Emmet Otter Special Edition coming to DVD

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Beaver was my second guess, b/c of his buck teeth. That and there's a woodchuck in there, Yancey, who sings "Barbecue", and he looks nothing like Harvey. Also figures that with all the other kinds of animals in there, they couldn't be devoid of beavers.

But at least I was right about Charlie. Anyone remember if he's mentioned as Hettie's boy, or was that my imagination/inference?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I think it may have been said in the original book. I'm not sure if the special refers to them as relatives.

Oliver

Reaction score
Why doesn't someoine start a petition or letter writing campaign to Hit! and try to get as many signatures as possible to let them know that they are not handling this properly? They are obviously trying to reach the fans with this announcement but upsetting them at the same time enough that the target demographic that Hit! sees for this release will likely pass on it due to the context of its release. We should force Hit! to spend the extra money towards licensing the FULL special if they expect us to support their ventures. Let them put this off for a few months and rake in some more revenue with their Fraggle Rock set to help if they are concerned about costs. I can't believe that Disney would make a big issue of this, it's not worth much to them as they can't do anything with these segments. To most people, Kermit was an extension of Jim Henson's gentle personality and the fact that his character was used in so many specials asd narrator and host is more significant to the fans and the production than Hit! obviously cares to recognize. Somebody should contact them and inquire about this decision, direct them to this forum if necessary. Afterall, MuppetCentral played a very big role in the release of the Fraggle Rock boxsets and is one of the most recognized online communities of fans and supporters around. Rather than complain and say we're not interested in this release, we should do something to get it changed before it's too late...

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Oliver said:
Why doesn't someoine start a petition or letter writing campaign to Hit! and try to get as many signatures as possible to let them know that they are not handling this properly? They are obviously trying to reach the fans with this announcement but upsetting them at the same time enough that the target demographic that Hit! sees for this release will likely pass on it due to the context of its release. We should force Hit! to spend the extra money towards licensing the FULL special if they expect us to support their ventures. Let them put this off for a few months and rake in some more revenue with their Fraggle Rock set to help if they are concerned about costs. I can't believe that Disney would make a big issue of this, it's not worth much to them as they can't do anything with these segments. To most people, Kermit was an extension of Jim Henson's gentle personality and the fact that his character was used in so many specials asd narrator and host is more significant to the fans and the production than Hit! obviously cares to recognize. Somebody should contact them and inquire about this decision, direct them to this forum if necessary. Afterall, MuppetCentral played a very big role in the release of the Fraggle Rock boxsets and is one of the most recognized online communities of fans and supporters around. Rather than complain and say we're not interested in this release, we should do something to get it changed before it's too late...

well, its to late nowand... IT WILL never work! :smirk: just sayin.....

fozziegod

Reaction score
I am confused

:confused: How could they call it a re-release if they cut out Kermit's scenes? So does disney now own Kermit and does this mean that any company that gets thier hands on a muppet movie and wants to release it must now cut out everything that disney owns???? Could we raise an uproar and fundraise to get ownership back with the Henson family?????

Help I'm lost

Erine81981

Reaction score
Disney owns all the Muppet stuff. Everything Muppets. Sesame Workshop owns Sesame Street and Henson Company owns all the other Muppet stuff. Like Fraggle Rock, Emmet Otter and Jug Band Christmas, The Christmas Toy and other speicals. Don't get to upset. There are people who have the tapes they can trade for lost stuff that won't ever be the same. I'm getting the uncut of a bunch of Muppet speicals so I can still relive the old Muppets and Kermit still being in the speicals. Some else can explain a little better then me.

DrSpryte

Reaction score
Guess what I found in a store early? and of course I bought it. heh heh
I wasnt about to tell them they put it out early.

Yes I was originally upset when I first heard that kermit wasnt going to make his 2 appearances, but as they arent actually part of the story, I figured it wouldnt hurt anything. and I was right. This disc is AWSOME. I love the special features. they more than make up for Kermit being MIA.

Special Features:

Sing-a-Long - Sing karaoke style to the song "Brothers" as its perforemed by the Jug Band.

Bloopers (aka Outtakes) - A few adlibs and mishaps. (Watch for the very funny "DrumRoll" scene.)

Emmet Otter's Favorite Tunes - Takes you directly to each song in the movie.
- The Bathing suit that grandma otter wore
- When there ain't no hole in the washtub
- When the river meets the sea
- Bar-B-Que
- Our World
- Brothers
- River Bottem Nightmare
- Our World/Brothers
- Where the river meets the sea (reprise)

Alternate / Deleted Scenes
- Intro
- Expanded Laundry Delivery Scene (listen for Ma's comment)
- Original "Ain't no hole in the washtub"
- "Better fill harrison, We're off to a shaky start"
- Abridged reprise of "When the river meets the sea"

Photo Gallery - 106 total photos (78 stills, 28 sketches)

The Lost Song - Paul Williams presents the Lost Song "Born in a Trunk" (sung by Marilyn Sokol)

Behind the Scenes Documentary
- Beginnings
- Secret Weapon
- The world on a String
- Frogtown Hollow
- The Performers
- Two Ma Otters
- Music
- The Lost Song (see above comments)
- "A Drumroll, Please" (My personal favorite part of this entire disc)
- Fearless Leader
- A Classic
- End Credits

---------------

Chapter search - There are only 8 chapters to the entire show

--------------

Trailers - Previews of other DVDs availiable
- Barney
- Toddworld
- Bob the Builder
- The Wiggles
- Jim Henson's Animal Jam
- Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock
- Frances (a new henson production for 2006)

---------------

Overall I was very impressed with this "Collectors Edition" I enjoyed many of the special features, especially the many takes of "Drumroll, please" I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes, although it may be a puppeteer thing. heh heh
I do miss having Kermit introduce the story, and his appearance in the middle. but since he wasnt actually part of the story this DVD doesnt lose that much by his absence.

Again my favorite feature is the "Behind the Scenes" I love watching interviews with the Henson cast and crew, as well as seeing video and pictures of the puppeteers actually at work.

I strongly urge everyone to go out and purchase this as soon as possible, it is worth it. Not only is it a great Holiday classic, its a Jim Henson Classic.

Here are some links to a couple images I took.

The Disc itself

Back of the case

Box and Disc together