Dr.Teeth and the Time Before the Mayhem

fictionalnice

Reaction score
A/N: OMG!!! SO SORRY!!! but i don't have wi-fi...anyway!!! XD I hope you love this chap!! Specially you Zoot lovers!!
Chapter #3

School days weren’t always the best for Eugene, but he always tried his best to keep smiling, and just get through each day with a hopeful outlook. He always tried to be nice to everyone, and not give up who he was.

But it wasn’t always easy; he didn’t quite understand why no one liked him. It really did grate on his nerves sometimes, if only one person was nice to him, if he had one friend. It would make all this a lot easier for him.

It usually didn’t bother him, or he never let it bother him, but every now and again or for him once a week, something would happen that would really get to him. Currently Eugene was sitting in lunch picking at his greasy pizza, not really in the mood to eat anything.

The first few periods were ****, as usual. In every class someone different would think up something different to humiliate him, to be honest it wasn’t that bad. It just got to him, for example in math class. Every time the teacher turned around a class mate would spit chewed up paper at him. In science class someone else got up to sharpen their pencil and shoved him out of his chair and onto the floor.

He knew it was just classroom teasing, but when it happened so often, it begging’s to grate on ones nerves. Eugene sighed “Hmm.” He felt so alone, not to sound dramatic, to be honest there was one girl he saw pass him in the halls every now and again who actually was nice to him.

She was a tall curvy blond, short short’s, crop tops and high heels. Her name was Janet, June, or Janice…something like that, and she always smiled at him and said hello. They weren’t exactly friends but she was nice to him so he extended the same curtsey.

“Well…things will get better.” He murmured to himself pushing his food away, deciding to head to the library to pass the rest of lunch off he stood up and picked up his tray. He emptied the food he never touched into the trash than placed the tray onto a stack of more trays.

As he was doing this, something mushy, red, and liquidy substance was dumped all over him. Gasping he held his arms up and took a step back, “What the!” turning around he found Wayne. A Muppet teen who constantly tormented him; his was a white Muppet with short brown hair, and narrow black eyes.

He was on the softball team, and currently yearning after Wanda, who had long straight black hair and was a cheerleader. Eugene flicked his hands toward the ground coated in spaghetti, sauce and chocolate milk. Spluttering he shook his head “Wayne? What’s wrong with you! Why would you-”

But Wayne just sneered “That’s what you get you metal mouthed, green freak! Next time, stay away from my table!” Eugene frowned biting his lip, his eyes burning as everyone around him laughed. Feeling very cornered and self-concise Eugene wrapped his arms around himself and ran out of the cafeteria.

He didn’t even stay in the building he just kept running, outside, down the street, and all the way back to his neighborhood. He didn’t stop until he literally plowed someone over, just across the street from his house. They both shouted out in surprise and tumbled to the ground,

“OOF!” Eugene yelled, lying on the concrete literally tangled up with another person. “OH…that sucked.” The stranger sighed; gasping Eugene jumped to his feet and helped the stranger to his feet. “OH my god! I am so sorry!” he stuttered frantically, the person he plowed over was a young boy; he had to be around the same age as Eugene.

He had a full head of short dark blue curly hair, combed to the side, hair falling in front of his eyes. Light aqua blue greenish skin, a lime green nose, dark black sunglasses with white frames, and round bottoms.

He wore mustard yellow sandals, blue jeans with holes in one knee, and a baggy grey t-shirt, with a v neck and black swirls on the neck trimming. The boy smiled “It’s cool, no problem.” He reassured Eugene picking up a grey black stripped hat. The boy brushed himself off, and cocked his head to the side “Ok, um…did you and lunch have a disagreement or something?”

Eugene blushed and looked down at himself he did look bad “Oh, um…I just…a little accident at school.” The boy nodded sympathetically “I see, well my name is Zoot Simms, I just moved in today.” Eugene looked back at the house they were in front of him, with a large moving truck parked out front and boxes and furniture scattered on the lawn. Eugene whipped his cheek with the back of his hand

“I’m Eugene Tethen, I live across the street. Nice to meet ya.” Zoot grinned and they shook hands, but immediately after Zoot let out a loud “EWW! There’s sauce on my hand! Gross!” Eugene smiled sheepishly “Oh…sorry. My bad.” Zoot shook his head a little and smiled “no problem dude.”

“So I guess you’ll be starting school were I go soon huh?” Eugene asked, curiously. Zoot nodded “Yeah, what should I expect?” Eugene smiled nervously, eyes comically wide “Well…um…it’s…different.”

