Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for the pics! Just out of curiosity, where did yo happen to find a nanco pepe?

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
wow, only 11 bucks? I thought that he would cost a lot more than that!

Walter

Reaction score
just a note..Walter is back online for sale..but you must type in Walter on Disney store.com for him to show up.. he's not on the muppets page.:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
I think there's definitely a market for simplified, smoother pvc toys or ones with limited detail and articulation, but I don't agree with your choice of words. Adjective trouble. I'm hoping that you misspoke when you referred to Palisades' stunning work as "grotesque" (i.e. odd, unnatural in shape, appearance, character, fantastically ugly, absurd or bizarre) in detail or any other way. I understand what you're getting at, but you don't have to insult one artform when voicing your preference to another. That's all I'm saying.

Getting back to the point. I do think a scaled-down line of Muppet figures would have had an increased profit margin and that's probably how Disney will proceed in the area of the Muppets figural-form future. I just hope the likenesses turn out better than the Star Wars line. They didn't quite pull off the quality of their concept art.

I see the Muppets as more than nostalgic or trendy Tchotchkies to push product. I see the characters and the brand as touchstones of evergreen quality and Disney's trying to grow that. I have great respect for the Muppets product history and this groundwork being lain for their future. There are probably going to be some bumps along the way, but as far as I'm concerned they're doing a pretty good job.
It's funny, as the words you use to describe grotesque are a huge selling point for me when it comes to some things:smile: (the works of tim burton and henry selick for instance) Well whats a good word for the standard Mcfarlane created, that became the standard for modern movie/game/cult collectible toys? Insanely detailed to the point of absurdity? Either way, it can't be an insult as I've always considered every Palisades toy, even for cartoons I wasnt into, a work of art.All Im saying is I notice for the last 14 years this style has been popular, it hasn't been something kids are tugging at their moms shirt tails for. Then again, I find it dishonest and lame what ended up happening...you now have this crappy standard of dinky, frail 3 3/4 figures(like Avatar, Pirates of the Carribean, DC, Marvel, Tron Legacy, etc)
that cost close to $10..yet the 6" and bigger versions only cost a couple bucks more. And the 2" two packs cost $7-9 dollars. None of it makes sense, and I often wonder if it's really something kids want

Toys I see that grab me even as a grownup(even tho I dont buy most the stuff) would be all the non Disney store toys at toys r us, walmart and target: Phineas and Ferb action figures, the Toy Story figures and buddy packs, etc. If only Mattel coulda done the same for the Muppets

When it comes to toys meant for kids, theres always going to be likeness issues. With Mario and Toy Story, theyre purely going off cgi models so its hard to mess up. But with Muppets, often all they have is lame 2001 era stock photos to go off of it seems like

beaker

Reaction score
wow, only 11 bucks? I thought that he would cost a lot more than that!
There was a guy selling Nanco 7" pepes for under $10. I just thought the likeness was way off, and wanted to wait for a Disney one. That Pepe likeness with the Disney store plush is right on the money!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
with my new walter plush should i order either fozzie kermit animal beaker or gonzo? which gonzo probably is not gonna happen :frown: :concern:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Yeah, the Pez site is a total improvement over what it used to be, but they still are very slow to update things. And they don't even have a coming soon section. So when I find out about these things for the most part it's when I'm in the super markets or convenience stores. They don't even mention the removable Cars topped Pez on the site at all.
yeah i seen the removable Cars pez at walmart by the xmas stuff...i want em!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
just ordered walter and fozzie bear very exciting!!!!

next is gonna be pepe and rizzo soon but just had to get a walter and the best fozzie plush in my opion