Do You Know Muppet Fans In Real Life?

Kiki

Reaction score
I've watched Muppets stuff with my friends several times and we always had fun, it's a very nostalgic trip for us, hehe. I even have a friend from Europe who remembers watching Muppet Babies! : D

Though I did have one friend who saw my copy of Street Gang and jokingly said, "What are you, 12?" Lol
Haha, that's awesome Heralde, I get the same reaction! :wink: Though I remember in year 9 I bought in The Wisdom Of Big Bird into an english class and everyone was really curious about it, which was kind of cool. oh, and by the way, HI! Feels like it's been ages since I last talked to you, I wondered where you went. :wink: Mind you, I shouldn't talk, I've been lazy on this thing.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Perhaps on the East Coast...I know a lot of us fans are going to try and get a big fan gathering going for Disneyland and or D23 later this summer if an official one isnt made
Boy, that'd be cool. I'd really have to try and come out for something like that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Haha, that's awesome Heralde, I get the same reaction! Though I remember in year 9 I bought in The Wisdom Of Big Bird into an english class and everyone was really curious about it, which was kind of cool. oh, and by the way, HI! Feels like it's been ages since I last talked to you, I wondered where you went. Mind you, I shouldn't talk, I've been lazy on this thing.
HI Kiki! Yeah I was away for awhile, but now I'm back, hehe. Aw thanks for wondering about me, I missed talking with you as well! :halo:

There was never a point in later childhood where people said I was weird for liking the occasional kids show. My parents were a little frustrated for awhile but once I also started watching things like the news and VH1's Behind the Music, they were less concerned, lol.

That's often the key, you can watch what you want, as long as you bend a little and keep it balanced. :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Wow. If I should do that on my school they won't let me in at all!

Oh I don't know about that. Europe has always been nuts for the Muppets. In fact a really good two hour documentary called "I Loved The Muppets" was made for and shown in the Netherlands back in the early 2000's

beaker

Reaction score
About five years ago, I also met a young girl (in her early 20s?) who owned a local shop that consisted of music, DVDs and figurines (GREAT shop, but closed down sadly shortly after it opened, wasn't the greatest shop to put in that specific area) and she knew Kynan from Toughpigs (which I knew of at the time- small world!) and she knew a fair bit about the muppets. Other than that, I know a few adults who are fairly knowledgable on the muppets, but Im not so sure if they'd consider themselves 'fans'. I know a lot of people who wear muppet tops, but I can't help but think that they're not very passionate about muppetnessossity (bad, I know, such a typical muppet fan thing to think), but I try to give some the benefit of the doubt, because I can imagine in the area that I live in, which is vibrant in culture and where /a lot/ of pop-culture nerds inhabit, that muppet fans would be out there somewhere.
Wow! It sounds like you live where I would love it! Where is this artsy nerd eccentric mecca? Austin Texas, Portland Oregon, Toronto? I'm in a boring conservative suburbs area, but luckily San Francisco is less than two hours from me.

I would SO love to own a little hole in the wall ecclectic store
selling post punk vinyl records, indie and foreign dvds, unique fashion, kaiju and vinyl figures, giant robots and retro 80's and 90's toys.

It definitely sounds like there's probably a lot of college aged and older people in your area who have a deep down fondness for the Muppets. In fact, I bet if you were to have a Muppet movie marathon hosted at a theater, you'd have it packed.

beaker

Reaction score
Haha, that's awesome Heralde, I get the same reaction! :wink: Though I remember in year 9 I bought in The Wisdom Of Big Bird into an english class and everyone was really curious about it, which was kind of cool. oh, and by the way, HI! Feels like it's been ages since I last talked to you, I wondered where you went. :wink: Mind you, I shouldn't talk, I've been lazy on this thing.
Gah, I love that book. I have all the "philosophical" Muppet books(Including Kermit guide to the 90's as well) I remember getting to see Spinney with Oscar at a book signing for it. Quickest I ever read a book, though I remember it being quite short.

And hey, nothing to be ashamed about as far as being absent on here. I was a big time poster 1998-2003, and then pretty much disappeared from here until a year or two ago.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Wow! It sounds like you live where I would love it! Where is this artsy nerd eccentric mecca? Austin Texas, Portland Oregon, Toronto? I'm in a boring conservative suburbs area, but luckily San Francisco is less than two hours from me.

I know EXACTLY how you feel... most of NorCal is very boring (I can't wait to get out!)

Puckrox

Reaction score
So, last night I quoted my favorite line from the play I'm currently directing. The line is:

"There is no poetry in teeth."

My friend, Peter, had this to say in response:

"Unless you count Dr. Teeth. He's full of poetry."

I screamed with utter joy at this response. It definitely made my crappy day yesterday so much better.

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Oh I don't know about that. Europe has always been nuts for the Muppets. In fact a really good two hour documentary called "I Loved The Muppets" was made for and shown in the Netherlands back in the early 2000's
Didn´t see that one... man, I was 3 or 4...! Hum, pity I missed it...

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I recently found out that one of my co-workers loves the Muppets. We walk around singing "Mahna Mahna" with each other :big_grin: