interest every step of the Palisades Muppet figure journey, having even spoken at length on the phone with Ken Lilly in 2001. I bought virtually every figure, and consider Ken and his team the torchbearers of the Muppets in the first 2000 decade what Jason Segal is for 2010 and on. Im actually surprised he was personally able to keep the line going way past what the expectations were, even into 2005 with online and con exclusives and then made the ambitious task of tackling Sesame Street.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The figures may not have been a huge hit, sure... but you can't deny that the figure line DID start a trend. But I agree... it wasn't kid friendly. Some of the figures were a might fragile (thankfully all that broke was Rizzo's Ear and a couple of the Christmas figures which mostly I was able to repair)... I wouldn't give a child those things anyway. Something closer to the Jack in the Box/ Fisher Price line... heck, something close to the movie Smurfs line would have done wonders for the kids. That's the potential I see with this Disney world Figure set.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Yes, referring to the detail of the figures a lot of people (including myself) worked very hard on as ugly or misshapen is most definitely an insult. I know you favor more cartoony representations of things and that's okay too, but nothing Palisades did was "grotesque" in any way. McFarlane is another story. Acknowledging that you misspoke or exaggerated would be the right thing to do because your technically incorrect and poorly chosen words have greatly offended me. :wink:

Ahh! thos are so awesome!!!!!!!! i NEED em!

rowlfy662

Reaction score
that figure set looks awsome gonzo is my fav of the bunch out of them but why park exclusives

beaker

Reaction score
Anyways, I do apologize to Jamie for my poor choice of words, I was just trying to find a way to describe the adult collectible level of detail the Palisades Muppets figures had compared to toys made just for children and my thoughts on why they might not appeal to kids.

Peace? :smile:

Oh now while the Disney store might not have much in way of merch inside...THIS excitedly me greatly

beaker

Reaction score
Btw tooth, didnt Up get a bunch of books, journals, pens, wearables, etc? I remember summer 2009 seeing a center display at disney with a bunch of stuff...sadly they only had merch for the doberman dogs if Im remembering right...but youd think Disney would at least have notebooks and other doo dads.

But here....if ONLY some day we could get Disney toys in big box retailers or Disney stores of the line proper like these