Elmo teaches kids to manipulate???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEAR

Reaction score
dedeldedel said:
I love SS and think its extreamly interesting to watch with my baby brother. I grew up with SS and like to see some of the changes- others bug me.
Does everyone always jump on rosewood and others when they expresses her opionions and ideas on making SS better ?? I have read threads from Bear, furyredbear and others that get pretty mean and yet no one has asked for their expulstion. I understand she reacted alittle inappropriatly but all of you have!! This thread exploded in negativaty and it was interesting to watch some of you even change sides and BASH rosewood. She has a valid concern, maybe some things are learned by watching and some by example but SS should aspire to teach impressionalble children the proper things in life!! All of you need to lighten up and learn about the value of opinions- THEY HELP US GROW! Even at my age I understand the need for varying opinions and how they help us re-evaluate our own ideas and thinking. I wont join in on the Bashing but we all need to look in the mirror and remeber what Jim would have wanted this to be about - THE LOVE of THE MUPPETS and SS!!
I have not done any bashing here whatsoever so I don't know why you single me out. All I have done is defend Furryredmonster. I am not against Rose having her opinions. We all have them here. But it was the demeaning remarks she has made to others that were inappropriate that have had nothing to do with the initial topic. Just petty stuff. All I have done is defend those innocent people who were being slapped in the face for no reason.

BEAR

Reaction score
Rose, even though this thread has not been active since the day I went out of town a week ago and therefore it seems to be pretty much done and finished, i have read your post and I will go back and check your references made to try and understand what you mean.

BEAR

Reaction score
Okay, Rosewood. I have gone through all of the references you made regarding my posts and I still don't quite understand what you are getting at. There wasn't anything cold or mean about any of what I said in those posts that I can see. Of course, you could be reading them wrong, but its pretty straight forward to me.

Part of what are you are saying is that my opinion or responses on similar topics go back and forth. Not true. They remain consistant. For example, in my post regarding the alphabet cd, I am not bashing Elmo. I was simply stating how I didn't like the decision for him to sing a certain song and that he should have had his own.

When i responded to Boober about how Elmo dominates the screen, well...he does! But I never complained about it or even stated that it was a negative thing. So what are you getting at. I would like to know so that we can understand each other. You seem to be the only one that is being bothered by it. Lets figure this out so that we can move on, because I have not done anything to you since that one time early on. Since then, I feel I have been pretty fair.

Rosewood

Reaction score
"Nothing cold or mean???????

BEAR said:
Okay, Rosewood. I have gone through all of the references you made regarding my posts and I still don't quite understand what you are getting at. There wasn't anything cold or mean about any of what I said in those posts that I can see. Of course, you could be reading them wrong, but its pretty straight forward to me.

Part of what are you are saying is that my opinion or responses on similar topics go back and forth. Not true. They remain consistant. For example, in my post regarding the alphabet cd, I am not bashing Elmo. I was simply stating how I didn't like the decision for him to sing a certain song and that he should have had his own.

When i responded to Boober about how Elmo dominates the screen, well...he does! But I never complained about it or even stated that it was a negative thing. So what are you getting at. I would like to know so that we can understand each other. You seem to be the only one that is being bothered by it. Lets figure this out so that we can move on, because I have not done anything to you since that one time early on. Since then, I feel I have been pretty fair.
Wow bear!
If this is truely how you feel, than you sure have a one-sided way of seeing things. As for what I'm getting at, I'm simply going to let all the references I made speak for themselves, and let those who chose to read them make their own conclusion. As for me, I already have "figured this out" and "moved on". (Interperate that however you want). Any more personal references I have to make to you, or anyone else in this forum, (Following this final remark) will simply be made in the "personal files" (where they should have been made in the first place). Like I said before, I'm through playing this pointless game. I thought this forum was made to encourage optomistic, constructive discussions about Jim Henson, the Muppets, and subjects related to them. From here out, any personal attacks, made at me or anyone else, that I happen to feel are even worth responding to, will be left in the hands of the Moderators. This respectable forum has fallen prey to some pretty nasty stabs that are going to take some time to heal. Lets cut all this nonsense of of self-appointing ourselves as "peace makers", "mediators", and
"Defenders of the Helpless" and start producing some posts and threads that are actually worthy of discussion! :attitude:

BEAR

Reaction score
Rose,
I checked those posts I made again in the respectful threads. The ones you specifically mentioned. There was no attack at anyone in those posts whatsoever. I remember writing those and they were in friendly debate/discussion. It is really bugging that you think so, because I truly don't see it. It would be nice if you could let me know exactly how it offends you personally so that i can be more careful in the future. Maybe it just comes across that way to you. I dunno. If that is the case I am sorry it hurts you. However, if you read it a certain way maybe you are missing something. Information or a joke you don't understand. Sometimes those get strewed. Not to justify anything, just trying to see how you could have pulled anything rude or nasty or harmful from those specific posts. As far as I know, I have only unecessarily offended you or insulted in that first post you made. I saw my fault and apologized. We move on. It seems you are still upset by that and not letting it go, as I have not directly attacked you in any way i am aware of. I am not a bad man. I believe in much of what Jim Henson and his vision represent as many others here can back me up on. If anything has upset you, I need to know exactly what because I don't always know. Things get mis read here all the time. So please take that into consideration. It seems to me like this has to do with a you and me issue and nothing else. For some reason we are butting heads. This has only been brought about again due to the issue with Furryred. I was merely protecting him because he was feeling hurt and publically embarassed him. Thats it. I didn't say anything about you that is meant to be vicious or insulting. If I did, please copy it and send me a quote or link. Again, I am not that stubborn and I am able to recognize if I am wrong about something. I truly don't understand what I have done recently to make you cause this scene.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm stepping out of the fan/friend mode because I'm a moderator here and I need to speak up:

Firstly, the posts that were made at the beginning of this thread described a skit. While someone didn't see the skit, they did take into consideration the description of that skit and made an observation. Then came the "attack," for which an apology came. I saw a few recants on different things that people were saying; then came the posts where someone had not read the thread yet but posted an opinion.

SUGGESTION: Always read the whole thread before posting an opinion. Sometimes a resolve or an answer might already have happened and by making a post of your opinion--which may be late by the time you make it--you can cause a thread to disintegrate into flaming.

I also saw where folks were trying to just say anything to get off the topic of the argument, only to be responded to with more negative posts. Don't do that. Try to figure out who the peace-keepers are by their posts that, while insignificant or weird, are sometimes there to change someone's mind about arguing. It's an attempt to be helpful and it would help if we played along sometimes--especially when it's an attempt to stop arguments.

Also, I don't read every single thread in these forums. I can't. No time. Don't just post in the threads for one to be closed to stop an argument, email or PM me a link and a description so I, as your moderator, can make better judgements over what needs to be done.

I do NOT want to hear of personal e-mails being sent to each other that continue arguments. If you have a problem with someone on these boards, I want you to PM me or e-mail ME, send me a description of the disagreement and links to the particular posts and let me intervene. You can also e-mail Phillip@muppetcentral.com.

Seriously, gang! We're much better than this. We're a fan-based community which is like a family. Sure, we're going to disagree at points, but there's better ways to do it than I've seen in this message board. There's better ways to do it than arguing and leaving the boards. Sometimes all it takes is to leave the argument behind and let it go!! Get your moderators involved! It's simple enough.

I'm closing this thread. It isn't very definitive of the members on this board or of what the message of Jim Henson is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.