Drusilla

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully a chapter will be posted, well, dunno when. Oh, before I forget... Happy birthday AC. *Leaves aslice of cake. :insatiable:

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Thank Count! *Takes cake and eats it* Yummy!

Chapter seven.

“Robin, time to go to bed,” Kermit told him.
“Aw, do I have too?” he asked. “Couldn’t we explore the train some more?”
Kermit sighed, after he and Robin had settled into their compartment Robin had immediately wanted to explore the train and they did. They explored the observation car, the snack car, the dinning car, the movie theater car even the baggage car.
“No Robin, we’ve explored the train enough. We have big day tomorrow and we both need to get some sleep.”
“Uncle Kermit? Will you read me some more Harry Potter before we go to sleep?”
“Sure thing.”

Drusilla was finally asleep Piggy was sure of it. She slowly tiptoed out of Drusilla’s room and into her own. Gideon stayed. He watched as Drusilla slept. He had done this so many times before wondering what she was dreaming about. Drusilla moved in her sleep and her Winnie the Pooh bear fell off the bed. He instantly bent down to pick the toy up as he had done so many times before he was surprised at how heavy it was, he could barely lift it off the floor. It was s tiny stuffed bear only a little smaller then Drusilla was. Using all of his strength he was able to put it back on her bed. He felt drained. He had used too much energy; he spent the rest of the night in Drusilla’s room watching over her.

The next day, Piggy dressed and whet into Drusilla’s room. The little piglet was already awake and dressed, wearing a navy blue sailor dress with matching socks and shoes.
“Oh you dressed yourself…. how nice,” Piggy said feeling slightly disappointed for reason. “Think you can eat today?”
Drusilla shrugged.

“What would you like to eat?’ Piggy asked her when they were in the kitchen. She hoped Drusilla would want something easy like cereal and milk. The doorbell rang; it was some neighbors dropping off breakfast foods. Piggy thanked them, took the food, and went back into the kitchen.
“Well Drusilla, now we have fresh muffins, bagels, Danish pastry, crumpets, cornbread, and croissants. What would you like?”
“I don’t know,” Drusilla said sounding glum.
Piggy sighed it was going to be another long day.

Kermit yawned having barely gotten any sleep on the train, Robin however just a bundle of energy. Riding on the ferry was even more fun then the train. Looking over the railing at the ocean he could see something swimming in the water.
“What are you looking at?” Kermit asked.
“Some kind of big fish, I think.”
Kermit leaned over the rail and looked. “Looks kind of like a mermaid,” he said.
“You think so?” Robin said looking up at his uncle.
“Maybe,” Kermit said smiling.

Piggy and Drusilla walked to the docks when they got there, Drusilla plopped right down on her stomach, her head peering over the edge of dock looking down at the ocean.
“Drusilla, no!” Piggy said picking her up. Drusilla squirmed in her arms. The ferry was coming into view. “ Drusilla stop fussing. Vous don’t want Kermit and Robin to think vous etes a baby.”
Drusilla looked up at Piggy made unhappy face and crossed her arms.

Nervousness started to creep through Robin as the ferry got closer to Lighthouse Island He could help thinking what if Drusilla took one look at and fall in love with him? Then he thought about Kimmy she’d be even madder at him if he came back home with Drusilla in love with him, not that he really cared that Kimmy was mad at him, but she’d think he lied about getting a girlfriend.

Kermit was nervous too, it had been two months since he’d seen Piggy. Her friend Gideon must have been something for her to stay away for so long. Not that he was jealous.
“Look Uncle Kermit, there’s Miss Piggy. It looks like she holding something.”
Kermit looked to where Robin was pointing there was Piggy standing on the docks holding something that looked like a piglet ether that or Piggy was holding a doll. Once the ferry docked Kermit and Robin gathered their bags and exited.
“Kermie!” Piggy called. Putting Drusilla down, but still holding on to her.
“Look Uncle Kermit, she’s my size,” Robin with and awe in his voice when he saw Drusilla.
Kermit was also surprised at Drusilla’s small size. He had never seen a pig that small before, unless he counted Piglet from the ‘Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.’
“I’m so glad you’re here,” Piggy said when Kermit and Robin had walked over to them. “I’d like you both to meet Drusilla.”

