1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Dreams about Muppets...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by punkNpuppets, Nov 1, 2002.

1. MeepBorkMeep New Member

Oh that's so weird! Yesterday, I won a Gonzo from one of those! However on this little go-cart kiddie ride, when everyone was throwing other people's stuff out, then waiting for them to get it and driving away with them left behind so they'd have to do one of those "Indiana Jones" numbers and jump back in, Gonzo was thrown off a bridge. Phht. :concern:
  2. Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Yeah John, I saw that skit, interesting. What I forgot to mention was that I had that dream before I ever saw any of his interviews on DVD's. I therefore had no idea what his voice sounded. I wish I could remember now what it sounded like in my dream, but of course my mind now wants to replace it with the real voice. I know it was rather high though, even moreso than his real voice.
    The reason I brought this up, was because I wanted to point out how the mind can create things, to make up for what it doesn't know. When we are awake, I think we can sort of prevent this from happening by saying, "no, thisI can't assume this". When we are asleep though, we loose that sensor. Any oppinions on this?
    No dreams last night; will keep you posted.
  3. Convincing John Well-Known Member

Yup, Jim and Sprocket washing the dishes...one of the best Muppet moments ever IMHO.

And yeah, I get what you mean about just letting our minds wander and make stuff up when we're asleep. Stuff that just doesn't make sense or is completely impossible in the real world can exist in dreams. Like in my dream for instance, Cookie Monster was inside a real oak tree. There was only a hole big enough for him to poke his face through. I kept wondering how Frank Oz could've fit through a 12 inch wide hole to puppeteer! :crazy:

I know I had one dream years ago where I bought this HUGE Boober Fraggle doll for 50 cents. It was about seven feet tall and its body was about as big around as a trash can! :p What I remember most about the dream was tying Boober to the top of my car because he wouldn't fit inside. So I was driving around in my dream with this huge Boober sitting on the top of my car! LOL!

Convincing John
  4. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Had one last night: the Muppets were putting on a musical on Broadway. And rather than Manhattan Melodies, it was basically the storyline of Muppets Take Manhattan.
    It was all quite intriguingly bizarre. The audience kept folding their programs into paper airplanes and throwing them around. Not that the cast minded; in fact there were instructions on how to make the airplanes printed on the programs. Throughout the show, the air was thick with them.
    As for Muppeteer sightings: Dave Goelz was in the audience, one of the people throwing the airplanes around, and Richard Hunt was in the band pit, schmoozing with Janice and Scooter.
    At the end of the show (which was a hit), the Muppet cast rode away in a silvery-black stretch limo with some of the Sesame Street cast...and for some reason, all the buildings along Broadway looked like they were made out of huge, colorful plastic pipes.
  5. Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Well of course there were instructions on how to make the plains written right on the paper; they're muppets!
    *wink* It's cool that you saw Dave Goelz in the audience; kinda puts him on the same levil as you, ya know?
  6. JJandJanice Active Member

The only Muppet dream I can remember is kind of a scary one.

When I was really young, like five or so, I was almost always wacthing my green VHS copy of Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, which is what led to this dream. It was the part in which Erine and Bert were trading presents, just like in the show, Bert asked Erine to get rubber duckie, however unlike the show, Erine gets a crazy look on his face and seems very mad. For whatever reason (maybe the Count, just got done counting.) lighting strikes and Erine goes into a rage and attacks Bert.

This was way before that Bert is Evil website by the way.
  7. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I had a weird one the other night. I dreamed that I was looking up that other Sesame Street Christmas special from the 70s on the Wikipedia. I know, a dream about reasearch . . . Great. Anyway, when I looked it up, it was very different from what I expected. All of the Muppet characters looked like these crazy knock-offs that barely resembled the real deal. To give you a good sense of it, Big Bird had a big nose that was separate from his mouth. Kind of like Wembley Fraggle, but then he had a second set of eyes below the nose and above the mouth. Anyway, the characters were all looking for a new home, and they finally found this Muppet boy and girls to live with. Their names were Joyce and Andy (my wife's name and my name). I thought the special looked neat, but I was just appalled by how badly made the characters were!
  8. Barbarella New Member

I used to dream about being on Sesame Street all the time. Just hanging out there.

I used to always have a recurring nightmare about being under the bench of my great grandmother's organ, trying to get away from Kermit who was terrorizing me.

And I did dream a lot about getting some of the Muppets for myself- especially Janice and Miss Piggy. that was around the time they came out with the Miss Piggy puppet in the late 70's and I wanted it really bad.
  9. Morgan Clueless New Member

I remember a dream way back in October (when I was getting supplies for my Blind Pew costume) that I was in a store that looked like a Barnes & Nobles blown up to Wal-Mart size, and I was looking for an eyepatch. In the meantime, I found a Clueless Morgan plushie that looked more like the anime plushies I find a lot in places that sell them, and I think I was looking for a One-Eyed Jack plushie as well. I don't remember much of what happened in-between, but I remember finding the costume accessories section of the store, only to find that the eyepatches were just lockets!

