Fan Fic - And what is on the other side...?

Beth C

Reaction score
All I can say is.. Wow.

Great job Beau! I'm glad I'm not the only one posting now. I didn't see much fan fic and that is one reason I started posting my story.

But yours is great too.. you really have a talent for it and I LOVE Robin!!!

Very well done, I can't wait for more!

~Beth C

Beauregard

Reaction score
Part four for your reading:

__

Part fourty river-reeds would you please:

(*)(*)(*)(*)

FOUR YEAR’S BEFORE THE BEGINING OF THIS STORY

“But can it be done?” Beauregard asked.

Beaker tut-tutted, meeped a couple of times, and walked around the edge of the Muppet’s Lab’s desk. “Meep, meeper, meep, meepy,” he said.

Beauregard sighed, and folded up the diagrams he had laid out on the desk. It was so simple. Why couldn’t Beaker do it for him? After all, he could make edible paper-clips, and turn gold into cottage-cheese. Why not this?

“Meeper, meep, meepy.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Beau said. “You already said that.”

Beaker pointed at one of the tubes of steamy bubbling red liquid. “Meepy, meeper, mou.”

“Yes, but why not this?”

“Meep, meepyous.”

“To dangerous?”

“Meep!”

“Oh well,” Beauregard sighed and looked down at the dusty floor. It was covered in little black hole from acidic spillages. “But Beaker, I have to. Please, can’t you try?”

“Moop.”

Beauregard kicked the desk with his foot, and then hopped up and down. “Ow, ow, ow…” he said, and Beaker laughed.

“That’s all I’m good at, isn’t it?” Beau said aloud without meaning to, “Making people laugh at how stupid I am.” He thumped his fist down on the folded diagrams.

“Fine,” he said. “If you won’t help, Beaker, I’ll take it to the top.”

“Excuse me Kermit.”

Kermit looked up from the weekly report he was working on. “Yes, Beau. What can I do for you?”

Beauregard gulped. “I work hard, right?”

“Er, yeah. Is that all, because I’m kind’a busy…?” Kermit indicated the pile of props he had to put away, the report he had to write out for his brother, (Robin’s father), and the menu he had to go through for the dinner he had reluctantly agreed to go to with Piggy.

“Oh. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you.”

Kermit turned back to the report. “No, no. It’s fine. I don’t mind…”

“Ok then. Can you do me a favour?”

“What?” Kermit looked back up. “Beau? Are you still here?”

“Yeah, I thought you said…?”

“Er, yes, but I didn’t mean it. Can you go ask someone else? As I said, I’m busy, and you, listen, Beau, you’re not even a star. You’re just a stage hand. I have enough on my plate with Piggy, at the moment.”

Beau’s face fell. “Ok,” he said. “No problem. I’ll just…go away. Thanks for your time.” He turned and wondered away from the desk, the diagrams slipping from his brown paws onto the floor.

A few minutes later, Beaker walked through the backstage. He stepped on the diagram rolls, and looked down. “Meeep, meeper,” he said, and picked them up. He stuffed them into the pocket of his lab coat and walked off.

Bunsen fixed the spinning plate to the back of the rotating disk, and slotted the cheese grater into place. “Er, yes, Beaker, what can I do for you? Can you pass me the thingamyjig?”

“Meeper, mop, meepy.”

“No, not that one, the other one, thanks. Sorry, what was that? Did you say, ‘Beauregard?’ What about him?”

Beaker nodded that yes, he had said ‘Beauregard’, and then passed Bunsen the double barrelled riffle with the knife and fork twisted around its handle. He preferred not to ask what such things were used for. “Meeping meeps,” he said.

“Upset? Oh dear. Hey, Beeks, could you hand me that Grease? No, no, the movie, yes that’s it, thanks.”

Beaker handed him a copy of Grease, and Bunsen started pulling the tape out from inside, wrapping it around his new devise to hold it together. “Meep, meep, meep, mee, mee, mou, mee, meep, mou, mou, mee.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, so you couldn’t do it.”

Beaker shook his head sadly. “Meep, meep, mou.”

