Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
that figure set looks awsome gonzo is my fav of the bunch out of them but why park exclusives
because they DO A BUCH of there (Disney) other character's! and they NEVER (belive me!) re-package there "park toys" into Disney store merch! :scary:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i can understand the Star Wars Figs being exclusive to the parks since star tours is there....but the PVC set shouldve been in the Disney store as well

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Anyways, I do apologize to Jamie for my poor choice of words, I was just trying to find a way to describe the adult collectible level of detail the Palisades Muppets figures had compared to toys made just for children and my thoughts on why they might not appeal to kids.

Peace? :smile:

Oh now while the Disney store might not have much in way of merch inside...THIS excitedly me greatly

Thanks Cory. I know what you meant. Just been edgy lately trying to juggle two jobs and this terrible cold. While I adore the Neca style detail in figures it often makes a figure either too precious or too clunky for quality play value. My dream series would be to have Star Wars sized carded Muppets figures with 8 or fewer points of articulation. That would require a smooth rather than textured sculpt. Also, very limited amount of accessories.

Beautiful shirt! You actually got it!

Those Disney Store posters are beautiful!

beaker

Reaction score
Thanks Cory. I know what you meant. Just been edgy lately trying to juggle two jobs and this terrible cold. While I adore the Neca style detail in figures it often makes a figure either too precious or too clunky for quality play value. My dream series would be to have Star Wars sized carded Muppets figures with 8 or fewer points of articulation. That would require a smooth rather than textured sculpt. Also, very limited amount of accessories.

Beautiful shirt! You actually got it!

Those Disney Store posters are beautiful!
Yeah someone got it for me since mine had been lost in the mail. But now I'm gazing upon the illustrious beauty that is the full Threadless line and am waiting for either a discount day or just settling on one. I'm super stoked the balloons one got made...had a feeling Threadless would pick a few more winners. Hey, I've been thrown for a loop too from a bad cold...I can only imagine juggling that with two jobs. Eeps!

A lot of fans on here, knowing only of the Palisades line, have commented how they're big wish is for Disney to release figures in the scale of Palisades.And I understand...there was a brief period where it felt like there was going to be Palisades lines of Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock on top of the Muppet universe.

In a way I can understand Disney and various licencees hesitance regarding merchandise. It's been a bit of an x-factor, given the last wave of Muppets merch mostly relied on older nostalgia collectors to buy. Here, they need countless kids and parents alike wanting them. I just it just feels a little odd that Disney has gone overboard in advertising, marketing and saturation online/tv/internet but physical products are almost non existent in retail stores with only a smaller backroom display in the actual Disneystores.

Oh indeed, my dream since the early 80's has been the Muppets in a 3 3/4-4" carded scale. We're getting a glimpse of that with the park exclusive star wars packs, but even just figurine/pvc wise not much seems to be on the horizon.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Finally got to a Disney Store today, and while they were sold out of the Kermit an Piggy ornament, they did have some fantastic looking plushes! We picked up Kermit (mine!) and Pepe (wifeys), but they had given all their remaining weekend Muppets event goodies to charity just this morning! I knew I shoulda called ahead, oh well. I really hope the kids enjoy them. :smile:

Didn't get any plushes for my Son as he's already got TONS! Ha ha, and he'll be taking his Daddy-made Rowlf with him to see The Muppets on Thanksgiving. Can't wait!!

Bellygrub

Reaction score
Disney does sell some of it's "parks only" merchandise on the website with a constantly changing rotation. So don't be surprised if those PVC's end up on Disney Store.com.

I don't think we'll see the Star Wars Muppets up there. There is a very specific liscencing agreement with Lucas Film that prevents them from selling most Star Wars branded items outside the parks/online. There was a big pooh storm over it with the Star Wars Vinylmation sets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
In a way I can understand Disney and various licencees hesitance regarding merchandise. It's been a bit of an x-factor, given the last wave of Muppets merch mostly relied on older nostalgia collectors to buy. Here, they need countless kids and parents alike wanting them. I just it just feels a little odd that Disney has gone overboard in advertising, marketing and saturation online/tv/internet but physical products are almost non existent in retail stores with only a smaller backroom display in the actual Disneystores.
Considering I was at TRU and saw a huge end cap of a certain Christmas movie I don't wanna talk about, I kinda flip flopped on it... Yeah, Disney SHOULD have done a lot more outside the Disney store to make a presence for the Muppets. Small carded PVC's/limited articulation figures... small bean bag plush toys. Even cheap plastic Christmas ornaments like they have with Spongebob. If you go to a mall, one without a Disney Store mind you, you wouldn't think there's a Muppet Movie coming out. They did such a great job over the past year promoting the thing online and recently doing a good job on television... but a little cheap kid friendly merchandise can go a LONG way.

I get the feeling that, while I am sure the movie will do well enough to see more things later on, the fact that everything relies on how well this movie does kinda bugs me. ONLY because I've seen it happen before and big plans go to nothing. I doubt the film will do nearly bad enough that we'd never see them again.. but I fear a Looney Tunes BIA situation if film goers choose the loud, formulaic, dime a dozen 3-D competition.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Btw tooth, didnt Up get a bunch of books, journals, pens, wearables, etc? I remember summer 2009 seeing a center display at disney with a bunch of stuff...sadly they only had merch for the doberman dogs if Im remembering right...but youd think Disney would at least have notebooks and other doo dads.

But here....if ONLY some day we could get Disney toys in big box retailers or Disney stores of the line proper like these
Oooo... I definately want Ham Solo, and Chew. Finally, Link's goin' brunette. <3

Though, I definately want to get Kermit/Piggy for a certain bestie of mine. :smile:

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
I just noticed the ul disneystore site has muppets cushions (pillows). Does anyone know if the US disneystore site will be selling these because I would love them!!!