eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
Thanks Bryan! You guys are doing a fantastic job and your news about D23 makes me want to join and fly out there but most likely I will not do either. I'll just look here for news.

Thank you for the communication and for clearing the air on some of our assumptions/questions.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You guys wanna take the gay discussion to its own thread?
I am one of Muppet Central's diverse members and a staff member. We all bring our perspective as pertains to the topic. The comments here ARE on topic as pertains to Muppet Replicas. Limiting the coversation or attempting to *exclude* a perspective is neither on topic nor consistent with the forum guidelines. This was not a "gay" discussion and if the inclusion of others upsets you that is not anyone else's doing. Please be respectful. Thank you.

Back to POSERS. We just got a fantastic update from EFX.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Wow ! Leave this thread for a day and look what I missed! Funny debates on deciding which Muppet was an icon for particular groups....does that mean that Animal could be seen as an icon for the male chauvinist LOL.
Thanks for the update Bryan. I hope the Con went well for your team. With regards to the pricing, do you feel they will be at round the same price point as MR's?

doc hopper

Reaction score
I am one of Muppet Central's diverse members and a staff member. We all bring our perspective as pertains to the topic. The comments here ARE on topic as pertains to Muppet Replicas. Limiting the coversation or attempting to *exclude* a perspective is neither on topic nor consistent with the forum guidelines. This was not a "gay" discussion and if the inclusion of others upsets you that is not anyone else's doing. Please be respectful. Thank you.

Back to POSERS. We just got a fantastic update from EFX.
No disrespect, I just want to know more about the EFX posers, which I thought this thread was about.

TML

Reaction score
Jeeze Louise! I was simply trying to say that I believe that when comparing Fozzie and Miss Piggy, she has a broader appeal to specialty groups other than just Muppet fans. I gave two examples, doll collectors and the Gay community. Like, I said, the Tonner doll. How come no one is debating those pesky doll collectors? :insatiable:

Quote: "does that mean that Animal could be seen as an icon for the male chauvinist LOL"

Actually, Animal has become an icon for people in rock n roll bands. Perhaps he should have been marketed in Rolling Stone, drum and musician magazines?

doc hopper

Reaction score
Jeeze Louise! I was simply trying to say that I believe that when comparing Fozzie and Miss Piggy, she has a broader appeal to specialty groups other than just Muppet fans. I gave two examples, doll collectors and the Gay community. Like, I said, the Tonner doll. How come no one is debating those pesky doll collectors? :insatiable:
Again, this would make a great thread.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We are still on topic enough here, but why belabor the point when there was a fantastic update directly from EFX? That exciting news deserves comments!

This news about Puppet Heap revisiting their designs and that factoring into the EFX commercial posers is very interesting as is the news that they are making the posers *better* than the official design but referencing the puppet itself. Great news.

doc hopper

Reaction score
And I'm actually being sincere here. A good conversation of which Muppets relate to different and diverse groups is in order. My use of the word "gay" above may have been misunderstood or taken wrong (apologies to Frogboy). I just really thought this would be a good discussion that could grow as its own thread.

Sexual preference has never come up in my conversations with other collectors (gay and not). We discuss patterns, stitching, likeness, price, felt, feathers, pupils and eye focus, but we've never talked about whether buying these replicas dealt with our sexual orientation. It's an interesting conversation that's never come up until now!

So I'm being sincere about giving this its own thread. It's a good one and people seem to have something to say!

doc hopper

Reaction score
We are still on topic enough here, but why belabor the point when there was a fantastic update directly from EFX? That exciting news deserves comments!

This news about Puppet Heap revisiting their designs and that factoring into the EFX commercial posers is very interesting as is the news that they are making the posers *better* than the official design but referencing the puppet itself. Great news.
I agree - sorry. Just wanted to clear myself up!