“That bad huh?” Zoot asked looking a tad nervous, and Eugene couldn’t help but laugh “Don’t worry, You can’t be treated any worse than me!” Zoot cocked an eye brow “What do you mean? You’re a cool guy?” Eugene chuckled “Yeah, convince them of that.” Zoot caught sight of his braces and smiled

“Cool braces!” Being sincerely genuine, Eugene opened his mouth a little “Yeah, I get them off in a while.” Zoot nodded in awe “Can you pick up radio signals with them!?”

Eugene laughed loudly “Just about!” Zoot chuckled and put his hands in his pockets “Well, um, I got to unpack...Would it be weird if I asked you to help me?” Eugene let out a bark like laugh “Completely.”

“Ok, but will you? My folks are out on a date for the day and I don’t want to be alone in a new house tonight…” Eugene frowned as Zoot trailed off looking down at the ground and kicking his feet on the tar, which was weird Eugene thought, why would his parents leave him alone like that?

“Of course I’ll help ya! My Ma is workin late tonight anyhow, just let me hop in the shower and I’ll be right over ok?” Zoot snapped his head up with a smile, looking surprised, and ecstatic at the same time “Really? Ok great!”

They bid each other a temporary good bye, and Eugene ran across the street to clean up and change. It seemed he was right; things seemed to be looking up.

A/N: COMMENT PLEASE!!! PLEASE!! PLEASE!!! Sorry to beg but I luvs them so!!

floyd<3janice

Reaction score
This is an awesome story and I can't wait to read more so post soon please!

fictionalnice

Reaction score
YEAH!!! THANKS!!! I'll post more now cause I'm not sure when I'll be able to next...hopefully in a week or under if i'm lucky! XD

fictionalnice

Reaction score
A/N: Comment please!! :big_grin: And don't forget to enjoy!
Chapter #4

“You two met first!” Kermit exclaimed, holding onto his coffee cup with great interest. Gonzo nodded wanting for Dr. Teeth to continue, “I never would have guessed!” but they weren’t the only ones amazed Janice and Floyd were just as surprised as the two of them.

They never knew that Dr. Teeth was treated so badly, yeah they knew that he was picked on but they never knew that he was treated THAT badly. “Yeah man, what a drag!” Floyd exclaimed, animal shouted angrily “MEAN!!! WAYNE MEAN!!!” Floyd pated animal hand “Calm down man, hear-”

he offered picking up a blueberry Danish “Eat this.” Animal quickly snatched it from him and laughed, trying to eat the whole thing at once. Janice smiled at him before she turned to Zoot and asked “So why do you…or, why did you…um” she paused unsure of how to put her question without sounding rude

“Why did you act so…different?” Zoot looked absolutely miserable right now, he sat in his seat, a cup of hot tea gripped tightly in his hands as he looked down at the table. It was very clear that he was not ok with them doing this. When he didn’t answer Dr. Teeth patted his shoulder and continued “Uh…let’s just kick off where we paused…anyway, after I got myself cleaned up…”

Once Eugene hand himself all clean and was in a nice fresh pair of cloths he pocketed his keys and headed back across the street. Where he spotted movers caring the furniture inside, he barely noted that they were almost done moving things inside. Dodging the crowd Eugene walked in through the front door of the classical style house “Knock knock!”

he shouted gazing at the many boxes filling up the front hall, Zoot popped his head in from around the corner of what Eugene assumed was the living room, “You’re here! That only took you an hour!” he complained sarcastically, Eugene grinned smugly “Beauty takes precious time dear Zoot.”

Zoot stuck his tongue out at Eugene before he laughed “well come on in here! I’m separating the boxes.” Eugene nodded and entered the living room, “Nice!” he grinned, at the regal styled living room, nice and big, a fire place and polished dark wooden floors. Eugene figured the whole house would be in a regal style.

Zoot picked up a box labeled kitchen ware, and moved it with a pile of other boxes “Yeah…not bad, kinda big for my taste though.” Eugene nodded joining in on the division of the sea of boxes “I get that, my ma works a lot! And our house is just really big and empty, kinda lonesome. I don’t blame her, but it’s still sad.”

Zoot grunted pushing a large box closer to the living room boxes, interested now “What about your dad?” he asked carefully, Eugene helped him pick up the box and move it. as they put it down he whispered mournfully “He’s dead.” Zoot opened his mouth and closed it several times before he whispered “I’m sorry…”

Eugene shrugged “heart attack…about two months ago.” Zoot flinched and looked around desperate to change the subject “Ummm…uh…well.” He cleared his throat and tried to smile “Want to see my room?” Eugene smiled and nodded “Alright!” Zoot waved him back into the front hall gesturing to a pile of boxes “Help me carry my stuff upstairs will you?”