“Never mind. Hand me the rag. Thank you.” Bunsen wiped his fingers, and walked around to the front of the engine. “Hand me that banana.”

“Meep mee?”

“What for? I’m going to eat it you stupid assistant.”

“Meep, meep, meeeee.”

“I see.” Bunsen bent over and stuck his head under the machine. “Hand me the wire, Beaker. Did you say you still have his diagrams?”

“Meep, meep.” Beaker pulled the rolls out of his pocket, and handed them to Bunsen.

Bunsen took his head out from under the machine, and looked over them. “Not too bad,” he said. “Pretty good drawings. Just needs changing, here, here, and here, oh and here, there, and over there.” Bunsen sat down and started scribbling furiously on Beauregard’s design. “A little tweak there, and a fiddle that round there, and bingo!” He handed the papers back to Beaker.

“Meep! Meep!”

“Yes, of course that would work. Now where’s that wire? Oh there. Would you plug this wire into the plug?”

Bunsen handed the banana to Beaker instead of the wire by mistake, then he took a bite, out of the wire. “Chewy banana this,” he said, as Beaker plugged the actual banana into the socket.

There was a loud bang and the smell of banana fritters, and smoke filled the Muppet Lab.

“Oh well,” Bunsen could be heard saying over Beaker’s coughs. “At least we now know that bananas make excellent electricity conductors.”

Beauregard sat on the rough wooden porch of the Muppet Boarding House with his head in his hands. So far, nothing had gone right. Would it ever? He had no idea…

Party_Animal

Reaction score
wonderful, I seem to be repeating myself though I can't seem to think of anything else. :excited:

SarahFraggle

Reaction score
Party_Animal said:
wonderful, I seem to be repeating myself though I can't seem to think of anything else. :excited:
I'm sorry that was me, I wasn't paying attention and used my sisters name. :embarrassed:

Beth C

Reaction score
*Falls down on floor laughing*

*Reads the part about Beaker and the banana again*

*Laughs again and falls off chair*

Oh man, this is exactly what I needed today. My daughter is going to LOVE this part. She's got like 4 stuffed Beakers already.

Wonderful job, keep the story coming. I canit wait to read more.

~Beth C

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey thanks. I have to write some more though....

Hopefully I'll get some more done this afternoon.

Not sure exactly where this is going though.....

Beauregard

Reaction score
Still, FOUR YEARS AGO

*****​

“Meep, meep, mou!”

“Do what?” Beau asked.

“Meep, meep, mou!”

“Oh, come with you. Why?”

“Meeping!”

“Show me something? O-K.”

Beauregard put down the hammer, and gave a quick wave to the lady in charge of finishing the changes to the boarding house, before following Beaker through the rubbish filled front room, and down to the all-finished lab located underground, in the old basement.

“Why, Mr Beauregard, sir. I’m so glad you came,” Bunsen said, coming towards him with an outstretched hand. “With just a little tiny few changes to your diagrams and we have created a marvellous Rainbow maker.”

Beauregard’s lower jaw hit the floor. “You actually built my rainbow maker?”

“Oh, yes indeed, but I don’t know that it is entirely safe.”

“But, but, but…”

“Still, we can certainly show you. Just press this red button on the top of the spherical gadget, and poof instant rainbow, and, most importantly, there is not a drop of rain! Go ahead, and press it.”

Beauregard hung back a second and then extended his brown paw. He let it hover above the red button as if touching it would suddenly prove that it was just a dream, and not real. But it was. Beauregard slammed his paw down hard on the button, and a huge graceful arch of a rainbow bloomed through the air.

Beauregard stepped back and stared with awe at the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. And then, before he could change his mind, he took a running leap and threw himself into the rainbow disappearing with a sparkle of colours and shapes.

*****​

Mrs Nancy stood with her hands on her pink hips, and looked up at the indigo sky. “You’re such an old fool,” she said in her cranky voice. “No one is going to fall out of the sky.”

Mr Regard squinted against the violet sun, and had to agree with Mrs Nancy, yet he had felt so sure that the sky was giving him a message. Mrs Regard, threw him a look that told him everything, and then she turned on her heal and marched away followed by Mrs Nancy.

