Elmo teaches kids to manipulate???

Status
Not open for further replies.

superfan

Reaction score
Does anyone here see the irony that the MC HomePage is now Celebrating Kevin Clash...?

F

furryredmonster

I came here to see this topic. I think Im going to stick around, as long as Rose stops questioning my age, and saying I have to grow up mentally or w/e.

dedeldedel

Reaction score
Wow

I love SS and think its extreamly interesting to watch with my baby brother. I grew up with SS and like to see some of the changes- others bug me.
Does everyone always jump on rosewood and others when they expresses her opionions and ideas on making SS better ?? I have read threads from Bear, furyredbear and others that get pretty mean and yet no one has asked for their expulstion. I understand she reacted alittle inappropriatly but all of you have!! This thread exploded in negativaty and it was interesting to watch some of you even change sides and BASH rosewood. She has a valid concern, maybe some things are learned by watching and some by example but SS should aspire to teach impressionalble children the proper things in life!! All of you need to lighten up and learn about the value of opinions- THEY HELP US GROW! Even at my age I understand the need for varying opinions and how they help us re-evaluate our own ideas and thinking. I wont join in on the Bashing but we all need to look in the mirror and remeber what Jim would have wanted this to be about - THE LOVE of THE MUPPETS and SS!!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
LOOK EVERYBODY_ Either we're all innocent or we're all guilty. Lets just STOP this topic before heck really breaks loose! And by the way, I wasn't bashing Rose. What she did was WRONG,humiliating furryred. But she apologized. And that was good. Ok, Now lets just forgive & forget, please!

dedeldedel

Reaction score
Silly

anythingmuppet said:
Actually, If Furry wants to say anything at all about his opinion of elmo,most times Rose chases him out and publicly humiliates him. She should be given a temp. ban or if willing a permaban, of course I'm going to leave this thread now so its up to the mods and admins.
WOW----You claim Rosewood is cold - you change your opinion as the wind blows!!
First you join her and go even farther to tick off furryredbear by cutting down poor elmo - then condem her when Bear or furryredbear start to complain. WOW I love the saying "If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen". Lets get back to basics and talk about SS and the Muppets and quit the bickering. No idea or growth ever occured with out adversity!! Learn from each other dont try to distroy thought and the sharing of ideas. Be willing to learn, grow and tolerate and you will all be better for it.........

Labyrinth Fairy

Reaction score
*confused*

okay, let's think here people. *sighs* okay, elmo, seasme street, kevin, or whoever did not teach kids to get there way. I guess I am saying this because I am the youngest, so yeah I get my way most of the time :smile: anyway that was cold of what you said, rose, but, you apologized. furryed, (I hope that is your name) you had a right to get offended, but I hope you're ok. I know the Cookie Monster's real! (because my boyfriend calls himself that) haha. elmo's a cool kid, (er........muppet haha). but like you people said, he is only popular because little kids (mostly) love him! btw I was big bird for halloween when I was four! LOL! (sorry that was off topic) :smile:

Rosewood

Reaction score
"What I meant was......"

furryredmonster said:
I came here to see this topic. I think Im going to stick around, as long as Rose stops questioning my age, and saying I have to grow up mentally or w/e.
Dear furryred,
I sincerely apologize for comming across to you the way I did. That was never my intention. I wish to clear up some missunderstandings here. When I made the statement that implied to you that I was questioning your age, that was not what I was trying to say. What I was trying to say was this: we are talking to each other over a computer website. And although we may at times feel that we realy "know" each other, in reality, none of us (except mabey the forum heads) realy know each other from Adam. Thats why we are allowed to have the forum names we are known by. For example: I'm pretty sure a person who's forum name is, say, something like "Miss Piggy", does not have that name printed on their birth certificate. The same goes for other "personal information" any one puts in their file, including address, likes and dislikes, and, yes, even age. A person can join a forum, claiming to be a man, when they are actually a woman! Who's going to know? The same goes for age and the like. When I made the statement "If you truely are the age you are (or older)", I was simply acknowledging the fact that I have no way of proving that you realy are who or what you say you are.
Now for the mentality part. I never meant to imply at all that you are mentally immature in any way. In fact, in the past I have actually complimented you on the fact that you could possibly be the age you are and possibly know as much as you do, and I meant that sincerely. When I was your age, I can guarantee I was probably not as mentally advanced as you are now. When I made the statement of " physically maturing being unavoidable, but mentally maturing being an option" I was simply trying to "eloquently" state that it is an individuals personal choice when they decide weather to look at things with an open mind or not. And I never meant to imply that you see things one way or the other. That is not my place or right to do; but if you feel I was, please accept my apology and know that was never what I meant. We obviously have our differences in how we view Elmo. I offer to make a truce here. I will promise to make any future references I make of Elmo open and unbiased, if you will agree to stop labeling anyone who says anything even slightly negative about the little red guy as an "Elmo Hater". Agreed?

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
:cry: ok fine deldel whatever I'm tired of this sorry for having a change of opinion more than once :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.