Eugene agreed and together they moved all the boxes upstairs into a small one windowed, sliding closet door room, with a dark bluish black rug, and light blue walls. Finally there was one thing left to move up to Zoot’s room, not that he had a lot stuff, a large maroon chest. Eugene picked up one end as Zoot lifted the other, and carefully they headed up the stairs.

Eugene asked “Man what’s in here?” Zoot evading his gaze “Just…stuff.” Thankfully Eugene noticed his uneasiness and reassured him “That’s cool. You don’t have to tell me.” Zoot shifted the chest in his hands and asked “I don’t?” Eugene shook his head “nah, it’s your business, I mean, we just met man. I don’t expect ya to spill your guts.” Zoot chuckled as they walked into his room “I’ll keep that in mind.”

Both of them stretched, and plopped down on the ground. Amongst the furniture and boxes that was placed in here. “Oh man! How tiring!” Zoot complained, Eugene nodded checking his watch for the time surprisingly it was already three thirty in the afternoon.

They sat in silence for a while resting sore muscles, Eugene couldn’t help but notice how much Zoot didn’t have. He had two boxes of clothes, a box of miscellaneous items, and one box of personal items. Not counting the chest of mystery. But he decided not to say anything; it was really none of his business.

But it was odd, he had so many questions, but when Zoot or if he ever wanted to share than he would. When he was ready, Eugene stood up and looked around the room “Why did you get stuck with the small room?” he asked unable to stop himself, Zoot stood up and fidgeted nervously

“Well I, I mean my parents need…um…you see…I…uh…” he trailed of not knowing how to answer the question. Eugene frowned “I’m sorry, it’s none of my business…you don’t have to tell me.” Zoot sighed relieved, Eugene assumed “Probably all this size anyway.” He grinned, Zoot asked confused

“What?” Eugene continued with a laugh “That’s how it works right? Nice big house, but…small bed rooms.” Zoot began to laugh, and nodded “Yeah!” clapping his hands together Eugene laughed “Well, your room isn’t gonna set up itself.” And with that the two set off to set up the bed frame, the mattress, the biro, nightstand, and boxes of stuff.

At six o’clock, after much work they finally got his room set up. It looked nice to! The bed sat in the corner the chest in front of it at the foot of the bed, a night stand next to it, with a lava lamp on top. A desk in the next corner, a biro a few feet away from it with on old cassette player on top of it, his cloths were all put away, and it all looked very nice.

The two slowly walked down stairs, very tired and sore. Zoot complained “I am so tired!” Eugene smacked his lips “I’m starving!” “How about a pizza?” Zoot offered Eugene nodded eagerly “Yeah! I would love a great big ham pizza.” Zoot flinched noticeably “UGH! I have a huge problem with that!”

“What? You don’t like pizza?” Eugene asked, as they walked outside together, “No, it’s just I’m Jewish.” Eugene grew wide eyes as Zoot locked up the house, “Oh my god! I’m sorry!” Zoot shrugged, “No problem, so where do you want to go for dinner?” Eugene offered pointing across the street

“How about my place, I got some frozen four cheese pizza we can cook.” Zoot nodded in agreement “Alright, that sound nice and kosher.” With that in agreement the two walked across the street to get some Pizza.

A/N: hope you like, and I know Zoot is out of character but it fits in with what I have in mind! and if you don't like please do not flame me or leave a hurtfull comment! they are mean! and make me sad :C

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Wow! Yeah I can he is out of character, but he wasn't fully devolped until in the Muppet Show with the rest of the Mayhem. Great backstory on Dr. Teeth. Still I cansay that Jim came up with great names on the Muppets.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
A/N: Ok, so mayjor warning!!! Zoot is way out of character in this chappy, but it is for a reason! Please do not be mean and cruel! It hurts my feelings! Comment and Enjoy!!!!
Chapter #5

When they got to Eugene’s they threw the Pizza in the oven, and sat down in the kitchen with some cool water. “You got a nice place.” Zoot commented, taking a sip of water, Eugene shrugged “Yeah I suppose…I kinda hate it here though.” “Why?” Zoot asked, it was a nice house, he assumed everyone would love living in a place like this. Eugene looked down at his water

“It just…hold’s to many memories.” “Oh, I get that man.” Zoot nodded sympathetically. Studying the look of sorrow on his face, Zoot frowned thoughtfully, he didn’t really want to talk about it…but, he knew Eugene would understand and, well, he seemed like he would be easy to talk to.

“Can I tell you something?” Zoot asked, suddenly feeling anxious and eager at the same time, the fact that he was about to finally tell someone felt…good. Eugene looked up and nodded slowly “Yeah, you can tell me anything. I won’t say anything to no one, if you don’t want me to.” Zoot smiled “I appreciate that…this may be weird. I know we just met and I shouldn’t be laying this on you.

