Do you like Disney owning the Muppets?

maxdrive

Reaction score
i dont liek that disney owns muppets i really wont like if the change the name to dysnery muppets more because it slike disney is saying its all ours we created it like they are takeing credit for all of jim henson's work at leas tthey could give him the regesnation he deserves its liek they will act like that done it all and young kids dont know the truth since they wont remeber the shows like we do they will think disney done it all and i dotn think thats right.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I have to say that since the news that Disney plans (and has already announced) the release of Season Set DVDs of The Muppet Show: Yes. I like them (for) now. Plus, they're doing more with The Muppets than JHC was doing in the same period of time. All you have to do is look at the forum topics to see all the appearances they are making as proof.

(Of course, I'm easy, too.)

McFraggle

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I have to say that since the news that Disney plans (and has already announced) the release of Season Set DVDs of The Muppet Show: Yes. I like them (for) now. Plus, they're doing more with The Muppets than JHC was doing in the same period of time. All you have to do is look at the forum topics to see all the appearances they are making as proof.

(Of course, I'm easy, too.)
I agree Kevin. It looks pretty good right now. :smile:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I agree Kevin. It looks pretty good right now. :smile:
I agree.Like I stated before,Disney just bought The Muppets.Don't espect all their Muppet project to be done overnight or finished by this year.It'll take time for future projects to occur in real time.I'm very happy on TMS season by season dvd release.Time will tell what is in store for the years to come.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At the time of the sale I had said that the long-term signs of what Disney will do with the Muppets will likely come to terms 3-4 years after the sale. So around 2007-2008, we'll get an idea of whether the Muppets are a long-term property or just a new novelty for Disney. The true test will be when Disney no longer is working with JHC after their multi-year partnership agreement expires.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
The true test will be when Disney no longer is working with JHC after their multi-year partnership agreement expires.
I agree Phillip. Even though Disney still has the final say, the JHC still has some input. After the agreement expires it could get interesting.