eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:sympathy: Woah. That's a bit of an overflow. I'm thrilled for the enthusiastic product release, but was hoping for a more considerate pacing plan. Considering that these could very well be in the $300 price range, $1500 is more than I can spend in one year on Muppets and I really want these. It's not that I can't afford them, but that pacing would require too many sacrifices for me in this current economy. The idea of such a rapid release causes me to reconsider purchasing Rizzo and Reporter Kermit in favor of saving up for Piggy and Pepe later on. That can't be what they want. This gives me anxiety, but I doubt they will keep this ambitious schedule.

Luke

Reaction score
Bryan has stated that although no dates are set, he has said these approx schedule(I cant see how they are going to release 5 in a bit over a year!)
Rizzo-Later this year
Reporter Kermit-early 2010
Miss Piggy-mid 2010
Pepe-Summer/Fall 2010
And wait for it....

FOZZIE-Late 2010!
I'm a lover of these as much as the next person but if thats the plan they've overestimated the market, they wouldn't get past Kermit. I thought these are the same people as Master Replicas?

If Rizzo is anything to go by i think these are going to come in at $300+. The materials used seem to be more closer to the puppets, plus the smaller edition size. Imagine the cost with Piggy or Fozzie but Rizzo prototype quality.

muppetguy

Reaction score
I'm really, really concerned with eFX starting with Rizzo. As good as he looks, I just can't imagine he's popular enough to start the line with. Let's face it, Kermit has an uphill climb because many of the collectors already have a fine version of him and Rizzo may not be the type of character folks are ready to spend $200+ on.

I have to say, I am not at all a huge fan of Rizzo...but on the other hand, seeing the pictures we've seen of the prototype...I have to say, if the price is decent, efx has my money.

Yes, I agree to an extent that it is up to popularity of a character. But, when you can sell someone to want to buy a character they aren't such a huge fan of, that's really good.

As far as I'm concerned, that is alot of posers in one year. I would hope they wouldn't be too expensive if they fall out like that. All I know is that I will be purchasing Rizzo, Piggy, Pepe and Fozzie. I really need to see Kermit, before I make that decision. I am very excited for all of these and am very grateful that efx picked up this awesome line of collectibles.

I also can't wait to see the new efx site with info on the puppets and pictures. Bryan, any approximate time arrival for the new website?

Luke

Reaction score
I think Rizzo has a lot more popularity, definitely being understimated. He's seen more now in the TV appearances and specials than Piggy or Fozzie is.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how they price these. I'd pay almost anything (within reason) for Fozzie and Piggy but I personally couldn't pay more than $200 for Rizzo or Pepe – they just aren't as indespensible for me.

My hope is that they come in at about that price but, judging from the quality of that Rizzo prototype, I'd expect they'll probably be a lot more.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Where did that schedule come from? They should really post that themselves.

If it's accurate, however, it would seem time might be a more disconcerting factor than cost. Rushing like that would only serve to disappoint fans if it's late and, more importantly, provide a time crunch for all five; it would be a shame if even one were to suffer due to limited production time.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Bryan has stated that although no dates are set, he has said these approx schedule(I cant see how they are going to release 5 in a bit over a year!)
Rizzo-Later this year
Reporter Kermit-early 2010
Miss Piggy-mid 2010
Pepe-Summer/Fall 2010
And wait for it....

FOZZIE-Late 2010!
Um...what now?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Where did that schedule come from? They should really post that themselves.

If it's accurate, however, it would seem time might be a more disconcerting factor than cost. Rushing like that would only serve to disappoint fans if it's late and, more importantly, provide a time crunch for all five; it would be a shame if even one were to suffer due to limited production time.
Different people have emailed Bryan asking about the releases of each character and have posted it within this forum.The thing is that it is not accurate.Bryan has said that there is no release dates yet, but just gave those dates as a rough guide, which is still subject to changes due to any unforseen delays.