eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

doc hopper

Reaction score
First, I would like to thank everyone for their feedback to our first prototypes that we displayed at Comic Con this past week.

Rizzo
This poser was based on the original patterns supplied to us. We actually made 2 prototypes. We were actually allowed to compare the first prototype to one of the original puppets! There were many tweaks that had to be made in order to capture the true “character” of Rizzo and thus made a second one. Many of you may have noticed that the color of his fur is different than the original puppet. They are updating Rizzo and some of the colors are not exactly the same as the previous puppets that we have all seen. Also, the technique to get the “ratty” look of the fur is going to take some development.

Also, due to the shortage of time, there are details on the jacket and T-shirt that need to completed.

Reporter Kermit
As many of you know, and as we had told people at Comic Con, the Kermit on display was actually my MR Kermit. Anyone who “knows” Kermit, like most of you, can identify a MR Kermit immediately. However, we were able to get a trench coat and prototype fedora done. The shirt and tie was actually purchased from Macy’s! (Kermit’s tie is actually burgundy with thin gold stripes) And, you may have also noticed that Kermit did not have pants! (No microphone, either!)

The trench coat was made from the actual patterns supplied to us, but we did not make any alterations to it, since this is not the actual Kermit in which it has to fit properly. We are working on having “our” Kermit ready to be displayed at D23 in September.

Miss Piggy
What we showed was simply the start of the sculpt of the head. It was not intended to show materials or anything else.

Pricing and Availability
We have not established the price or availability of Rizzo or Reporter Kermit, since we are still in the beginning stages of the development and have not submitted the full product specifications to the factory for costing and schedule. We are hoping to have this information by D23.

Choice of Materials and Construction
As all of you already know, making product one by one in a workshop is very different than in a production environment in both the construction and the materials. Unfortunately, ALL fabrics and components are custom made. There is no store or warehouse where you just go and purchase the materials. There are many factors that we must take into consideration. Most of them have already been discussed in this thread. Will there be compromises, of course, but we will evaluate the pro and cons of every option. But rest assured, we will do our best to deliver a product that you will be proud to own!

I hope this answers many of your question. So please do not read more into what you actually see in the many photos now floating around.
Thanks!

Bryan
Congratulations on these great replicas. Rizzo is incredible and I'm glad to hear of the upcoming improvements. Can't wait to see Kermit and Piggy. WOW!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree - sorry. Just wanted to clear myself up!
Cool, so back to the news -

It does seem like Rizzo's fur has gotten lighter over the years. Maybe their selecting a new color to make him pop around the other characters. Disney and the Muppets are in a unique position now to polish up all the character designs and I suppose this can and will reflect the EFX posers too. I just hope it's for the better. To be honest, some of the puppets have needed to go back to formula for years now.

Puppet Heap seems to be inconsistent with Miss Piggy in particular. The head shape Comic Con display gives me hope. I hope we see more soon and I would love seeing as much of the sketches and production art that they are permitted to share.

I am so pleased to hear that Kermit's tie and shirt came from Macy's and that he will be better tailored and have pants too. The MR Gonzo outfit received mixed reviews due to the extra give in the fit. I don't see much wrong with that, but it's nice to hear that EFX is interested in putting us at ease. Trench coats are a problematic fit for everyone.

The idea gleaned from their press materials that the bear could be next after Pepe is also very encouraging. Now lets hear the SRP! I hope they don't come out faster than I can afford them. 2-per-year seems about right.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I am sitting here now wondering which room I should move my replicas into now knowing a pig and a rat and a bear is coming! Anyone else looked at their collection and imagined the EFX relpicas added to their collection?

doc hopper

Reaction score
I am sitting here now wondering which room I should move my replicas into now knowing a pig and a rat and a bear is coming! Anyone else looked at their collection and imagined the EFX relpicas added to their collection?
Because of our cats, I had to hang mine from the ceiling. Sometimes it can be tough for a Muppet collector who doesn't believe in declawing cats!

But it works great, and kind of looks like the credit sequence from GMC, with the parachutes and all. And gives you a lot more floor space!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Because of our cats, I had to hang mine from the ceiling. Sometimes it can be tough for a Muppet collector who doesn't believe in declawing cats!

But it works great, and kind of looks like the credit sequence from GMC, with the parachutes and all. And gives you a lot more floor space!
Finding your replicas destroyed would be a nighmare, its a good idea to hand them high!
I have a lock on my room as I cant afford to have my daughter decide to play with them, she is only 5 moths old but better to get the security system in now :big_grin:

Telly

Reaction score
I've kept my replicas in my room cuz I don't want my roommates our house guests spilling on them or playing with them. In fact, I'm having one of my most trusted friends Muppetsit for me while I live on my friend's couch for a few months. I'm an aboslute dog lover, but I wouldn't want to have to kill his 5 month old miniature Australian Shepard for chewing and/or going potty on them.

While reading the discussion of Muppets to different cultures, I was thinking it would make a good discussion as well. Somebody should start one! Sorry if one already's been started. This is usually the first thread I check when I get online!

As far as Animal as an icon for the male chauvinist, I'd have to disagree. I'd have to put my vote towards Pepe, okay!:rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My replicas are on my bedside table, but their feet get dusty. I need a MuppetVac.:eek:

muppetguy

Reaction score
Boy, have I missed alot today...LOL.

A quick thank you to Bryan for coming on here and clearing things up. I can not wait to have a Kermit and Piggy. She's my absolute favorite muppet and from the pics I've seen, WOW. Can't wait to see her progress.

As for where do I keep my posers, separate areas of my room. I don't have much floor space anymore, so I have Kermit at the foot of my bed. Next to Kermit is a Collectors case with WDCC statues in it, and next to that stands Gonzo. On my dresser, I have Animal, slouched standing. He kinds looks like he'd be ready to jump on anyone who enters...LOL:insatiable:

I can't wait to hear more info from efx on price range and date of pre-order. I hope it's really soon. I started saving!:shifty: