D'Snowth Sesame Reviews: Issue 37, Volume 2006

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had extra school classes today, so I didn't really get to see all today's episode, so it's time for D'Snowth's -Partial- Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4115

First Things First: That "Today on Sesame Street..." bit is REALLY annoying!

Street Scene: Maria and Luis go on a special picnic to celebrate their wedding anniversary, however, they are interrupted by Big Bird, Elmo, and Zoe singing the Letter H song (which is to the tune of that Italian song I can't think of the name of right now). After they sing it, then laugh it, Maria and Luis go to another part of the park to enjoy their picnic, but are interrupted when The H Man announces it's time to play the H game, which Big Bird, Elmo and Zoe get in on. The game goes like the "One of these things doesn't belong here" with things that start with the letter H. After Elmo guesses that a ball doesn't belong with a hippo, a helicopter and a hectagon, Maria and Luis go elsewhere in the park to enjoy their picnic, HOWEVER, Big Bird and Snuffy interrupt with the H dance (aka the Hoola). However, Maria and Luis decide to join in because they did the Hoola on their Honeymoon in Honolulu in Hawaii.

Celebrity Guest Star: Matt Lauer interviews Cookie Monster, think he's given up cookies after he decided to eat a bowl of fruit instead of a cookie for a snack. Cookie explains that just because he wanted to eat a bowl of fruit doesn't mean he doesn't like cookies anymore. To prove it, Matt offers him a cookie, which he turns down, until he finishes the bowl of fruit, then eats the cookie as a dessert.

Long Time, No See's: "Plant a garden/what will grow in your garden?..."

Overall Rating: Sadly, since I'm been busy all day long, I've forgotten what else I've seen today, other than a Traction Jackson bit, Ernie's version of "Somebody Come and Play", and something about making animal patterns, but I do remember I really liked what I saw, so I'll give what I have seen today 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 stars, ah-ah-ah!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... A good episode.
Uh, it's a "hexagon".
And the bit about Luis and María dancing the hula in Honolulu for their honeymoon... Continuity violation, they spent their honeymoon in the Adirondack Mountains of New York, starting from Episode 2487.
If you need to know what else was in this episode, check out my thoughts on this episode in the "Your Thoughts on Season 37" thread.
And I like your reviews cause there are things here that I kind of forget when writing my own reviews.

Take for example today's... Forgot there was the bit with "How Do You Water? Letter Garden bit and the Traction Jackson segment.
Keep 'em coming Snowths.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh OK... Guess it's true, you learn something new every day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ditto from me on the Season 37 thoughts.

Hey Snowths, if you could, I'd appreciate it if you could jot down the names of characters from this episode, didn't get to hear all of them clearly.
In particular:
Old Macdonald's Goat.
The two kids who show up for Mr. Alan's class.
The name of the group of monsters singing the silly song about the letter L.
Thanks.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, this is really a helpful thread, D'Snowth. I don't watch SS anymore, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in what's heppening on the street. Thanks!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Ditto from me on the Season 37 thoughts.

Hey Snowths, if you could, I'd appreciate it if you could jot down the names of characters from this episode, didn't get to hear all of them clearly.
In particular:
Old Macdonald's Goat.
The two kids who show up for Mr. Alan's class.
The name of the group of monsters singing the silly song about the letter L.
Thanks.
I'll do my best to keep my ears open and alert!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4116 "Alan's Pretend School"

First Things First: STOP THAT "You'll never know who you'll meet on Sesame Street" opener already!

Street Scene: Elmo is playing school and needs a pretend teacher; since Alan is already outside working at Hooper's Elmo begs him to be his pretend teacher. MR. Alan finally agrees, and decides the first thing Elmo can do for the day is to draw a picture. Elmo makes sure Mr. Alan does all the teacher things (saying good morning, taking attendance). Alan has trouble with a customer who can't make up his mind on whether he wants a tuna salad sandwich or an egg salad sandwich. Old MacDonald wants to enroll his goat (who doesn't have a name, Count), and the goat wants Mr. Alan to read them a book: Tickle the Goat. After Alan reads the book, he has to attend to another who decides on the tuna salad sandwich, so his original customer decides on egg salad. Now neither of them can decide on which sandwich they want. Two more kids (Ruben was one of their names, but I didn't catch the other's, sorry Count) show up for "school" to sing the alphabet song, which Alan engages them in. Alan returns to cut the sandwiches in halves so the customers can have a half of each; Alan faces another problem since the customers can't decide on milk or juice for their beverages. The elephant shows up for "school" for rhyming class; but doesn't know what a rhyme is, so Alan demonstrates what a rhyme is by giving the "students" a word that they have to find rhymes with. The elephants fails by rhyming "cat" with "Alberquerque"; but Alan gives him another chance with the word "tall", but he rhymes it with "avacado". One last word with "thing"; but the elephant rhymes it with "jig", but apparently that now rhymes too. Alan's customers decide they want to attend Mr. Alan's School, and decide to save their lunch for lunch period. Elmo finishes his picture of Mr. Alan, and gives it to him as a gift. In the end, a bus driver drops off a bus load of school kids who are ready to attend Mr. Alan's school, as Alan discovers he's now nominated for "Teacher of the Year".

Long Time, No See's: The "At School!" music bit; "Shake Your Rattle and Roll" (even though they wear it out on "Play with Me Sesame"); the animated Number of the Day bit (I don't what it's called, but it has that jazzy music that goes "dun dun dun-dun/dun-dun-dun dun dun")

New Bits: A concert is performed by The L Monsters and a Man Named Murray about a "Silly L Song"; an animated/live action bit about how bones and muscles help us jump, walk, run, and et cetera;

Number of the Day: The Count counts how many times a little girl name Kale hops on one foot until 11, which is the Number of the Day.

Elmo's World: FINALLY another NEW one as we look on Elmo's World of Doctors. Big Bird pokes his head through Elmo's World window passing through on his way to the doctor. Elmo then askes Mr. Noodle, some other kids, and a baby what a doctor does with his stethescope. Elmo follows that up with counting stethscopes doing the Conga. Elmo suddenly receives an e-mail from Big Bird who's in the doctor's office being examined by the "ducktor" (the white doctor muppet in the guise of a doctor). Elmo then askes who goes to the doctor, and who doesn't. Elmo invites the drawer to watch a boy having his check up at the doctor's office. Elmo then watches the Doctor Channel and sees a music bit called "Do The Doctor". Elmo then talks to doctors who tell him about different kinds of doctors such as eye doctors, foot doctors, and veteranarians.

Trivial Observation: In the scene with Mr. Noodle examining Elmo, why can't they actually have Mr. Noodle interact with Elmo instead of it being green screen; wouldn't that be easier? Also, how many new Zoe puppets did they build this season? I noticed in Elmo's World, Zoe had HUGE eyes, shorter hair, and a rounder face.

Overall Rating: Really funny episode today it was; a bit more new stuff today, but and a hint of old but not really classic stuff as well; so I give today's episode 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 stars, ah-ah-ah!

BTW: Is that "Come On, Get Up" bit a new permanent fixture on the show? Does anyone else besides me miss Journey to Ernie?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
All right!!! The reviews have become a hot topic!!! Now I wonder what the chances are of it suddenly become a sticky?

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I wasn't shouting, if I was, I'D BE TYPING LIKE THIS! So why don't you just shut up and die already?
Yeah, what he said! :rolleyes: . I don't know HOW anyone can get shouting out of a joyous outburst like his...? Must take a lot of skills on your part, Mike. :rolleyes: And like a fool? "Istead"? LOL