Ever Noticed.....

Ryan

Reaction score
No, he represents the physcological age of 4, he's not actually 4.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Grover is Age 4

I remember a biograpy/profile thing about him in a Sesame Street Magazine years ago and it stated "Age: 4" and the '4' was written in crayon as if he had filled out the information.

FOZ

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I remember a biograpy/profile thing about him in a Sesame Street Magazine years ago and it stated "Age: 4" and the '4' was written in crayon as if he had filled out the information.
Well, if that was years ago, maybe he grew older since then, unlike Big Bird who is always six years old every time he has a birthday. Just a thought.

Another thought: If Grover really is 4, I think that Fat Blue should complain to the restraunt's management that he has a 4-year-old taking his order all the time.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Then again, maybe Monsters age differently than humans. Kind of like Dogs who age 7 years to our 1, or turtles who live forever!

Thijs

Reaction score
I think that those magazines are for the smallest kids, and so they represent Grover as a 4 years old child. But some Sesame Street items are meant for somewaht older kids; the restaurant sketches for instance. A 2-year old kid doesnt even know what a restaurant is. So in Sesame Street, Grover is an adult.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foreignman
Did you ever notice how unfrog-like Kermit is?
kind of. well, he's green and his eye's are on the top of his head and he has flippers. but he wasn't always a frog, he was once just a puppet, then they decided he should be a frog when they wanted to do a puppet movie for The Frog Prince.

i have realized that he barely hops, he walks alot, and i've never seen a frog walk or crawl.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've seen frogs crawl, and crawling is one step away from walking (get the pun?!), so maybe Kermit got past his crawling and went to walking as he was just getting out of tadpole stage; he did do a whole song once called Do Wop Hop on SS. Maybe he hops offscreen?

I still think that Grover is 4 in monster years.

Natalie

Reaction score
I thought a lot of the SS characters were little kids, so anything adult that they do is probably for the adult audience SS used to be also geared towards. Also, about that "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along" post, I was always so confused how Rowlf and Kermit could sing together, I thought it was cool though.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

It has something to do with dubbing. Jim was performing each character at a different time or something like that. Chilly Down could tell you more.