Do You Know Muppet Fans In Real Life?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Lol, right on! :big_grin:

My family and I were walking through Walmart the other day, and I complimented a dude on his choice of clothing. He was wearing a green Oscar shirt, and a Kermit hat! He told me that it felt like a Muppet day! :smile:. I was tempted to talk about the movie, and the Threadless challenge, but I wasn't sure of the level of his fandom, so I let it go. Plus, my Boy was anxious to get to the Toy department, so... lol. :big_grin:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------------------------
Seems like a bunch of folks at my last job (Bookmans) are Muppaphiles. I've been trying to round up a group of them for us all to go together opening night! (Will check on that tonight, actually; going there after here to see how the survey assignment I sent a friend on turned out as to what day/time the most people would be able to come.)

Best Muppety moment there: it's a used-only store, so they have a huge trade-in counter, where as a book buyer I often spent the workday. I don't recall how the conversation started, but one day last fall someone brought up Muppet movies, and I immediately shouted out for TGMC as best-ever. One of the younger kids admitted they hadn't seen that one. "Oh, but you have to! It has the best songs!" I said, and immediately did my best Nicky: "Happiness, Miss Piggy!" And immediately my friend Jack, who'd overheard, chimed in with an even better operatic tenor than mine: "Sweet caress, Miss Piggy!" So of course we finished out the verse together at the top of our lungs, with customers all staring at us: "All the world ever wanted was youuuuu, a dream come true....ah Miss Piggy, it's youuuu, it's youuuu, it's youuuuu!"

Was tremendous fun. :news: Of course, Bookmans is probably the biggest single nerd/geek conglomerative workforce in the state! But being around a bunch of other knowledgable fans was great, and I miss that. It's part of why I drop in once a week or so to say hi and bring cookies for the poor retail slaves!
---------------------------------

rowlfy662

Reaction score
sadly i don't know one big muppet fan in real life one of my friends knows a lot of the characters but thats cause he has muppet party cruise thats the only way he knows them

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------------------
Goodness Rowlfy. :sympathy: Try hanging out at primo geek locales...the cool bookstore, comic shop, gaming shop...if your town has those, of course!

--------------------------------

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I know a few Muppet fans in real life, some of them are forum members but I know a few others. I know this one girl who has a lot of things in common with me including the Muppets. I also know this guy who knows a lot about the Muppets and the Muppet Show. But both of them aren't really on the same level of fandom as me! :smile::electric::jim:

beaker

Reaction score
I've seen seeing a growing amount of hipster college kids with various Muppet related shirts, which makes me happy. I wore my Beaker shirt to a weekend indiemusic fest thing and there were several others wearing Animal and Fraggle shirts, and I got a bunch of complements. (Met this one cute girl who came up to me and said she's a huge diehard Muppet/JH fan...sadly had a boyfriend tho, ha) Also Ive just seen random people out in about wearing shirts.

Heck the other day at Target this checkout guy was wearing a super grover shirt, and we started talking about Muppets.

So heads up Disney: Start releasing a lot of DIFFERENT Muppet shirts out there!

beaker

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever met someone in person that doesn't like the Muppets.
Oh I have. Ive now and then run into people who say they cant stand them. Thats how I know not to have contact or be their friend. I dont care what religion, political, social, etc views someone has...but actually hating the Muppets? I find that extremely offensive, more offensive than if someone were to launch into a racial verbal assault against me.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Oh I have. Ive now and then run into people who say they cant stand them. Thats how I know not to have contact or be their friend. I dont care what religion, political, social, etc views someone has...but actually hating the Muppets? I find that extremely offensive, more offensive than if someone were to launch into a racial verbal assault against me.
OH yeah. That's a mindset I just can't grasp. I always ask, "WHY do you dislike them?" More often than not they dislike one particular character, not the whole group, but yes, there seem to be a few bizarros out there who actually can't stand Muppets. "More offensive" than a verbal assault, though? Nope. That's the line between emotionally dysfunctional and outright sociopathic to me!
--------------------------------------------------

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I have some friends at work who, while I don't know their level of fandom, like to talk Muppets with me. One of them is getting into the puppetry thing a little and we're making plans to get some videos up on YouTube. The other one was kinda funny because I mentioned to her the other day how when my bangs get long and in my face I say I'm having a Boober day. She kinda laughed and I thought it was one of those laughs of agreement. Then I asked her if she knew who Boober was and she said yes. It was actually quite surprising. In addition to them I know other people who like the Muppets. But I don't know if I've met anyone yet who's a hardcore fan.