D'Snowth Sesame Reviews: Issue 37, Volume 2006

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No review again today. After school class again.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thanks for the reveiws Snowth! For those who don't have TV's or are not in america, it's a fabulous source of information!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4113 (I think...)

First Things First: I see there's the return of "Today on Sesame Street..." bit.

Street Scene: The giant orange dinosaur, previously un-named arrives at Sesame Street, now named Herbivore "Herb" the Plant Eater. His first stop is at Hooper's Store, where he learns what a salad is when he sees Alan make one for Gordon. Herb then eats the salad, and runs off to learn some more. He then finds Rosita and Zoe on the stoop with a baby doll. I sadly didn't get to see this part too much, but I remember him saying something about sticks, and then later saying he learned about taking turns. He then pops over at Big Bird's nest where he, Elmo, and the Birdkateers sing the alphabet song, where Herb wants to join in. Later, Herb finds Slimey and Oscar, with Oscar saying he can't play with Slimey at the moment, so Herb decides to let Slimey ride on his back for fun. Everyone tells Gordon about seeing the dinosaur, but he doesn't believe them - almost kinda like Snuffy when he was invisible - until Gordon sees Herb stomping down the street with Slimey on his back.
Ilikemuppets, I thought you said Miles and Gabi were graduating today?

Other New Bits: I kinda liked "The Breakfast Club" bit with Miles, Elmo, and some anything muppets.

Long Time, No Sees: Although I never saw this before, I enjoyed the "Caveperson Days" with Frank and Jim's Bert and Ernie where Ernie was the drum-playing caveperson son forgetting to do his trash taking chores, making caveperson dad Bert mad.

Overall Rating: Well, I didn't really get to see all of today's episode, as things were going on as I was trying to watch, but what I DID see was pretty good. Not alot of new bits today, but happily there was a classic bit today, so that makes up for it. So, I guess I'll give this episode 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 stars, ah-ah-ah!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Herb was telling Zoe and Rosita how back in his day, him and his friends got into similar arguments over wanting to play with sticks. The problem got resolved, and then a song followed finishing that part of the street scene.
Can expound on it in my thoughts in the other SS Season 37 comments thread.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How come they're showing a re-run today? Are they going to air season 37 like they did season 36?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Believe me... Made me as upset as you buddy. From what I hoid... There'll be some new episodes in November, at least that's what they're planning for the purported Gina Adopts a Baby episode.
Rully hope we still get some Season 37 episodes this week, even if it's on this demented 3-2 or 2-3 repeat lineup.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aw man...NO ONE'S airing anything on a regular basis anymore! We've been on a 6 month hiatus waiting for ABC Family to finish airing the rest of this season on Whose Line!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Tell me about it. And now ABC Family's making some big to do about their jettix lineup's last Saturday this weekend?
All I hope for is they don't do away with the morning lineup, that's the only place where we can get all the seasons of Power Rangers on Power Ranger Generations. ToonDisney just jumps from ZO to Ninja Storm.

Think the only thing that can cure this is... New episode of SS Season 37 tomorrow, and new episode of T*K*O today.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
The Count said:
Tell me about it. And now ABC Family's making some big to do about their jettix lineup's last Saturday this weekend?
All I hope for is they don't do away with the morning lineup, that's the only place where we can get all the seasons of Power Rangers on Power Ranger Generations. ToonDisney just jumps from ZO to Ninja Storm.
Sorry, but unfortunately Jetix is leaving ABC Family. They never liked having the block in the first place, and so they're getting rid of it to make the channel how they want it. You can only see Jetix on Toon Disney now.

And to keep this on topic, the only new Sesame Street episodes this week will be on Tuesday and Thursday.