Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

thankyouelmo

Reaction score
I am deeply saddened by todays news. I recently had the HONOR of seeing Kevin Clash at the University of Maryland with Elmo. My adult children and I had the most amazing afternoon together. Kevin was warm, sensitive to not ruin the Elmo mystique with the children. The world will not be the same without Kevin as Elmo. Kevin's Elmo cannot be replaced. Thank you Kevin for the many years of happiness you have given my children.

Thom

Reaction score
A truly sad day. Kevin was my mentor and I will always look up to him... no matter what anyone says. Ever.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I think the second accuser is full of crap! I don't think Kevin would have done any of those things he said he did! To the accusers, thanks a lot for destroying Kevin's lifelong dream and burning it to the ground! I still believe Kevin is innocent until there is real evidence against him.

I hope all his friends and colleagues still have love and support for Kevin despite of everything that's happened. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his friends and family. We love you and we will miss you, Kevin.

cjd874

Reaction score
I really hope you're not implying that the Jerry Sandusky allegations were made up, because there is an enormous amount of evidence showing that Sandusky used his charity, The Second Mile, and the position it gave him to have access to children. His position in the fabric of the community around Penn State, especially with their football program, basically prevented anyone from speaking out against him. It was a culture of silence.

I understand the point you're trying to make about Kevin Clash and accusers appearing out the woodwork, but I think that using the Jerry Sandusky case was a very poor comparison.
I understand your point, charlietheowl. There is still very little evidence in this case with Kevin, and most sources that we've seen have not been exactly trustworthy. :frown: Next time, I will try to consider what I say before I put it into words. Nevertheless, I am still very sad and bummed over this news. :cry:

CarlaMuppet

Reaction score
I love Kevin Clash He will be greatly missed and remember Elmo We love you too....PS Long Live Sesame Street

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Wow. This is sad! Very sad indeed! Elmo is one of my favorite characters, and I have a friend who is a big fan of Elmo. She's not going to be very happy about hearing that the man behind this wonderful character has resigned because of the accusations made against him. We're about to lose a beloved Muppet, one who is funny, one who is smart, one who is an integral part of Sesame Street!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If we, as Muppet Freaks, are taking this badly, and as others have pointed out, Tau Bennett is probably taking this hard as well, considering Kevin is his mentor and all, but there's someone else we kind of have to wonder about: how do you think Kevin's daughter Shannon is taking all of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.