eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

muppetguy

Reaction score
A bit more info for you...the edition sizes will probably not be more than 1000 pieces per character.The prices are still being worked out, and the clothes probably wont be removeable.

But why would their clothes not be removeable? I like the idea of their clothes being able to change as most of us did with Gonzo. Is it cheaper to do it this way? I mean, Imagine the possibilities with piggy! You can change her up every which way. Just curious why efx would do it this way is all. :confused:

Taylor

Reaction score
I emailed efx about the clothes being removable or not, just waiting on a response.

muppetperson

Reaction score
But why would their clothes not be removeable? I like the idea of their clothes being able to change as most of us did with Gonzo. Is it cheaper to do it this way? I mean, Imagine the possibilities with piggy! You can change her up every which way. Just curious why efx would do it this way is all. :confused:
Something to do with the licensing changing to fashion doll category,(if the clothes were made removeable) which isnt covered.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
So the hope is that Piggy comes dressed in a costume everyone will love so me thinks the traditional Muppet show look will be used.... hopefully with a feather boa!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Something to do with the licensing changing to fashion doll category,(if the clothes were made removeable) which isnt covered.

Well this just stinks....I like to enterchange my characters with different costumes.

Telly

Reaction score
If they do Gonzo, I think it'd be sweet if they put him in his sweater vest like in the 80's. I'm not a fan of the recent kooky shirt and vest look

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't fuss with my posers that much so sewn clothes is fine with me as long as the choices are good. I suppose this nixes the idea of different Piggy wigs? Please not the flat-iron platinum look.

Luke

Reaction score
Ah .. i guess in other words someone else has the fashion doll license (like those Piggys advertised here) and they could sue Disney if eFX product infringed their license. It's unfortunate, but understandable now the Muppets are higher profile.

The process to create these eFX were talking about they said had changed to make them easier to mass manufacture. Is that by computer designing them and then having them prototyped directly by the factory in China or are they still doing it the traditional way here.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Hi All!

First, thanks for all of the enthusiasm in regards to the "reboot" of the Muppet Posers!

I do not know how many of you are registered for our newsletter, but we gave some details of the cooperation of Disney and Puppet Heap in the project.

Puppet Heap is supplying to us all of the patterns, sample fabrics, reference photos, etc to ensure that we make our prototypes correctly. We feel it is very important to get this information from them, since it is the small details that capture the unique personalities of the characters.

Puppet Heap is NOT making the prototypes for us. We are using a resource that will ensure that we can manufacture these in a production environment, which most of you know is very different than making one at a time.

We ran into a little delay in launching our new website, but we are hoping that it will be launched in the next few weeks. We will be posting development pictures on the website when we have something to share.

Thanks once again, and also thanks for understanding that this is a long and sometimes difficult process in order to ensure that it is engineered properly to deliver a great quality product!

Bryan
Thanks for dropping by with that info, Bryan!

And, for purely non-selfish reasons that certainly have nothing to do with my own personal preferences for characters that may receive the poser treatment, I'd like to direct your attention to the poll at the top of this thread and see who is the front-runner for which poser people want made the most.

(I want my bear. Now!)

Taylor

Reaction score
it seems it is true, the muppet replicas clothing will not be removeable, just got a reply to my e- mail from efx heres what they said
Hi Taylor

Yes, that is true. removable clothing would make into a “fashion doll” and not a replica.

Thanks!

Bryan

disapointing about their clothing not being able to be removed, i was really looking forward to dressing piggy up. efx does have exceptional customer service though.