Do you like Disney owning the Muppets?

Bubbadog

Reaction score
AAAAHHHHH!!! How horrible!
That logo made me jump! If you want my opinion on that, everyone else pretty much said it already! Disney's Muppets is a BAD IDEA!
The logo looked professional, as far as altering known logos go. But no!
NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
Bad monkey! No banana!
I need some air!
ARGH! :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

Bubbadog

Reaction score
Muppets Holding said:
When I saw this forum I was like wow.

But, It will NEVER saw Disney's Muppets. Disney did not buy the name Jim Henson. Also Disney dosen't want to take away Jim Henosn's Name.

So Muppet Fans Don't Worry about ever seeing Disney's Muppets. You Never will.
Sorry about the second post but I hadn't seen this one yet. You must work for them?
And if so, I LOVE YOU FOR SAYING THAT!
Thank you. :crazy: :smile: :big_grin:
And if you do work for them, how about some info about shows or anything?
Please?

rowlfster

Reaction score
Thought it would be good but in the Disney store they do every character other than Rowlf !!! ... Gutted

Doctor Teeth

Reaction score
Disney grows more corrupt by the minute... I fear for the future of the Muppets...

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The Muppets are part of the Muppet Holding Company. Which although it is owned by Disney, it is quite detached too. So the major unit of Disney would hit rock bottom a little before the Muppet would ever get pulled down that low. Let's hope it never happens. Disney and the Muppets are undergoing change now but they will be back and better than before. A lot of the same people from Henson are invovled with the Muppets today (not just in the productions but also in the offices, writers room, and marketing department) so the Muppets will not change that much due to the Disney deal.

Oliver

Reaction score
It seems that Disney hasn't done much with the Muppet franchise since purchasing the rights this past summer. I'm hoping this isn't a sign of things to come... a little product merchandising or hint to what's in the works couldn't hurt. I would have figured we'd be seeing press announcements of Special Edition releases of the classic movie trilogy or at least word of more classic Muppet specials surfacing on DVD by now. It's time Disney got cracking in this department! Let's get "A Muppet Valentine Special", "The Muppet Musicians Of Bremen", "The Muppets Go Hollywood", "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" and a new Special Edition release of the classic "A Muppet Family Christmas" out on DVD already!!!

McFraggle

Reaction score
While I am surprised we haven't seen anything yet, I figure they are making big plans to coincide with the movie.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
While I am surprised we haven't seen anything yet, I figure they are making big plans to coincide with the movie.
And you have to think it's going to take a while for a hold new department at Disney to get situated.

HappinessHotel

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
And you have to think it's going to take a while for a hold new department at Disney to get situated.
I think you meant "whole new department". Silly pants.