Very weird, I know. But it's more "weird in a normal way" compared to some of your dreams. :sympathy:

~ Morgan "Normally Weird" Goat

(PS: As for whoever wants me to elaborate my "homicidal maniacs" dreams involving certain characters, I suggest you PM me, for they do get rather bloody.)
  10. superboober Member

During the last couple of seasons Fraggle Rock ran on HBO, I would have a recurring dream wherein the characters would host the networks inter-show segments. You may recall that from about autumn of 1986 through till past the time the network stopped showing reruns of the show, they used an outer space theme for the bumpers. As it was in this dream, the Next on HBO slide would begin as normal, but then just as the announcer would be at the point of saying who was starring in the next picture, it would pull back to show Doc, Sprocket and our heroes standing on the deck of what was apparently a spaceship (I always assumed it was inside the big silver HBO monolith from the long-running Feature Presentation bumper), watching the whole thing run. Apparently they generated it with the spaceship's controls, for Doc would press a few buttons to cause the bumper to switch to an end. He would then go on with the first of various speeches about HBO fine quality programming (which of course it was back then and then some), with an appropriate Fraggle responding with the description of each show. They would then discuss each subsequent movie/special/series promos (to generate these, Sprocket would strike with a hammer a large blue O, as in the standard HBO logo O, that was near the viewscreen in front of them with a large sledgehammer), pointing out the merits of each one to each other before and after they ran, and usually with at least one negative quote from Boober on how he doubted people would watch something like that--occasionally if it were a borderline film Wembley would agree with him (there was no relation to any actual promo order on HBO that I can recall; indeed even a few fake films, like one about giant spiders walking down downtown Miami). Once the inter-movie block was over, they'd comment on how it was time to get back to the next feature (somehow it was usually Gobo delivering these remarks), followed by Doc flipping a few more control switches to activate the Tonight on HBO menu of the time, including the throwing of a large lever to lower a blue screen over the viewscreen (since the Tonight bumper had a blue outer space compared to the Next bumper's normal black one). We'd hold on everyone in silhouette up to about where the description of the third program of the evening finished, then would fade back to the bumper's normal distance as it finished and segued into the HBO in Space bumper (usually in this dream it was the short version but occasionally the longer one featuring the trip through the minature city would pop up).

Not as often as this came one involving Kermit broadcasting a monster truck race, featuring Oscar and Telly in the former's piece of junk entry "The Trash Compactor" (which was powered by the two of them dumping trash into a furnace similar to that of a steam locomotive) and, for whatever reason, the alligator, snake and kangaroo from that "zoo escape" SS animated sequence that got a lot of air back in the day (in this dream their names were Smiley, Ace, and Pockets, which sort of fits them, I think). The results and duration of this race varied from dream to dream, but included finishes like Oscar driving into the stands in an attempt to trash the arena much as he trashed the cars he jumped over during the event, and one (or both) of the monster trucks landing on top of Kermit, prompting him to throw it back to the main station in a great deal of agony.
  11. crazed gonzo fa Active Member

I once had a dream that I was watching a movie about Rizzo's child hood, and on it, it revealed that Rizzo's mom was abusive.
  12. I had one the other night. I was watching an animated version of "the muppet show," but instead of being run by kermit, Jim was directing it. He was auditioning the characters for the next show, and I just remember there being alot of running around and chaos. just like the real "muppet show." I just thought it was really cool.:)
  13. crazed gonzo fa Active Member

I had another dream about seeing Power of the Dark Crystal last night, though it was really confusing. This is the third time I've dreamed about this.
  14. Medbe Monster New Member

I had a dream that I worked for Muppet Workshop making puppets, and another one where I had made replica puppets of Bert: 1969-1970's 1975 and 90's Bert and for some odd reason they where always with me.
  15. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

I've been a little hesitant to mention this one, 'cause it's kinda depressing and the Muppets themselves aren't seen in it. But it is Muppet-related, so here goes.

As I recall, the dream involved a gray day and an ice-covered pond, and a bunch of voices (but no people) singing "Just One Person."
    And right before that, I could have sworn that I saw Richard Hunt sitting slumped over with his face hidden in his hands...and it looked like he was crying or something.

Honestly don't quite know what to make of it. :confused:
  16. Blue Weirdo Member

I've had a few and they pretty much all involve monsters and usually eating.

