Edgier Muppets?

Squigiman

Reaction score
Luke,
As a bunch of what you posted last seemed to be in response to me, I just thought I'd remind you, that I realize a bunch of what you said. I'm not naive. I tried to make it clear that I was aware of several facts surrounding the hub-bub over the special, and the Muppets, in general. If you go back to my last post, I try to make it quite clear, as I totally understand things such as you mentioned. Not trying to start a fight or anything, just don't want to seem like I'm living in some fantasy world, where the muppets are all warm and fuzzy. Still, I think some of that warmth and heart is essential to what they represent, when mixed well with a good dose of wacky humor. I did like MFS, but a lot of that had to do with the themes, such as dealing with the emotional issues of Gonzo, who I, personally, very much relate to. Some of the humor, however, these days, as it sounds, goes just a bit too far. That's all. Hope that clears thing up. Take care.

-Squigiman

Salmoto

Reaction score
I worry about the exact same thing. There are new characters I couldn't possibly imagine having the same warm moments the older Muppets do. Heck, even Statler and Waldorf got soft every once in a while, but we aren't gonna see a kinder gentler Pepe, Van Neuter, or Sal (As much as I like Sal.)

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe Sal with Johnny and Van Neuter with those rats from MFS, but not Pepe, not ever.