Dr. Teeth Illustration

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh. So you treat the hair on more of an individual strand basis rather than just a form. I might keep asking you questions. He, he. What resolution are you working at and just how big is that Teeth? Also, what seems to be the most challenging portion or character thus far?

I appreciate the listing of a random Muppet rabbit! Too cool. :cool:

Kiki

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words Folks, it is genuinely encouraging that people on this forum like it. I am quietly optimistic that the final piece could go down well with fellow fans. Currently near complete characters are:

Kermit
Scooter
Rizzo
Lew Zealand
Bunsen & Beaker
Animal
A random Muppet Rabbit
Swedish Chef (who has turned out to be my favourite so far!)
Gonzo
and Statler.
Can't wait! :excited:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'm assuming the illustration of Dr. Teeth is done using a computer?

That's too detailed to be a hand drawing.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I'm assuming the illustration of Dr. Teeth is done using a computer?

That's too detailed to be a hand drawing.
It was done on a computer, however the technique used is incredibly close to the conventional freehand methods. I used a wacom tablet (essentially a electronic pen & pad) and just draw as I would using a pen, pencil, brush etc.

I originally started out as a freehand illustrator and learned to draw using Photoshop as it was an exceptionally easy transition. It has the digital equivalent of a brush, pen and airbrush - all tools I learned to illustrate with.

bgeminton63

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words Folks, it is genuinely encouraging that people on this forum like it. I am quietly optimistic that the final piece could go down well with fellow fans. Currently near complete characters are:

Kermit
Scooter
Rizzo
Lew Zealand
Bunsen & Beaker
Animal
A random Muppet Rabbit
Swedish Chef (who has turned out to be my favourite so far!)
Gonzo
and Statler.

One thing I must stress is I could not have done this without the help of a certain Frogboy! Speaking of which...

Hey Jamie, the secret to that is a wacom tablet and a heck of a lot of patience! I tend to pick about 6 shades of a color and do LOADS of hair on seperate layers and just build it up from there.

wow! from what you've done so far, you're clearly immensley talented, I can't wait to see your beaker :eek: If I had one eighth the artistic talent you have I'd be overjoyed.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
P.S. PLEASE bare in mind that all these illustrations are in their infancy and will considerably better when they have been finished!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
My GOSH! Those are just as good, if not better, than Dr. Teeth! INCREDIBLE! The dimensions you're creating are incredible. I love Bunsen's glasses and the wrinkles on the clothes... the details are just astounding and awesome. I love it! You're so incredibly talented! GREAT stuff! The finished product is going to blow me away, I'm sure of it! :big_grin:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I bow to your Photoshop skills and knack for making the characters look so on model and awesome looking! Really, great job. I can't wait to see the project in its completion!