“Oh dear,” Mr Regard said, running a paw through his thick bard, and leaning on his wooden stick. “I guess, life goes on.”

Then he heard a sound like a huge piece of paper being ripped across the middle, and a dark shape covered the sun, before bursting through and falling towards the ground. Finally he could make out the brown shape as being Beauregard. His son was back.

Beauregard fell from the sky and hit into a thick patch of grass in the meadow. He looked up dazedly and his eyes tried to focus on the picture of his father hovering over him. “Gonzo,” Beauregard said, “Would have loved that.”

Then he passed out.

Later, Beauregard, Mr Regard, and Mrs Regard were sat in front of a fast burning wood fire. Mrs Regard was ignoring Mr Regard, but he didn’t care, he was so intent on talking to Beau.

“Tell me,” he said. “Have you enjoyed being out there?”

“Oh yes,” Beau said. “I’m in show business, and…”

The living room door slammed open and Mrs Nancy stood silhouetted against the outside sun. Her face was covered in a vicious glare, and her eyes were flashing. “Indeed you are,” she said. “So, I have seen.”

“You?!” Mr Regard said, jumping up from the chair, and propelling himself across the room towards him with his stick. “What are you doing here?”

Mrs Nancy pushed past him, shoving him out of the way with a flick of her pink wrist. “I’m not talking to you,” she said, and she gave Beau a thick sarcastic smile. “I’m talking to him.” She pointed at him with a red fingernail. “The big failure of Raenbu.”

Beauregard tired to speak, but no words came out. Mr Regard positioned himself between the two of them. “What are you saying, Mrs Nancy?” he asked.

Her gaze struck deep into him. “I thought I said…”

“I don’t care,” Mr Regard shouted. “IF you have something against my son, you take it up with ME!”

“Beautinglroth,” Mrs Nancy said, addressing him. “Is it not true that your father, Mr Tinglroth, served on the Raenbu council before me?”

“Yes, he was very powerful in Raenbu.”

“And are you not aware that I replaced him a long, long time ago?”

“Yes.”

“And are you or are you not aware that I am even more powerful than he was?”

As Mr Beautinglroth Regard looked into Mrs Nancy’s red-lined eyes, he realised that she wasn’t going to budge an inch. She obviously had something against Beauregard, and trying to stop her wouldn’t help.

“Beauregard!” Mrs Nancy said, turning back to him. “Is it not true that where you live now, everyone laughs at you all the time?”

“Not all the time…”

“And am I right in thinking that you had a hugely exciting part in The Great Muppet Caper?”

“Well, I…”

“I thought you played a dumb, thick, dense, unintelligent, dim, brainless, dull, stupid taxi driver? Is that true?”

“I…guess….”

“And did you not get laughed at because of your stupidly stupid little ‘red-hand’ jokes?”

“Yes….”

“Well then, because you have left our town, and because you have not proven yourself worthy of being out there while you were gone, you are being sent by the council back to the other side of the rainbow, and if you ever, ever, ever, set paw in Raenbu again until you have proven yourself worthy to come back, we will KILL YOU!” Mrs Nancy was getting angrier, and angrier, and her last few words left her mouth with drops of spittle that plopped against the stone floor of the house.

Beau looked from Mr Regard, to Mrs Nancy, and then to his mother who returned his gaze without blinking. “Do you really want me to go?” he asked.

“YES!” Mrs Nancy screamed.

“Yes,” his mother said. “Until you prove yourself.”

“Noo!” Beau’s father shouted, but then the council guards burst into the house…

*****​

A long time later (at least, to Mr Regard it seemed a long time, but it could have been days or years, no one could tell in Raenbu) Mr Beautinglroth Regard stood staring up at the indigo sky, hoping, wishing, somehow praying that his son would return. One day Beauregard would prove himself worthy. He must. And then he could come back to Raenbu, where he belonged.

It was just then that there was a sound of ripping, and a small green frog fell out of the sky landing onto of Mr Regard. As the two struggled to there feet, Robin grinned.

“Gonzo,” he said, “Would have loved that.”

TO BE CONTINUED...