I had this one weird dream where the Muppet was totally random and unexpected. I saw this girl I went to school with, and sort of had a small crush on, was standing by a railing looking out at a sunset. She was wearing a tank top and very short, skin tight shorts and basically looking absolutely sexy and I said to myself, "that's it I'm boning up my courage and asking her out" So I start to walk towards her and suddenly this other guy comes up, kisses her, scoops her into his arms and starts to walk away.

Well for some reason I decide to follow them and as they round the corner a huge Sweetums like monster comes walking up. Then get this, the guy tosses her to him shouting, "Here. Eat her!" and runs off. The monster looks confused for a second then shrugs, "Okay" and gobbles her up!

In another dream Grover was being chased around by Doglion then suddenly everything got blurry and it dissolved to Grover sitting up in bed-the whole thing having been his nightmare. Then he turns to "the screen" and starts talking about how everyone has bad dreams sometimes but they can't really hurt you.

The Sesame gang got off easy that time but another dream had them welcoming a group of new monsters to Sesame Street only to have it turn out that these new guys were not nice like the normal Sesame monsters. They started smashing stuff, making a mess and being real jerks. Everyone tried to talk them into being nice but they wouldn't listen and in the end one of them ate Prairie Dawn. She popped back up in his mouth pleading him not to do this but he just swallowed her down.

And poor Janice. :flirt: I love her but my subconscious apparently wants her eaten.

First I dreamed that she was sitting in a restaurant then suddenly a monster that looked kind of like Luncheon Counter Monster popped up and swallowed her for no reason. Now here's a weird thing in that dream it was like a actual Muppet puppet eats puppet sketch. But then I had one where a random big monster ate her but it was like she was real. As it gobbled her she struggled and fought. Janice was wearing cut-off jean shorts and they were tight, I mean I could see the shape of her buttocks. She continued to kick her legs in struggle as the monster ate her and then it pulled off her shoes showing-you guessed it real feet. She was her small orange skinned self but Janice was real. After it finished swallowing her Janice cried out from inside it, "I'm too young to die." The monster patted it's belly and said, "Don't worry you won't die you'll just get to live in there form now on." Weird.

Next time Janice and Floyd were flying in a hot air balloon, singing and having a good time when all of the sudden a giant, not a Muppet a "real" giant snatched them out of the balloon and swallowed Janice like a jelly bean. He apparently was planning to eat Floyd too but I woke up first.

The last and most recent one was actually funny though. Janice was showing off her new outfit backstage and everyone was complementing her on it. "You look great." "You look beautiful." and so on. Then as she's heading to the stage she runs into Big Mama who says, "You look delicious." and devours her. Now here's the funny part. The rest of the band find out Janice has been eaten and jump Kermit's case about it wanting him to do something. Finally they gang up on the monster and hit it in the stomach until it spits Janice out. They ask her if she's all right and she holds up her leg showing she's barefoot and complains, "I lost my shoes in there!"
  17. crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Gee, you guy's dreams seem to make more sense than mine!
  18. heralde Well-Known Member

Ok, heh, interesting dream last night. Kermit was depressed and bored so he was walking around the Muppet Show theater and discovered one of Scooter's computer games. The object of the game: the more ways you get what you want because your Uncle owns the theater, the more money and points you score. Honestly! And Kermit actually started enjoying it, lol.
  19. DTWolf Member

I had this dream several months ago; I considered posting it on MC but never got around to it. Then today I noticed the name of this thread and felt the time had come, so here it is:

I was in a store--probably Best Buy--browsing through their DVDs when suddenly I came upon one in this really classy cover: Muppet Show curtain background, gold-color circular cameo crest in the center (like the "O" in the show's opening), and within the circle a black-and-white antique-style photograph of Mahna Mahna and a group of Muppets. The title? "The Best of Mahna Mahna." I was quite excited at the find and wondered why I hadn't read about this on Muppet Central. I kept looking for a price but couldn't find one; then, wondering if there had really been enough Mahna Mahna skits to add up to a "best of" collection, I turned to the back of the package to find the running time.

It was a little more than five minutes long. But I was still determined to buy it if the price weren't too high.
  20. Blue Weirdo Member

I had a new one the other night. I can't remember all the details but here's what happened.

Gonzo Piggy and Fozzie were onstage with the female guest (No idea who it was) and she told some joke that really wasn't funny at all. When no one laughed she glared at them in a "You better laugh or else" way.

Piggy started laughing and rolling around in a very forced and fake sounding way. Fozzie chuckled good naturedly then slunk down and moved off stage when she wasn't looking.

Finally it's Gonzo's turn. He stutters for a moment then yells, "TAXI!" and a cab zips up in front of them. Gonzo jumps in and yells, "Get me out of here!" and the cab peels away really fast.

Yeah weird...