eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
Ah .. i guess in other words someone else has the fashion doll license (like those Piggys advertised here) and they could sue Disney if eFX product infringed their license. It's unfortunate, but understandable now the Muppets are higher profile.

The process to create these eFX were talking about they said had changed to make them easier to mass manufacture. Is that by computer designing them and then having them prototyped directly by the factory in China or are they still doing it the traditional way here.
That is my guess to, that Tonner has the fashion doll licence now and it would go into their market area.
As to the other question, Bryan said that he has a resource to ensure that the posers can be mass produced.I do know that there is someone in The States, making the prototypes first,before the Factory makes their prototype, as WOW has mentioned.That person is locked away somewhere, to concentrate on getting the prototypes ready, so is not able to come forward and communicate.

PS I just re read my last sentence and it came across as though eFX has him kidnapped LOL, which is not the case.He is just being sheltered so he can concentrate on getting the prototypes ready in time with minimum interuption.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I think it will be pretty cool to catch photos (when the eFX site is revamped) to see the Muppet process, as you can see with their other products now.

Piggy is as big as Fozzie isn't she? Just curious.

Thanks to Bryan for the drop in. I am now surprized when is seems they have found the trick of making smaller characters for lower price as mentioned in his mail to me "for economic reasons" feeling that producing smaller figures will help. So anywho, I'm surprised that they have left out Nephew Robin. But that may be them naming two biggies, two little.

KK

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
That is my guess to, that Tonner has the fashion doll licence now and it would go into their market area.
As to the other question, Bryan said that he has a resource to ensure that the posers can be mass produced.I do know that there is someone in The States, making the prototypes first,before the Factory makes their prototype, as WOW has mentioned.That person is locked away somewhere, to concentrate on getting the prototypes ready, so is not able to come forward and communicate.

PS I just re read my last sentence and it came across as though eFX has him kidnapped LOL, which is not the case.He is just being sheltered so he can concentrate on getting the prototypes ready in time with minimum interuption.

I just don't know how a fashion doll compares to a photo replica even if the clothes do come off of the character. That's weird.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The doll thing is one of those weird technicalities that make sense to me. I don’t agree with it, but I understand it.

This answer I know. From the official reference files I’ve seen, Miss Piggy is not only shorter than Fozzie, she is a lot less bulky. That’s the most problematic bit is Fozzie’s bulky midsection. Muppets are cheated out so it’s difficult to decipher comparative sizes without the Disney/Henson head-to-toe reference for puppet builders. Piggy’s ears give her a bit more height too, but she’s easier to warehouse in a box in or out of the fetal position. Fozzie’s shape makes fetal shave minimal space from the overall packing size.

Bryan will undoubtedly have more details about that and maybe a solution not thought of by anyone yet. However, the bear is substantially larger than the pig in a number of ways..

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Well, I hope they attach the clothes with only a few threads here and there so that those of us who want to swap them out can.

When thinking about it, besides Gonzo and Piggy, I can't imagine there'd be too many others that I'd want to mess with anyway. Most Muppets have their signature outfits that don't vary too much.

Ooh, but just think if they could make a Pigs In Space outfit for Piggy to sell separately!

As for Gonzo, I'm still dying to get a checkered suit and chili pepper tie for him...

muppetperson

Reaction score
I wouldnt of thought to have removeable clothes would make it Fashion,unless there was Fashion accessories! Having removeable clothes is great for cleaning or if they get moth eaten or something.Plus, if someone wanted to make their own clothes, then that is up to them.I just hope that under the clothes is fur or muppet skin and not a case of only being a head, hands and feet and clothes as the linning.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget that officially used Muppet posers just like Muppet puppets are not always in perfect condition. The quality control on these will likely be greater than the actual posers used in print pieces. However, we don't all have access to puppet builders to fix such issues. I trust EFX wants to give us the best product they can. I do wonder if they're going to use computer prototyping technology for these. It has come a long way.

Nick22

Reaction score
sigh :frown: i already had a perfect sweater from when my sister was a baby set a side for miss piggy. fake fur on the collar and everything :frown: hopefully it's just attached by some thread. and under is some fabric.

eFX

Reaction score
Hi All

I have been receiving a lot of e-mails in regards to the removable clothing issue and it appears that they are all coming from the members of this forum. So, instead of answering each one of you individually, I think it will be more expedient to answer the question in this forum.

Don't let the terminology be misleading. In the toy industry, any figure that has removable clothing and accessories is called a "fashion doll" It does not necessarily have to be Barbie. So, don't let the word "fashion" confuse you!

Our license, as it is written right now, does not allow us to make a "fashion" doll, only replicas of the posers. Also, it does not allow us to make clothing and accessories. So, if you think about it, why would it be necessary to make the clothes removable? :smile:

But . . . rest assured, under the clothing is a COMPLETE poser. So, for example, under Kermit's trench coat will be his complete body (and green too!)

I hope that this answers your questions.

Thanks!

Bryan