Do Folks Do This To You..?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well sometimes the reason is they themselves feel uncomfortable liking kid's stuff; they know they'd get made fun of. So then they're resentful when other people enjoy their interests with no fear.
I have to say, I actually am a bit uncomfortable liking kids stuff.... especially when I walk into a toy store. I get the strange thought "Gee I hope no one thinks I'm a pedophile" buzzing through my head. other times I get the though, "Gee! I hope no one thinks I'm retarded or something"

More than one occassion I feel like throwing away my cartoon shirts and wearing uncomfortable "real person" clothes.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well yes I'd be lieing if I said I never felt uncomfortable. Sometimes I do start saying to myself, "It ok! I'll just tell them it's for a relative!" Lol I guess it's normal.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I get a lot of smiles from people when I wear my Cat In The Hat Shirt.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well yes I'd be lieing if I said I never felt uncomfortable. Sometimes I do start saying to myself, "It ok! I'll just tell them it's for a relative!" Lol I guess it's normal.

Just don't look at them in the eyes.:halo:

People actually never really gave me looks. One time I remember I was buying the Heathcliff DVD somewhere, and the guy who sold it to me was actually surprised the store even sold it, and seemed delighted by theat fact.

ANyway, More often than not I either get No response or a positive one.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just don't look at them in the eyes.:halo:

People actually never really gave me looks. One time I remember I was buying the Heathcliff DVD somewhere, and the guy who sold it to me was actually surprised the store even sold it, and seemed delighted by theat fact.

ANyway, More often than not I either get No response or a positive one.
Thankfull no one's stared at me yet, I just always think they are, lol. I have had a few good reactions from cashiers, "Oh yeah, Muppet Show!"

One time a waitress complimented me on my good taste as I was watching Fraggle Rock on my portable DVD player.

A co-worker once reassured a friend that people still have good taste in this world because he'd met someone (me) who loved the Muppets, lol. :smile:

Still, a friend asked me what I'd watched at The Museum of TV and Radio. When I answered "mostly Muppets", she kinda laughed. Not in a mean way, but she did think it was a bit silly.

You get bad reactions and good reactions, but I think the more people you meet over time, the better. More variety of tastes. But whatever happens, you can't let it spoil your experience. :smile:

Skye

Reaction score
One time a waitress complimented me on my good taste as I was watching Fraggle Rock on my portable DVD player.
When I bought the first season of Fraggle Rock, the cashier was like "Oh my gosh, I remember that show!" and she was so excited! She thought it was the coolest thing that I was getting it. And she didn't even know that it was out on DVD yet, but she definitely seemed like she was going to get it.

She also looked at me like I had four heads when I told her that I hadn't seen any episodes of the show yet, lol... it's always fun to get such a positive reaction like that, especially when it's unexpected! :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
I used to be a faithful viewer of The Electric Company, too. Of course I had no idea who Morgan Freeman was back then, but I knew Cos from "Fat Albert." I also enjoyed the contributions of Skip Hinnant (Fargo North Decoder) and Rita Moreno ("hey you guys!") I watched the show again when it aired on Noggin eons ago now it seems, but have yet to pick up the DVDs. But when I was a kid, my PBS station would air Sesame Street around 4:00 and The Electric Company at 5:00.
You'll like the EC DVDs! They bring back lots of memories!:big_grin:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Thankfull no one's stared at me yet, I just always think they are, lol. I have had a few good reactions from cashiers, "Oh yeah, Muppet Show!"
This is exactly the reaction I got when I bought a couple of the Time-Life Muppet Shows on VHS at my local Best Buy several years ago. The cashier was like "wow, the Muppets! I always loved Miss Piggy!" And she was probably around my age.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Speaking of animation and "children's entertainment," has anyone heard/seen the new direct-to-DVD movie, Superman: Doomsday? I was wondering if it was worth a look, since I have the death of Supes comics. Some of the voices include Adam Baldwin, Anne Heche, Tom Kenny and John DiMaggio.