Disney's Michael Eisner On CNN's Larry King Live Tonight

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Here's the next thing that popped into my head, MAYBE since Disney now owns the Muppets they won't put advertising for them on the back burner, and they won't put Muppets aside for some other Disney film like they have done in the past. Now, Disney will be producing the productions, advertising, and distributing the stuff...hopefully.

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I enjoyed this interview, and it was clear to me that Michael Eisner truly does love the Muppets, and believes in them.
I wish I had as much trust in M.E. as you. But I don't think his tract record speaks to well for him. I mean, this is a guy who closed the Florida Aniamation offices because he said the public can't tell the difference between Full-Fledged-Disney-Movies the straight-to-video-Disney-Movies. I don't think he gets it, or if he ever did he must have lost it along the way.

:cry:

Anyway, moving right along.

:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
GonzoPimp said:
I wish I had as much trust in M.E. as you. But I don't think his tract record speaks to well for him. I mean, this is a guy who closed the Florida Aniamation offices because he said the public can't tell the difference between Full-Fledged-Disney-Movies the straight-to-video-Disney-Movies.
Did he really say that?? What is he, nuts? Someone can watch Aladdin and enjoy it, then in Aladdin and the King of Theives he's in a river/stream and it shows a rock and he clearly gets washed PAST the rock in the stream, then he climbs up from behind it! The animation is jumpy and grainy when not done in feature film development.

Maybe he meant that people can't tell if it's hand animated or CGI? Some folks can't, but they'd have to be blind to not be able to tell the difference, right?

I tell you what it was: Eisner got rid of the animation dept. with the expectations that Pixar would stay on board. Pixar nixed Disney to go on their own (and better deals for distribution somewhere else), and then Disney picked up The Muppets to make up for it.

It's all a part of Eisner working to try to save his job, not that it matters since 2 of the biggest stockholders in Disney have said they won't vote him back into his seat this year anyhoo. :big_grin: