1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

DVD Wishes

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by GelflingWaldo, Feb 3, 2005.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

movie releases

it has just been confirmed that TMM, GMC, MCC and MTI will all be re-released with special editions. I would like to make a wishlist for the features on the last two.

Muppet Christmas carol: In addition to the fatures from the first release, I think it should al;so be in widescreen, have deleted scenes, muppet morsels, special commentary by Jerry Juhl and paul Williams, and have another commentary track by Gonzo and Rizzo.

Muppet Treasure Island: In addition to what features were already included, this release should have The making of Muppet treasure Island special that was broadcast on The Disney Channel in 1996, Muppet Sing-Alongs: Muppet Treasure island, deleted scenes, muppet morsels, a new commentary track by kermit, Clueless Morgan, mad Monty and Polly Lobster (although this would depend on if jerry nelson and/ or Kevin Clash would be willing to voice the characters for a commentary), and a widescreen version.

Also, another feature that could be included in my Tales from Muppetland wishlist would be a version of The Muppet Musicians of Bremen without the dubbed voices.

2. AAO

AAO Member

Follow That Bird Needs A Tune Up!

I wish they would put out a new DVD for "Follow That Bird", a "special edition" typed DVD. It would have animated and interactive menus and so much more! It should have a "making-of-featurette", audio commentary with the director or even the star Caroll Spinney, one on one interviews with the cast and writers, set-designers tell their side of re-making the most famous street in the world, Caroll Spinney's own insights on how making the film and how complicated it was to manuever the 8 feet tall Big Bird around in new surroundings, easter eggs, outtakes, deleted scenes, the first plot to the film - or subplots - different directions the writers and or creators were going with the film, filming the plane chase scene and cage scene getting away, where the "blue" Big Bird puppet went, creating a new big bird, inside facts about the stars - guest stars - cameos - and much more! Tell about Miss Finch, The Sleaze Brothers, the scenes in the Grouch Cafe, All the character's cars, about filming in Canada.....THerE"S JUST SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH THEY COULD HAVE DONE WITH THIS DVD - even making it a 2-Disc set. I know plenty of ppl would buy it! :grouchy: But, Warner Brothers has yet to do so... :cry:

3. minor muppetz

Muppets from space

Here is what I would include on a two-disc special edition of Muppets from space:
    The same commentary found on the first release, but a second commentary track with Brian Henson, Dave Goelz, Bill barretta, and Steve Whitmire.
    Muppet Morsels.
    deleted scenes.
    Original trailer.
    Teaser trailer
    a documentary of the film
    photo gallery
    excerpts from the origina script (mainly parts of the script that were significantly changed)

4. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

Here is my list of features for a two-disc special edition of The muppets take manhattan. Since Sony owns the distribution rights, they would probably need to make a deal with Disney for some of the following features.

Both Discs:
    Commentary by Frank oz
    Commentary by Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Rowlf, and Scooter
    Muppet Morsels
    english & french languages/subtitles

Disc 1:
    Widescreen version
    original theatrical trailer
    music video: "I'm Gonna Always Love You"
    interview with frank oz (possibly hosted by either miss piggy or fozzie bear... with eric jacopson performing his characters, frank oz can interact with his own characters)
    all-new mocumentary: the making of manhattan Melodies
    all-new featurette: the wedding of the century!
    interviews with Jim Henson

Disc 2:
    Fullframe version
    deleted scenes
    all-new featurette: how the rats cooked dinner
    all-new mockumentary: The Muppets New Jobs
    Four Better World Society commercials (featuring Kermit, Grover, and Muppet Monsters from Jim Henson's productions and Sesame Street)
    Four National Wildlife Federation commercials (featuring Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Penguins, and others)
    talent biographies

5. TotallySpiesFan

Aren't you forgetting to add the special "Muppets Go To The Movies" to that Disc Two idea?

6. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Sounds good but it would probly be a double sided disc istead of double disc to save money

7. minor muppetz

Did you know that Bill, Gill, and Jill appeared in one of the national wildlife federation commercials?

8. minor muppetz

Fraggle Rock

With the first season of Fraggle Rock out now, I thought I would list a wishlist for future season sets.

