Does Kermit love Piggy?

MWoO

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that was a great scene.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
let's be resonable people. if he didn't love her, they wouldn't of married?

unclematt

Reaction score
But did they Marry? I have heard mny times that it was just a scene in a movie. Tough call! A Muppet Mystery :confused:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
they married. i saw The Muppets Take Manhaatan. so let's drop this for pete sakes!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I saw The Muppets Take Manhattan too, but I don't think they're married. My opinion is that in MTM, they were playing characters who were also themselves in a fictional plot line. The wedding scene was part of a play that was in the movie. So when Kermit says, "Piggy? I thought Gonzo was playing the minister!" that's his character in the play breaking to his character in the movie. So in the play and the movie, they're married, but not in real life. And Kermit has since denied them being married. Although Miss Piggy doesn't necessarily agree, but then, can you really trust Miss Piggy's take on the relationship? And if you understood all of the post the first time you read it, you get a hug. See? <hug>

Beauregard

Reaction score
I understood it!

I also understand that I said, "Details at eleven" I am now going to give details...

My thoughts on the matter are that Kermit may or may not love the pig, but he sure dosn't want to commit either way.

"But I'm a pig," Miss Piggy shouts. "I need comitment." But does she? Certainly not. Is she commited to Kermit? Nope. Miss Piggy is out for publicity...we know that much...she even left Kermit when her agent called with a comercial, so! So, the questian is, is it all a big publisity stunt? Or does she really love him?

On the other hand....

....Jim Got a real minister to play the part...

...Miss Piggy said in the 30 years that Kermit was a hppily maried frog. Kermit denied this not.

...he sure seems to care for her in MFC...

BUT! Is it care? Or love? Would he have been as worried if Fozzie hadn't turned up?

BUT! He loves her in all the movies...is this because Piggy gets her hands on the screenwriters, and threatens to karate chop them to heaven if they don't put the romance angle in?

Questians, questians, questians....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Yes. He just isn't comfortable expressing it.
I second that. But then again, I wouldn't say that he doesn't HATE here either.

unclematt

Reaction score
We need a definitive answer if they are married or not.

chicamuppet

Reaction score
I think that Kermit really loves Piggy. If he didn´t, how does he forgives her all the stupid things she does? I mean, only a person that is in love can be so pacient. He accepts her personality, her mood, only someone in love can stand a person like Piggy.

Beauregard

Reaction score
unclematt said:
We need a definitive answer if they are married or not.
:smile: : We are not married.

:mad: : We are married.

:zany: : They are not married...

Answer: They are not. Acording to Muppet cannon, nope.