Drusilla didn’t look anything like Piggy. Kermit wasn’t sure why, but in his mind he had pictured Drusilla looking like the Muppet baby version of Miss Piggy. Drusilla was pale pink in color a contrast to Piggy’s lovely tan. She didn’t have hair on her head at all, her ears and eyes were set farther apart them Piggy’s were in fact her ears were different then Piggy’s. Drusilla’s ears were long and pointy slightly cat-ear looking in a way, whereas Piggy’s ears where smaller and more round. Drusilla’s eyes where violet, Piggy’s eyes were blue. Drusilla’s snout was more triangle shape to it then Piggy’s did. Even their eyelashes were different of course Piggy had mascara on, but the biggest difference between the two were their hands. Drusilla had hooves rather then hands. They weren’t like Lydia’s hooves, which were small and black. They were pale pink and were basically the same size as hands would be. No Drusilla didn’t look anything like Piggy.

“Drusilla, this is my friend Kermit.”
“Hi Drusilla,” Kermit said scrunching down to her eye level.
“Say hello Drusilla,” Piggy said gently.
“Hello Sir,” she said not really looking at him. The tone of her voice sounding like it was a punishment to have to talk to him.
Kermit suddenly felt like he was in an episode of the 60’s sitcom ‘Family Affair.’
“Drusilla, I’d like you meet my nephew Robin,” Kermit said pointing to Robin who by now was hiding behind Kermit.

Robin couldn’t understand it, but the moment he saw Drusilla was suddenly felt very shy, more shyer then he ever felt in his whole life. It was weird he had felt shy when he had first met Kimmy, but this was different. He hadn’t expected Drusilla to be his height or to look so very sad and to not look ugly.
“Robin! Come go on and say hello,” Kermit told him.
Robin poked his head from behind Kermit, “Hi,” he said very quickly before returning back to hide behind his uncle.

*Not in Story*
Sorry this chapter was so short and boring, but I wanted post something since it's forever since I post last. Hopefully the next chapter will be better.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It wasn't boring at all! You gave us a really good description of what Drusilla looks like, I think that's important! Good stuff!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... That was most helpful indeed. Liked the scene where Gideon picked up his daughter's Winnie the Pooh bear. Also enjoyed the ferry to Lighthouse Island and the meeting between frogs and pigs. Thanks, hope more gets posted when you can.

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Glad you both liked it. I wanted Drusilla's appearance to be kind of a mystery until Kermit and Robin met her.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
CERTAINLY not boring! I enjoyed it very much. Gideon picking up the Winnie the Pooh bear made me shiver. (I do so love a Piglet-sized piglet liking Winnie the Pooh!)

I like Piggy's disappointment about Drusilla getting dressed without her, too... Bet she wasn't expecting to bond much!

Love Kermit and Robin's different reasons for being worried. Of COURSE you're not jealous, Kermit. Uh-huh. SURE... I believe ya... :wink:

I love your description of Drusilla, and how you show such a contrast between her and Piggy. Very well done.

I love how Kermit got down to Drusilla's level to say hi, and Drusilla acting like it was a chore to talk to him--very child-like. And speaking of child-like, I LOVE Robin's sudden shyness here! Especially him hiding behind Kermit. That is SUCH a little-kid thing to do. Love it!

MORE PLEASE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
I'm glad you liked this chapter too! I was kind of afraid that making Robin OOC with having getting shy and hiding behind Kermit. And yes for Drusilla anything that dosn't involve artwork or reading is a chore.

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Chapter Eight

Drusilla in response gave Robin a less-then halfhearted wave.

Piggy gave Kermit a curious look. While Piggy could never say that she and Robin were close, she did know Robin well enough to know that was not his usual behavior. Kermit gave Piggy an apologetic look. Believing he knew the reason for Robin’s behavior what could he say? That thanks to Pepe and Rizzo, Robin was now convinced that Drusilla was going to fall in love with him. Piggy would just have a field day with that. Kermit looked back at Drusilla. He couldn’t tell if she was upset by Robin’s brief greeting or not. She looked so sad when he had first seen her and that look hadn’t changed.
“Why don’t we get vous settled at the bed and breakfast where vous will be staying," Piggy said.
“Yes, and then maybe we can all go for a nice walk on the beach," Kermit said.

As the four of them walked to the B&B Piggy and Kermit made small talk, with Piggy asking what had been happing while she had been away and Kermit answering. Robin found himself sneaking glances at Drusilla. Drusilla stared straight ahead as she walked not paying any attention to Piggy, Kermit, or Robin.

The Oyster’s Bed and Breakfast was where Kermit and Robin would by staying. When Kermit heard the name his response was “Cute, cute name.”
It was a charming place, run by actual talking oyster.
“Hi ho, I’m Kermit The Frog," he said once he had walked up to the desk.
“Ah, yes Mr. The Frog, we have double room for you," a female oyster. She opened her mouth to reveal a key.
“Is that the room key?" Kermit asked.
“Well it’s not a pear," the oyster said.
‘Gonzo would love it here,' Kermit thought taking the key.
“Piggy, why don’t you and Drusilla say down here? Robin and I shouldn’t take too long.”
“Alright," Piggy said.

