Ever Noticed.....

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I know lots, okay maybe not lots, but some people who seem like their psychologically age 4. If he was like a dog, he'd be 28 though, right?

If Grover is psychologically age 4, how old is Elmo? Some sort of negative numbers? Grover has a much larger and more developed vocabulary.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Ernie's a kid-like-adult, like Spongebob. the books show him in kindergarten cuz the writers dont know the TRUTH!!! Bert's for sure an adult.

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets
Ernie's a kid-like-adult, like Spongebob. the books show him in kindergarten cuz the writers dont know the TRUTH!!! Bert's for sure an adult.
so maybe Bert is Ernie`s father? Or uncle. Or Ernie is adopted by Bert.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ernie and Bert are supposedly the same age, just very mature, for their age. I mean, I still play with a rubber duckie. So, I guess I'm 'immature' for my age!?

FOZ

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Ernie and Bert are supposedly the same age, just very mature, for their age. I mean, I still play with a rubber duckie. So, I guess I'm 'immature' for my age!?

FOZ
Yeah, and we both watch Sesame Street :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Just because we have seen the literal destruction of Sesame Street stuff merch wise into this FP 'Sesame Baby' stuff(look to Japan for the real Sesame collector market)...as well as all those kid's books...I would surmise, just like a lot of the classic Muppets, some of the Sesame gang are adults.

For instance, the Count and Cookie(and I forget what others)
drive in Follow that Bird. Now obviously Muppets like Elmo, Zoe, Tutter, Treelo, Robin, etc are kids. But Grover is questionable...and Bert and Ernie...well, not sure.

Then again it wasnt til a few years ago I realized Bird Bird is spose to be a boy. There is nothing in my endless viewing hours of Sesame growing up that indicated to me he was a boy, but whatever.

To that note...I still say the best Sesame Muppet right now is Telly. It is a **** shame for the performer and Telly fans he's stuck on Sesame...I really think he has this kind of break through potential. I mean because of fan's and peopels perception of Sesame, a lot have either passed up or dismissed automatically characters on there. But Im telling ya, in my book: Telly is right up there with Pepe, Joe the Armadillo, Mo Frackle, and other popular and overlooked characters I feel exude a strong sense of originality and fun.

wockawocka

Reaction score
Good, thanks for answering my question, that's what I thought. Yeah, Bert can't be Ernie's dad! They're the same age! And they're best friends and they're complete opposites!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
ever noticed that on Christmas Eve On Sesame Street, Bob wishes Mr. Hooper a happy chanukah, but on December 24, Chanukah is long since over?