D'Snowth Sesame Reviews: Issue 37, Volume 2006

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Big Bird Fan said:
And to keep this on topic, the only new Sesame Street episodes this week will be on Tuesday and Thursday.
Crap it! I've got after-school clases those days!!!:grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy:

No review THIS week looks like!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Great... There go my hopes of completing all the missing seasons of Power Rangers. And that's what I thought would happen when 4089 of SS aired this morning. At least now I know to get up early tomorrow and Thursday.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
PBS must have decided to act like anangel of mercy, because the new Sesame Street today had an extra airing early this morning, so I was able to watch it, and now it's time for: D'Snowth's Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4114

First Things First: Still doing that "Today on Sesame Street..." bit. I find it somewhat annoying.

Street Scene: Elmo meets up with Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, who are on their way to Sesame Street, which they finally make it thanks to Elmo letting them know that's where they were. All goes well with their theme song "We Are the Seven Dwarves", until one Dwarf gets a call-back on a part as a bread crumb in Hansel and Gretel. Trying to ignore the fact, Snow White continues, but Elmo has to point out that they are now only six dwarves. The song is changed to "We Are the Six Dwarves", until one is offended by the other's cheesy stench since he has cheese in his shoes. They both leave, and once again, Snow White tries to ignore that and move on, but Elmo has to point out there are now only 4 dwarves. So, the song is now "We Are the Four Dwarves". Three more leave: one because of dizzy spells, one because he back is itching and left his back-scratcher at home, and the other because he has gas. That leaves only one dwarf singing "I Am the One Dwarf", until he keeps falling down and tripping over himself. Now dwarfless, the aggrivated Snow White wants to quit, until Elmo comes up with a plan: he has Alan, and six other kids from Hooper's Store fill in as pretend dwarves, so it's back to singing "We Are the Seven Dwarves".

Celebrity Guest Star: So, ugh...who played Snow White?

Letter of the Day: Prairie Dawn demonstrated words that begin with "O", including "oatmeal", making Cookie Monster crave oatmeal cookies, and ends up eating the letter O.

Elmo's World: Finally, another new one as we look in on Elmo's World of Penguins.

Long Time, No See's: They had Animals in the Elevator song (the going down one), and the catchy golden oldie "Somebody Say Toothpaste" song. Remember when Maria (doing voice-over) goes looking for triangles hidden in the city? Well she was looking for circles today. Also, they had "The Aligator King" playing during the Number of the Day part.

Overall Rating: Very amusing episode today. I was hoping for some more new skits and bits today, but was a bit disappointed, but there was quite a little few of old, if not completely "classic" bits on today, so I give today's new episode: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 stars, ah-ah-ah!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh Snowth... Few things...
Plural of "dwarf" is "dwarves", though in some circles "dwarfs" is somewhat acceptable.
Thanks for reminding me the Animal Department Store and María searching for circles were included in this episode.
If you're looking for new bits, there was a song from either Season 35 or 36, with Steve's Ernie and Frank's Bert singing "It's A Circle".
The version of the Animal Department Store song/animation they showed was the one where all the animals got subtracted, after they got off on their individual floors, from 10 to 0. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that one was where the elevator went up to the top floor where the two kittens get off. The song/animation where the elevator goes down is the one where the animals get back on adding from 0 to 10, finally reaching the ground floor where they all leave the building.

Regarding the street story... When Alan and the kids fill in for the dwarves, Snow White says refering to Alan: "Isn't he a bit tall to be a dwarf?"
Reminded me of the Whose Line News Flash segment where Ryan's the eight dwarf... Gangly.
Snow White ain't that white any more if you catch my drift...
Funny bit.

Look forward to next review of yours.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Regarding the street story... When Alan and the kids fill in for the dwarves, Snow White says refering to Alan: "Isn't he a bit tall to be a dwarf?"
Reminded me of the Whose Line News Flash segment where Ryan's the eight dwarf... Gangly.
There was also a Questions Only bit where Wayne was supposedly one of the dwafves (because he talks about him and "the other six" kicking butt), then in walks Ryan asking "you the one who put the ad in the paper for a new dwarf?"

Funny stuff.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't think I've seen that one. But it leads to one of the things I've always wanted to see on Whose Line...
You know the game Superheroes? Every time they start with Colinn as the first player, I'm always screaming for him to be named Captain Questions Only!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sometimes they start that game with Greg Proops.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Don't think I've seen that one. But it leads to one of the things I've always wanted to see on Whose Line...
You know the game Superheroes? Every time they start with Colinn as the first player, I'm always screaming for him to be named Captain Questions Only!
Count, I just now remembered coincidentally, the Whose Line episode I mentioned with the Snow White Questions Only will be on ABC Family tonight at 10:00 EST, so you might have the chance to check it our.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Snowth. Gives me something to change the channel to from my usual Tuesday 10PM show.