1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Disney's New Muppets Logo

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Dec 16, 2010.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. terrimonster

terrimonster Member

It would be nice to give Jim Henson some credit, but there are legal issues with "created by." In television, a "created by" credit goes to the writer(s) credited on the pilot episode. Things would get a little murky since some characters were pre-Muppet Show and some were post-Muppet Show, but since they're largely from that series, Jack Burns would probably be included in a "created by" credit. I would guess the lack of credit comes down to a host of legal issues, not the least of which is the fact that there's a company that bears his name. Still, you're right; it would be nice to find a way to give some recognition to Jim Henson.
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

My friend from Denmark (some of you remember minidoozer) adds that it just looks like its missing a head.
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I like the logo, though I'd prefer the "Disney" part left off. This logo sort of reminds me of the 1980s "Henson Associate/Jim Henson Production" logo sequences with animated Kermit hand. Hmm, it'd be great if Disney could create a "Muppets Studio" logo sequence remincient of those (though not until there's a steady stream of new Muppet content).
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I totally remember all the "HA!" credits. Im so glad JHC resurrected the same logo for their "Henson Alternative" brand(not to be confused with Comedy Central originally being called HA!)
    And on a somewhat related note, many may not know that HIT Entertainment(behind Bob the Builder, Barney, Thomas and Friends, etc) stands for "Henson International Television" and until 1990 was part of the JHC franchise.
  5. seradarkness

seradarkness New Member

I'm not really a fan of this either. I think one of the other main problems is that whilst the rest of it is in a really bold black font the M actually stands out less. I keep reading it as 'The Uppets'.

I also agree that it reminds me of the Monsters Inc logo. Hopefully it won't be a permanent thing although even if it is I won't mind too much as long as the content is still good :)
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oooooo....hmm....well, it's cute...but as other people have said it looks like...well...a plant. I think if the rest of the "M" hadn't been green, the collar would look a lot better.
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I wonder if it'd look better if the collar was inside the M instead of on top.
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah I could see that, it would potentially look more stylish.
  9. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

the Muppet Logo is too Bland and they need to make it brighter Muppet Logo!
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Disney's branding the "Muppets" name with the image of Kermit in order to distinguish it from Sesame Street. They're also sneaking their name into the mix so that people know that they own Kermit and the Muppets:
    [​IMG]

I hope they'll go back to something like the classic logo once they are satisfied that the public gets it (without Jim's name for legal reasons, of course):
    [​IMG]

I hated that ugly, childish purple logo with the googly P's:​
    [​IMG]
    But I always liked the last logo under Henson ownership because it was old-meets-new:
    [​IMG]
    Yet logos like this are crisp and attractive enough, but make it seem like they're not even trying:
    [​IMG]
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  11. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

12. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That one screams: HOLY COW! We have SEEN the Office! We're relevant! That's probably the exact same font.
  14. Brantley

Brantley New Member

I think it's pretty cool and recognizable. If you see the M by itself it kind of says it all. What I find really interesting is how critical the reception of just the M itself is. That makes me think the movie is DOOMED! The nit pickers are gonna have a heyday. LOL :sigh:
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Welcome to MC Forums. :) I get what you're saying, but some of us longtime fans are also graphic artists so we're going to give voice to our critical eyes. Also, just because criticism is offered doesn't mean that it's not constructive or that we won't be able to turn all that off while watching the movie. Deconstruction of the things we like is part of why people join a forum. It's actually a good thing. :cool:
  16. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

17. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I actually like it a lot
    Duke Remington likes this.
  18. Muppetgirl1

Muppetgirl1 Member

I love it I think it's the best thing ever
  19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Yeah I can see that, mainly becuase it's your avatar picture
    LOL
    Beauregard likes this.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Plus this thread was started quite a while ago. I have to admit, since then this logo has grown on me. Not the best, but not the worst. I still hate that weird
    [​IMG]
    and the poser looking Kermit illustration too.

The logo's look has nothing to do with the movie's enjoyment factor or even the direction of the project. A logo's a logo. And chances are, it will be changed in time. I'd love a classic Muppet Show font logo as well... maybe in time. But it's better than that weird "The Office" font they had in

[​IMG]
    Which I still don't get. And we only saw that one once.