DVD Wishes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
movie releases

it has just been confirmed that TMM, GMC, MCC and MTI will all be re-released with special editions. I would like to make a wishlist for the features on the last two.

Muppet Christmas carol: In addition to the fatures from the first release, I think it should al;so be in widescreen, have deleted scenes, muppet morsels, special commentary by Jerry Juhl and paul Williams, and have another commentary track by Gonzo and Rizzo.

Muppet Treasure Island: In addition to what features were already included, this release should have The making of Muppet treasure Island special that was broadcast on The Disney Channel in 1996, Muppet Sing-Alongs: Muppet Treasure island, deleted scenes, muppet morsels, a new commentary track by kermit, Clueless Morgan, mad Monty and Polly Lobster (although this would depend on if jerry nelson and/ or Kevin Clash would be willing to voice the characters for a commentary), and a widescreen version.

Also, another feature that could be included in my Tales from Muppetland wishlist would be a version of The Muppet Musicians of Bremen without the dubbed voices.

AAO

Reaction score
Follow That Bird Needs A Tune Up!

I wish they would put out a new DVD for "Follow That Bird", a "special edition" typed DVD. It would have animated and interactive menus and so much more! It should have a "making-of-featurette", audio commentary with the director or even the star Caroll Spinney, one on one interviews with the cast and writers, set-designers tell their side of re-making the most famous street in the world, Caroll Spinney's own insights on how making the film and how complicated it was to manuever the 8 feet tall Big Bird around in new surroundings, easter eggs, outtakes, deleted scenes, the first plot to the film - or subplots - different directions the writers and or creators were going with the film, filming the plane chase scene and cage scene getting away, where the "blue" Big Bird puppet went, creating a new big bird, inside facts about the stars - guest stars - cameos - and much more! Tell about Miss Finch, The Sleaze Brothers, the scenes in the Grouch Cafe, All the character's cars, about filming in Canada.....THerE"S JUST SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH THEY COULD HAVE DONE WITH THIS DVD - even making it a 2-Disc set. I know plenty of ppl would buy it! :grouchy: But, Warner Brothers has yet to do so... :cry:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppets from space

Here is what I would include on a two-disc special edition of Muppets from space:
The same commentary found on the first release, but a second commentary track with Brian Henson, Dave Goelz, Bill barretta, and Steve Whitmire.
Muppet Morsels.
deleted scenes.
Original trailer.
Teaser trailer
a documentary of the film
photo gallery
excerpts from the origina script (mainly parts of the script that were significantly changed)

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Here is my list of features for a two-disc special edition of The muppets take manhattan. Since Sony owns the distribution rights, they would probably need to make a deal with Disney for some of the following features.

Both Discs:
Commentary by Frank oz
Commentary by Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Rowlf, and Scooter
Muppet Morsels
english & french languages/subtitles

Disc 1:
Widescreen version
original theatrical trailer
music video: "I'm Gonna Always Love You"
interview with frank oz (possibly hosted by either miss piggy or fozzie bear... with eric jacopson performing his characters, frank oz can interact with his own characters)
all-new mocumentary: the making of manhattan Melodies
all-new featurette: the wedding of the century!
interviews with Jim Henson

Disc 2:
Fullframe version
deleted scenes
all-new featurette: how the rats cooked dinner
all-new mockumentary: The Muppets New Jobs
Four Better World Society commercials (featuring Kermit, Grover, and Muppet Monsters from Jim Henson's productions and Sesame Street)
Four National Wildlife Federation commercials (featuring Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Penguins, and others)
talent biographies

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
here is what i would like to see on a 2-disc special edition of The Great Muppet Caper.

Both Discs:
animated menus hosted by Gonzo, with appearances by Rizzo and Beauregard
Muppet Morsels
excerpts from Jim Hensons notebook
Audio Commentary by Frank Oz, Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Steve Whitmire, Kathy Mullen, Brian Henson and Jerry Juhl

Disc 1:
Widescreen presentation
television interviews with Jim Henson
academey awards clip: The First Time it Happens
all-new featurette: the making of the great muppet caper

Disc 2:
Full Frame presentation
photo gallery
interview with kermit, fozzie and gonzo
interview with Jerry Juhl (hosted by Gonzo)
The great Muppet Caper trivia game
outtakes
deleted scenes
storyboards for unproduced scenes
Aren't you forgetting to add the special "Muppets Go To The Movies" to that Disc Two idea?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Sounds good but it would probly be a double sided disc istead of double disc to save money

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
Here is my list of features for a two-disc special edition of The muppets take manhattan. Since Sony owns the distribution rights, they would probably need to make a deal with Disney for some of the following features.

Both Discs:
Commentary by Frank oz
Commentary by Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Rowlf, and Scooter
Muppet Morsels
english & french languages/subtitles

Disc 1:
Widescreen version
music video: "I'm Gonna Always Love You"
interview with frank oz (possibly hosted by either miss piggy or fozzie bear... with eric jacopson performing his characters, frank oz can interact with his own characters)
all-new mocumentary: the making of manhattan Melodies
all-new featurette: the wedding of the century!
interviews with Jim Henson

Disc 2:
Fullframe version
deleted scenes
all-new featurette: how the rats cooked dinner
all-new mockumentary: The Muppets New Jobs
Four Better World Society commercials (featuring Kermit, Grover, and Muppet Monsters from Jim Henson's productions and Sesame Street)
Four National Wildlife Federation commercials (featuring Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Penguins, and others)
talent biographies
Did you know that Bill, Gill, and Jill appeared in one of the national wildlife federation commercials?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock

With the first season of Fraggle Rock out now, I thought I would list a wishlist for future season sets.

Season 2: another new documentary and Fraggle Songs.

Season 3: another documentary, Doozer Music, and alternate opening (the one mentioned in the interview with Terry Angus, plus alternate versiosn of the "down at fraggle rock" ending of the opening).

Seasons 4 and 5: Documentary and The Fraggles Find New Jobs.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
matleo said:
that was Sex and Violence. The other TV pilot. it featured Sam Eagle, The Electric Mayhem, Swedish Chef, Nigel, Statler and Waldorf, Crazy Harry an early Piggy (played by Fran Brill) and an early Strangepork. Kermit and Bert also made cameo appearances.

The Valentine Special featured George the Janitor, Kermit, Mildred, Droop, and Crazy Harry (known as Crazy Donald there).

Hope this helps.

--Matt
:halo: oopsy, sorry :halo:

BJ :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
sesame street movies

here are my ideas for two-disc special editions of both Sesame Street movies.

Follow That Bird disc 1: widescreen or full frame versions, theatrical trailer, audio commentary by Ken Kwapis, Caroll Spinney, and Sonia Manzano, commentary by Big Bird, Oscar, telly, and The Count, and pop-up trivia facts.
disc 2: interview with Caroll Spinney, interview with ken Kwapis, Interview with Dave Thomas and Joe Flaherty, pre-dubbed version (a print from before music, sound effects, and voices were edited, so we could hear what Miss Finch and the Dodos sounded like before their vocies were dubbed, and we can know what other characetrs voices were dubbed when), deleted scenes, outtakes, and biographies on caroll Spinney, Jim henson, Frank Oz, Sally Kellerman, Dave Thomas, and Joe Flaherty.

Elmo In grouchland disc 1: widescreen or full frame version, audio commentary by kevin clash and the director, audio commentary by Elmo, Bug, and oscar, and pop-up trivia facts.

disc 2: all features from existing DVD release, plus an interview with the director, deleted scenes, and outtakes.