Season 2: another new documentary and Fraggle Songs.

Season 3: another documentary, Doozer Music, and alternate opening (the one mentioned in the interview with Terry Angus, plus alternate versiosn of the "down at fraggle rock" ending of the opening).

Seasons 4 and 5: Documentary and The Fraggles Find New Jobs.

9. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

:halo: oopsy, sorry :halo:

BJ :D

10. minor muppetz

sesame street movies

here are my ideas for two-disc special editions of both Sesame Street movies.

Follow That Bird disc 1: widescreen or full frame versions, theatrical trailer, audio commentary by Ken Kwapis, Caroll Spinney, and Sonia Manzano, commentary by Big Bird, Oscar, telly, and The Count, and pop-up trivia facts.
    disc 2: interview with Caroll Spinney, interview with ken Kwapis, Interview with Dave Thomas and Joe Flaherty, pre-dubbed version (a print from before music, sound effects, and voices were edited, so we could hear what Miss Finch and the Dodos sounded like before their vocies were dubbed, and we can know what other characetrs voices were dubbed when), deleted scenes, outtakes, and biographies on caroll Spinney, Jim henson, Frank Oz, Sally Kellerman, Dave Thomas, and Joe Flaherty.

Elmo In grouchland disc 1: widescreen or full frame version, audio commentary by kevin clash and the director, audio commentary by Elmo, Bug, and oscar, and pop-up trivia facts.

disc 2: all features from existing DVD release, plus an interview with the director, deleted scenes, and outtakes.

11. TotallySpiesFan

I sure did, it was from 1988.

12. minor muppetz

Dinosaurs

Here is my wishlist for a Dinosaurs DVD collection.

season 1:
    *pre-audio recorded versiosn of select episodes
    commentary on each episode

season 2:
    *commentary on The Golden Child, Endangered Species, The family Challenge, and Refridgerator day.

season 3:
    *audio commentary on baby Talk, Nature Calls, and Getting To Know You.
    *I'm The Baby music video.

season 4:
    *production notes
    *audio commentary on The Terrible Twos, Variations of a Theme park, and Changing nature.

13. minor muppetz

Muppet Babies

Here is what I would include on Muppet babies DVDs.

season 1:
    first four epsiodes of Little Muppet Monsters (if Disney doens't want to take the risk of releasing a Little Muppet Monsters collection).
    four Muppet Time insertials.
    muppet morsels.

season 2:
    two episodes of Little Muppet Monsters.
    six muppet time insertials.
    muppet morsels.
    maybe one or two "Muppet Babies Video Storybook" videos (If Disney has the rights to them).

season 3:
    muppet morsels.
    kermit and robin introductions from the "Yes, I Can" series of videos.
    two episodes of Little Muppet Monsters.
    some more Muppet Time insertials.

season 4:
    the last two episodes of Little Muppet Monsters.
    one of the Muppet babies Video Storybooks.
    muppet morsels.

season 5:
    more Muppet Babies Video Storybooks.
    the remaining Muppet Time segments.
    muppet morsels.

season 6:
    storyboards.
    more Muppet Babies Video Storybooks.
    muppet morsels.
    any special bumpers or openings promoting "Muppets, Babies, and Monsters."

season 7:
    the remaining Muppet Babies Video Storybooks.
    muppet morsels.
    the special "Muppet Hour" opening from Nick Jr. (This led to an hour-long block of Muppet Babies and The Muppet Show on Nick Jr)
    muppet babies design sketches.

14. Sepulturalex

Sepulturalex New Member

I wanna dvd with english subtitles

15. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Here's one:Cartoon all stars to the rescue.It features a couple characters from The Muppet Babies,Huey,Dewey,and Louie,Smurfs,and a lot others.By the way,Does Didney own that 1990 special?And will it EVER be released on DVD???

:) :mad: :concern:

16. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

I mean Disney.Sorry.

17. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

Did you forget??

The very best of Sam and Freinds
    Tales of Tinkredee
    The Grest Santa Switch

18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Do you mean you would die before or after watching them? :o

19. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

My Dreams

I'm not really sure, I'll have to think about it and get back to you. ;)

Alright, I had some free time today, and came up with some more specific dream DVD products I would love to see.

