1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by ElecMayhem, Oct 24, 2011.

1. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Ooooooh, what'd you get? :) I'd love to order the Star Wars Muppet action figures, but my wallet doesn't agree! ;)

And to DrTooth, I'm all about the plushes too! If I get to my Disney Store anytime soon, I may have to pick up a Piggy and Animal... maybe Rizzo too! ;) (We've got Kermit and Pepe already, don't need Fozzie as I've had the better MV3D plush for 7 years, and I'm still undecided on Walter. Gonna try for a Fisher Price Gonzo and Scooter on eBay soon...)
  2. Carl23

Carl23 Member

If you like the character, I would definently recommend Walter. He's really well made, as long as you can find one with a good mouth. His suit is very nice quality. If you are a fan, he's worth picking up - espeically if you can get a couple bucks off.

In my opinion, the Star Wars figures are way too expensive. At about $11 a figure (2 pack), that's pretty pricey considering their size. I really would like to snag the PVC set if I can manage to get my hands on one. There is a really nice Muppet Theater backdrop on their Craft site, and the two would go great together.

I'm really toying with the idea of modifying the DS Gonzo. His arms are way too short, and there is something about his face that seems... off. Other than his Nose/mouth is blue. Something about his eyes. I really think they should have gone the plastic eyes route, particularly with Gonzo and Beaker.
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Im sure you can guess;)
  4. kyunkyua

kyunkyua Active Member

I visited the Disney Store right after Christmas, and they only had Fozzie in stock. Probably not the best time to do my shopping... The clerk said a lot of people were asking about when they'd get more in stock, so that's a good sign.
    At this rate, I'll have to wait for two weeks of allowance so I can buy them online. Does anyone know what the shipping rates are from the US to Germany? Germany doesn't have any Disney stores...it's depressing.
  5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Great minds think alike. ;)
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'd much rather PVC's or something... but the Plush has been very good. And I LOVE the selection so far, hoping to see more, or at least smaller bean bag ones that I can actually find room for. The Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie are pretty good, but that was the BEST Animal we ever got, a great Beaker, a very good Piggy (the one who's hardest to make a plush of that looks right), the first ever Pepe, the new character Walter, and a really good Rizzo. Hopefully by the DVD release, we get Chef or something.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  7. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Chef would be great! I've got one from a claw machine a couple years back, he's "humonga"! He looks great, I'll hafta take a pic. Along with him and Bunsen (not just to complete the Labs duo, but also cus he's another fantastic character!), I'm really hoping for Scooter and Rowlf. An oversized Sweetums would be AWESOME too, maybe with an attached Robin beanie held in his hand, ha ha.

Hmm, who else? Link would be a dream come true, but will prolly never happen, lol. I really see Dr. Teeth as a big possibility, oh man, that would be so cool!! Ah, wishlists. :)
  8. Carl23

Carl23 Member

That's what i've been saying for several pages, a Bunsen would be a great addition. And everyone is in agreement than there NEEDS to be a Scooter and Rowlf, it's been far too long since a plush of either of them have been made.

Very far out there, but the rest of The Electric Mayhem... pretty much in any form would be great. I'd particularly like to see Floyd, but it seems anyone but Animal is probably a slim chance.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  9. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

Walter showed up today and I must say, he's even better than I expected! Holding him in my hand, I'm rather surprised by how accurate the likeness is, considering how awful the Fozzie I saw at the store looked. Disney Store has delivered some great exclusive merchandise of my favorite characters in the past, but Walter is one of my all time favorites! Haven't had a chance to build my replica puppet as planned, but this plush will definitely fill that fix for a while! If you're a fan of Walter, grab one of these little guys while you can!

Kermit 4.0 and his new best buddy:
    [​IMG]
    TikiColadas likes this.
  10. ilovemuppet4eva

ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

Just ordered the Kermit messenger bag, animal hat, and Kermit hat!! I can't wait until the items arrive!!! I hope they post more merchandise soon!
  11. TimmyMonsterIL

TimmyMonsterIL Active Member

I was just on the Disney Store site and saw that they have a new blind box collectible called "Cutesations." From what I have read, they will be a Disney Store exclusive item. They are small mini plush toys (no beanies), they come in sets of 8, boxed just like the Vinylmations, and if you buy the entire set at once, you get a special plush base to display them on. There is no word what sets will follow the debut line of Alice in Wonderland BUT I REALLY hope they do a Muppet line of these!!!
  12. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Wow, that sounds pretty sweet. I wonder if this is gonna be the new thing, instead of Vinyls that every company is doing right now.
  13. Carl23

Carl23 Member

NEWS. Disney Store is currently doing Buy One Get One FREE on ALL of their Plush, INCLUDING The Muppets. As a result, all of the Muppet plush (except "giant" Animal) is sold out on the website, so anyone looking to expand their collections on the cheap and are fortunate enough to have a DS near you - it'd be worth it to check it out.
  14. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

This is so insane. It seems like it's easier to sell college textbooks than it is to find these plushes. :)
  15. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I was ther Satruday :) No muppets except for Gonzo and Fozzie (I have earlier ones that I like better). Wish Iw ould have gotten Pepe and Rizzo
  16. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

I was at a Disney Store yesterday and they also only had Gonzo and Fozzie. The only other Muppet merch I could find was a kids shirt and kids PJ's. Very disappointing. Disney screwed up BIG TIME merchandising this film.
  17. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Yes they did. They are supposedly going to add new items for the DVD release, but it's slowly becoming apparent that they're not planning on doing that either.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The thing is, more and more of us are starting to agree. They have overload for Cars merchandise that they had to clear most of them out, but every time I go there's less and less... everything sold out but kid's clothes and some little brik a brak... but there's always a demand for the Muppet plush. I keep hearing people ask when they're getting more in, only to get "I dunnos." They have plush toys of the racist chihuahua that was on screen for like 1 minute in Lady and the Tramp, destined to be cleared out with a "What? Who was that from?" response, but they can't add to the line of Muppet products? You make someone as semi-obscure as Lew Zealand and Uncle Deadly, and I'm sure they'd sell out.

Really is a shame they made the PVC set a park exclusive. That would do wonders.
  19. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Well... I just discovered that I am no longer a member of The Fortunate Enough To Still Have A Disney Store club... Went down to the mall today, the whole thing was gone. No "Store Closing", no Clearance, just an empty hole where the magic used to be.

Shame. Now if i'm going to do any more Muppet collecting, i'll have to make the Journey to Downtown Disney. So I guess I should count myself lucky I've at least got that as an option.

EDIT: That's so true, DrTooth. If they literally made any Muppet into a plush, it's practically a guaranteed sell-out. But they insisted on making every single Car, when the target audience really only wants Mater, Lightning, and maybe Finn because he was pretty cool for the entire 15 minutes he was on screen.

I DO understand the logic behind the "Flashback" sets, like Lady and the Tramp. Nostalgia obviously plays a huge factor, and Die Hard fans would buy the whole set. But it really doesn't take a die hard Muppet fan to appreciate a good Rowlf or a Swedish Chef. A friend of mine would kill for Rowlf to make Dr. Bob, and it sucks that there is literally no way to do it short of the Fisher Price puppet.
  20. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

There was a Dr. Bob plush as part of a Vet's Hospital set about nine years ago, good luck finding it now though. You'd have an easier time finding a Pepe plush than you would any of Sababa's Muppet plushes these days.