Elmo thread

dcfboss

Reaction score
I remember seeing Elmo on "Follow that Bird" He popped his head out of the window when big bird came back to sesame street....i think that was in '85...i was only 2 but i remembered cuz they showed follow that bird on cable the other morning...lol

Hays

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think it's Richard's Elmo on the "One Fine Face" clip with Ernie. The voice is slightly different, as is the puppet - he started out a little scruffier looking.

ssetta

Reaction score
Actually, Elmo was originally performed by someone named Brian Muehl, but he wasn't called Elmo until later. I think Richard may have performed him for a year or 2, but that's pretty much it. The original Elmo can also be seen in "Me Lost Me Cookie At The Disco". And also, "We Are All Monsters". From what I understand, the "We Are All Monsters" skit originally had the red monster voiced by Brian Muehl. And before the song started, he actually said, "and he doesn't look like me." Then when he was given a name, Kevin Clash dubbed in Elmo's new voice, and inserted the name Elmo into that phrase.