The Muppet Movie: Collector's Edition
    • The Muppet Movie [widescreen & full-frame]
    • Audio Commentary with the Muppets (Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Piggy)
    • Audio Commentary with Cast/Crew (Jim Frawley, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, and Paul Williams)
    • Muppet Morsels (pop-up trivia)
    • "Behind The Muppet Movie" (All new documentary & retrospective)
    • "The Muppets Go Hollywood" (TV special)
    • "Jim Frawley’s Original Camera Tests"
    • "A Muppet Movie Sing Along" (The Muppets & Paul Williams reunite around the paino and sing songs from the film).
    • Delete Scenes, Alternate Scenes, Abandoned Concepts, and Outtakes (featurette hosted by Kermit)
    • Original Theatrical Trailers and Promos
    • Behind the Scenes Photo Gallery
    • Promotional Photo, Poster, and Video Cover Gallery
    • Muppet Movie Trivia Game
    • Two disc collectors' edition DVD (possibly in 2009 for the 30th anniversary)
    The Muppet Christmas Carol: Collector's Edition
    • The Muppet Christmas Carol (non-theatrical cut)[widescreen & full-frame]
    • Audio Commentary with Gonzo and Rizzo
    • Audio Commentary with director Brian Henson (from 2002 Disney-DVD)
    • Muppet Morsels (pop-up trivia)
    • "Pigs, Frogs, and Humbug: Unwrapping a Holiday Classic" (from 2002 Disney-DVD)
    • Delete Scenes, Abandoned Songs, and Unused Ideas (Hosted by Gonzo & Rizzo; mentioning "Room in your Heart" and "Chairman of the Board")
    • "A Muppet Christmas Carol Sing Along" (The Muppets & Paul Williams reunite around the paino and sing their favorite songs from the film).
    • "On the Set" (Blooper Reel)
    • "Christmas Around the World" (from 2002 Disney DVD)
    • Original Theatrical Trailers and Promos
    • Behind the Scenes Photo Gallery
    • Promotional Photo, Poster, and Video Cover Gallery
    • Muppet Christmas Carol Trivia Game
    • Two disc collectors' edition DVD (possibly in 2007 for the 15th anniversary)
    The Tales from Muppetland: Golden Collection
    • "Hey Cinderella!" (1970)
    • "The Frog Prince" (1971)
    • "The Muppet Musicians of Bremen" (1972)
    • Original Pilot: "Hey Cinderella!" (1965)
    • Original Pilot: “Tales of the Tinkerdee” (1962)
    • Original Pilot: “Land of the Tinkerdee” (1962)
    • Photo & Design Gallery
    • Two disc collectors' edition
    The Tale of the Bunny Picnic
    • "Tale of the Bunny Picnic"
    • Bean Bunny's Movie Pre-show (excerpt from "Dog City" episode of "The Jim Henson Hour")
    • Interactive video menus hosted by Bean Bunny
    • Behind the scenes photo gallery
    • Single disc edition
    The Muppets at Walt Disney World
    • "The Muppets at Walt Disney World"
    • Inside "Muppet-Vision 3-D" Featurette
    • Assorted Disney Promos, Ads, & Videos Featuring the Muppets
    • Assorted "Muppetisms"
    • Single disc edition
    The Muppets Present! (Double Feature)
    • "Muppet Classic Theater"
    • "The Muppets Go to the Movies"
    • Movie Mania "Muppet Screen Tests"
    • Single disc edition
    The Muppets & John Denver Collection (Double Feature)
    • "John Denver & The Muppets: A Christmas Together"
    • "John Denver & The Muppets: Rocky Mountain Holiday"
    • Sing-Along Feature for both specials
    • Single disc edition
    ...I'll be back later with some more dream DVDs. :)

20. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

My dream list

It's almost the same but few more things added.
    Time Piece (1965)
    the best of Rowlf on the Jimmy Dean show.
    The Cube (originally by Jim Henson)
    Our Place (1968)
    Interviews with the muppets through out the years.

the last one is a collection of all interviews that Jim Had made before his untimely death.
    and The ghost of Heffner Hall.