Does Kermit love Piggy?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm in doubt toward their marriage, but that would be Kermit's idea in my opinion. I think Piggy is a flirt and Kermit feels awkward about showing any real emotions, and in Kermit's mind; if there's to be a serious relationship, Piggy needs to be a bit more serious.

chicamuppet

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I'm in doubt toward their marriage, but that would be Kermit's idea in my opinion. I think Piggy is a flirt and Kermit feels awkward about showing any real emotions, and in Kermit's mind; if there's to be a serious relationship, Piggy needs to be a bit more serious.
I agree: I think Kermit feels a bit ashamed of Piggy because of her delusions of grandeur. When Piggy will stop being so ridiculous, I think Kermit will finally show his real emotions about her and, who knows, perhaps they will get married at the end (actually, I think they are not. Piggy wants to, and she has tried several times to plan their wedding, but she hasn´t already managed to.)

Ernie101

Reaction score
I was bored so I went diving for random old threads and found this. Let me just post my opinion.

Well, I don't personally think this goes as far as love. I mean you'd love to believe it, but I just don't see it. You can see clearly from Piggy that she is infactuated easily. Aswell, she flirts with other people like you said.. You don't do that to someone you love.

Also, maybe Kermit is a bit scared to say, No! to her.. hmm?

Drake.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
"But I'm a pig," Miss Piggy shouts. "I need comitment." But does she? Certainly not. Is she commited to Kermit? Nope. Miss Piggy is out for publicity...we know that much...she even left Kermit when her agent called with a comercial, so! So, the questian is, is it all a big publisity stunt? Or does she really love him?
But that wasn't Miss Piggy herself who said that line. That was actually her playing Benjamina Gunn. I just thought I'd bring that up.

unclematt

Reaction score
I would really like to think that they are not married. If they are not married you can still have that classic element of Miss Piggy chasing down Kermit. You can keep one of the classic Muppet storylines going on with a new generation of Muppet fans. Will finish this post later

unclematt

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I would really like to think that they are not married. If they are not married you can still have that classic element of Miss Piggy chasing down Kermit. You can keep one of the classic Muppet storylines going on with a new generation of Muppet fans. Will finish this post later
Now that I am back I would like to continue with what I was trying to say. Piggy chasing Kermit was one of the elements that drove the Muppet Show and the first three movies. It is probably the most classic of ongoing Muppet storylines. I think that it should continue. That is why I hope that they are not married.

Emosewa

Reaction score
Well, technically even though we saw a wedding, I don't think that could count. ^_^ It was more of just something on stage for their big broadway musical right? Which means that if it is a hit, they'll be getting married a lot, and with kermit having had amnesia, I'm sure they never had a chance to do preperations to make it legal. ^_^ SO no real marraige there.
As well as the fact I don't think kermit loves her, just feels he's expected to, since she is very ..urm.. loud about her feelings to him and how he'd be a fool to not love her. And besides the occassional celebrity, I've not seen anyone go after the frog. ^_^ If he ever does marry her for real, it might simply be out of loneliness or finally giving in to the chase.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
My two cents on the dollar...

I don't believe that Piggy and Kermit are married. Their marriage exists (for now) only in Piggy's imagination.

I do think that Kermit loves Piggy BUT I think his feelings toward her have only developed recently.

During TMS he regarded her as he regarded everyone else in the show cast and crew - as his friend. Kermit may have felt something more towards Piggy during that time but he wasn't completely sure of his feelings, probably because the pig came on so strong. In fact in the Linda Ronstadt episode he tells Linda, "You may know that, and Piggy may know that, but the vote's not in yet from the frog."

Things probably didn't start to change until IAVMMC, when Kermit saw what the world and the lives of his friends would be like if he never existed. That experience probably caused Kermit to do a lot of soul-searching and re-evaluating his relationships with people. It's my belief that Kermit decided to give Piggy a chance, and for the moment their relationship is working out fairly well.

I think it's safe to say the vote's in from the frog, now.

-Kim

unclematt

Reaction score
Is there any way of knowing this for sure? We need a Q and A with the frog!