eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I just hope that they don't attach the clothes to the body. I would love to do theme kinda stuff with mine.

Taylor

Reaction score
regarding the message sent out by efx. does anyone know where that pic of rizzo came from? ive never seen rizzo in that jacket. kinda reminds me of mc hammer. its hammer time. lol.:shifty:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Puppet Heap (if it is them) works quick, being a whole team of people, and has easiest access to the puppets so doesn't surprise me they could have 4 protos ready in a year ... but marketing and investment wise, sales wise (they would need to make sure the first sell before getting going on the third or fourth obviously), and factory wise, i would imagine it'll probably be slightly more staggered out. If they could get two out in a year i'd be more than happy!
I doubt Puppet Heap or Disney will be making these posers.Disney's involvement would be to supply patterns and reference material and consult and give their approval.eFX would have to organise the construction, prior to it going to China for production.I also doubt that four posers could be made in a year.Getting a product right causes delays, with the prototype being sent back and forth from China until it is right.Plus shipping takes a while.

unclematt

Reaction score
I doubt Puppet Heap or Disney will be making these posers.Disney's involvement would be to supply patterns and reference material and consult and give their approval.eFX would have to organise the construction, prior to it going to China for production.I also doubt that four posers could be made in a year.Getting a product right causes delays, with the prototype being sent back and forth from China until it is right.Plus shipping takes a while.
Are you saying that you don't think it will happen or hat the time line is just not realistic?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Puppet Heap (if it is them) works quick, being a whole team of people, and has easiest access to the puppets so doesn't surprise me they could have 4 protos ready in a year ... but marketing and investment wise, sales wise (they would need to make sure the first sell before getting going on the third or fourth obviously), and factory wise, i would imagine it'll probably be slightly more staggered out. If they could get two out in a year i'd be more than happy!
I think two Muppet posers a year is the right formula. So Puppet Heap is officially going to help or even helm this venture? Last time around they wouldn't release the Piggy head mold. I haven't been happy with most of their Piggys. I hope they go back to the classic pattern of the early 80s. I think it would be best they go back a while than continue with facsimiles of facsimiles or faded models. The Piggy look has been lost in that for a while now. I think there’s a unique opportunity now to get it right.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I think two Muppet posers a year is the right formula. So Puppet Heap is officially going to help or even helm this venture? Last time around they wouldn't release the Piggy head mold. I haven't been happy with most of their Piggys. I hope they go back to the classic pattern of the early 80s. I think it would be best they go back a while than continue with facsimiles of facsimiles or faded models. The Piggy look has been lost in that for a while now. I think there’s a unique opportunity now to get it right.
Puppet Heap is not helming the venture, but rather helping, as you said. Also, they've just made a completely new Piggy head from scratch. I don't think we've seen it in anything yet.

:stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Puppet Heap is not helming the venture, but rather helping, as you said. Also, they've just made a completely new Piggy head from scratch. I don't think we've seen it in anything yet.

Wow I hope we see it soon, and I hope she has a neck, unlike the few times last Christmas she was on the today show and looked like she didn't have a neck. It also looked like her head was a little fatter but i could be wrong on that. It will more then likely that the new Piggy will be the one they go by to build the poser. just a thought.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Dwayne, i would agree with that assessment. Remember Disney doesn't do anything unless it benefits them. They will put their seal of approval on Muppets that look like the more recent Muppets since the buyout, which represent their "product" or "intellectual property" whichever you prefer. It only makes common sense.

Without having to ask I was hoping that Bryan would pop over here and give us the (long winded) skinny as far as, How many they are considering in the line so far (short term) Where they've gotton so far. What made them decide to pick up and pursue the line, why they feel it wil be successful under their company, what involvement Puppet Heap will have. Will they make the prototypes and leave it up to the factory to get right and so on. Just give us stuff to have fun talking about especially license stuff, the reporter Kermit issue, heck, the Kermit issue period. Bet they're getting swamped with individual e-mails regarding this new news.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Are you saying that you don't think it will happen or hat the time line is just not realistic?
I am saying that going by the Past history and that it isnt realistic.For that to happen, the factory would have to build spot on prototypes each time, which aint gunna happen.Take shipping alone, each one takes around 2 months travel time by Sea from China to The states-there's 8 months gone already! Two per year is realistic and affordable.Who can effort 4 in one year?:eek:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Without having to ask I was hoping that Bryan would pop over here and give us the (long winded) skinny as far as, How many they are considering in the line so far (short term) Where they've gotton so far. What made them decide to pick up and pursue the line, why they feel it wil be successful under their company, what involvement Puppet Heap will have.
As far as why they picked up the line, somewhere in some thread, I've forgotten which one it was (maybe the first original thread about the posers), I mentioned that if MR dropped the line there was another company that could pick up the slack. That was eFX all along. Certain conditions needed to be met for them to do it, and obviously, since they're doing it, their conditions have been met. (These were just business matters that make no difference to any of us.)

From what I've been told, I don't think we'll be seeing any compromises like "sock noses" coming from this company. The funny thing right now is that they're having trouble finding the Rizzo fur. Even Puppet Heap doesn't have any more. I'm sure they'll locate it eventually. It's just one of many things we collectors don't even think about in making these.