But, I want you to know. I want someone who understands to know.” Eugene entwined his fingers together and leaned forward “Come on man, were friends by now. Friends a minute, an hour or a day…don’t make a difference to me. You can talk to me about whatever you like!” Zoot sighed in relief as Eugene smiled sincerely at him “Good, this is hard for me to say but…I ~ “HOLD IT!”

~~~~~~~~

“HOLD IT!!!!” Zoot suddenly shouted, surprising everyone at the table. No they weren’t surprised they were astounded, bewildered, dazzled, dumbfounded, confounded, disconcerted, flabbergasted, agashted, blown away and every word that described shocked. This never happened! Ever! Zoot barely talked let alone shout! Even animal was shocked into silence.

Zoot slapped the table with both hands and got up from the table “That’s it! I’m done! We’re all done! Stop! Stop! Stop! No more! The story’s over! Done! Finished!” Dr. Teeth shook his head vigorously getting over the initial shook, and quickly stood up “Zoot, calm down. It’s ok, I mean they deserve to know.” Zoot threw his arms up, barely noticing animal diving under the table

“WHAT?! No they don’t! It is no one else’s business! No one’s business but our own! We do not hold any requirement to them! Just because they want to share doesn’t mean I will! I am not an open book Eugene! You should know that! My life is just that MINE! No one else’s! Why should I tell them anyway!?”

Zoot shouted gesturing to the pair still looking as though Zoot had breathed fire, Dr. Teeth tried to lay a hand on Zoot’s shoulder to calm him down but Zoot smacked it away “NO! The only reason I joined this band is because YOU wanted me to! They aren’t even my friends! you and lips are! That is it!” Dr. Teeth flinched “Zoot Stop it!” but Zoot was way too angry to stop now.

“Why in the **** would I be friends with some woman who broke my heart! And some-” “ZOOT!” Dr. Teeth shouted desperately “HOLE who not only took her from me! But HATES MY GUTS!! Don’t even deny it pepper!” he screamed as Floyd suddenly stood up,

“I have eyes and ears! I am not stupid!” Zoot roared, kicking his chair over he stormed out of the kitchen and toward the front door “You can all go to ****!!!” everyone flinched violently as the door was slammed.

“Holy cow!” Floyd gasped still in complete awe, he looked around the room noticing Sam, Dr. Honeydew, Beaker, Miss Piggy, Scooter, Rizzo and other Muppet inhabitants surrounding them. Everyone was holding different versions of the same emotion on their faces, shock. But, Dr. Teeth didn’t look surprised, more upset and devastated than anything.

Floyd glanced under the table when something tugged at his pant leg, it was animal. Floyd frowned “Man, He’s scarier than you animal.” Animal nodded crawling back out from under the table “Yeah, Zoot angry.” Janice looked glossy eyed and quickly ran out of the room, chocking up.

“Kermy dear what happened?” Miss piggy asked walking over to Kermit, who was, most likely, blaming himself. Kermit shook his head “I-We were talking about the past and…” he paused shaking his head “I suppose we pushed a tad too far.” Miss piggy let out a curious “Hmm, Well, either way Kermy we have reservations dear.” Kermit’s jaw dropped

“What? What reservations?!” Miss Piggy smiled nervously and slyly “For our date.” “Date?! Who said any-” but at the look Miss Piggy shot his Kermit quickly changed tactics not in the mood to be karate chopped again “Oh…um…oh That date!” he laughed nervously getting out of his chair, it’s not that he didn’t want to go out on a nice romantic date with Miss Piggy it was just, he felt so bad about what happened and wasn’t really in the mood “

Of course Miss Piggy!” he quickly turned toward Dr. Teeth, noticing Floyd running out apparently to find Janice. “Um, I am very sorry for all of this Dr. Teeth…will you please give Zoot my sincerest-” but Miss Piggy cut him off exasperated “Kermit dear let’s go! The drama queen will be fine!” as she said this she grabbed onto Kermit and pulled him out of the room her heels clicking behind her. Kermit continued to try and shout apologies to the band leader before he and Miss Piggy were gone.

Dr. Teeth watched Floyd as he quickly ran out of the room, evidently concerned for Janice. Animal was taken out of the room by Gonzo and Rowlf, who said something about planting a garden. Which left Dr. Teeth the source of everyone’s attention, and expectation, he put a hand on his chin and looked around at all the looks he was receiving

“Uh…um...well…we just, um, yeah…nothing to see here everyone. Just a tad bit of misunderstanding of one another. So…” he trailed of, it was odd he hasn’t felt this nervous in years. Leaning his hat forward a little he walked out of the room. Thinking to himself that he should go after Zoot, hoping that he was ok.