Once in their room Kermit sat Robin on one of the beds.
His arms crossed. “Okay Robin, want to tell me what happened?"
“Sir?" Robin asked
Kermit frowned slightly, again with the Sir. Maybe it was him? Maybe he was coming off as being intimidating?
“Robin," he began again trying to sound as gentle as possible. “I know you’re worried about Drusilla falling in love you, but don’t you think hiding behind me was a little extreme? Robin, not all pigs fall in love with frogs.”
“Well that pig will!" Robin found himself saying.
Kermit was beginning to lose his patients with Robin.
“Robin, enough is enough! I don’t want to hear anymore about Drusilla falling in love with you. Now listen to me, you are going to go down stairs and make friends with little girl-pig or, or else!"
“Yes, Sir," Robin said begrudgingly.
“Give me strength," Kermit said looking up at the ceiling.

The four of them walk in awkward silence. Kermit had so many questions for Piggy.
“Robin," Kermit said. “Why don’t you and Drusilla walk on ahead of us little?"
“W-what?" Robin asked. Walking up ahead with Drusilla meant the two of them would be alone and he couldn’t be alone with her.
“You can tell Drusilla about everyone at the theater and the boarding house," Kermit told him.
“What a good idea," Piggy said. “Just don’t too go far ahead or too close the water.”
“Well alright," Robin said somewhat reluctantly. “Come on, let’s go," he said to Drusilla.

Once the children were out of ear shot Kermit turned to Piggy,
“How are holding up?" he asked with concern in his voice.
“I’m-I’m fine," she said chocking back a sob. “I-I knew that he wasn’t going to get better, it was just…it was just so hard seeing him so sick and weak in the end," Piggy sniffed before continuing. “It Drusilla I’m worried about. She hasn’t cried yet.”
“All children deal with grief different ways Piggy," he paused before asking, “She dose know he’s dead, right?"
“Of course she knows!" Piggy yelled at him. “What kind of father do think Gideon was?"
“I only meant…”
“That wasn’t something Gideon was going to tiptoe around.”
“What I meant was does she understand that he’s dead?"
“Yes, she knows, last night when I was giving her, her bath she told me that her daddy was dead like a fish. She knows he’s dead and she knows he’s not coming back, she just hasn’t cried.”
“Piggy, what about Drusilla’s mother?"
“She doesn’t have one," Piggy said without missing a beat.
“Did she die?"
“I told you she doesn’t have one.”
“But Piggy…”
“Gideon never married therefore she has no mother.”
“Piggy that doesn’t make any sense. “
“She’s adopted.”
“Oh.”

Meanwhile,
“I guess I should tall you about everyone like my uncle said. First there’s Sweetums he’s my best friend. He’s an ogre, but not like Shrek though. Sweetums is really big and hairy and kinda scary looking, but he’s really nice. And then there’s Thog, he’s a blue monster, he’s even bigger then Sweetums, but he’s really nice too.”
He told her about the other Muppets. Drusilla never said a word as he talked. “You know," Robin said. “For a girl you’re awfully quite.” He turned his head and saw that Drusilla was preoccupied trying to pick up seashells and trying to use the skirt of her dress to carry them.
“ Hey! Are you even listening to me?" he yelled. Drusilla jumped and drop her seashells.
“Gosh! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to make you drop your sea shells," Robin told her. “Here let me help you pick them up before the tide…comes…in," he said as the tide did come in washing the shells out to sea.
Drusilla looked on glumly.
“I’m really sorry, maybe tomorrow we could come back with pales and shovels and get a whole lot of seashells.”
“Can’t tomorrow," Drusilla said.
“Why not?"
“Can’t tomorrow, Drusilla repeated in almost a whisper.
Then Robin remembered tomorrow was the funeral.
“Oh yeah I guess we can’t tomorrow," Robin said digging his flipper in the sand.
Drusilla was walking away from him now and too where Miss Piggy and his uncle were. Robin followed her. First he yelled at her then he forgot that tomorrow was her father’s funeral. He wasn’t being a good friend and he felt awful about it. If only he could think of something to make her feel better.
“I want to go home now…please," Drusilla said to Piggy.
“Alright dear," Piggy said. “You and Robin can go play in your room.”

They all walked in an awkward silence again, Kermit couldn’t take it,
“So Drusilla, why don’t tell you Robin and myself a little about yourself.”
“I like to draw and paint," Drusilla said.
“That’s nice, what do you like to draw?" he asked.
“Things.”
“What kind of things.”
“Things…I see…and…keep… in my head," Drusilla said slowly.”