Fan Fic - And what is on the other side...?

Whatever

Reaction score
Beau, I'm not going to be happy until I find out how this winds up! I love it! :smile:

Beebers

Reaction score
Fabulous.

A thin trickle of sleek rain . . . (chapter two)

nice writing, good imagery, great story through and through.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey thanks, Beebers, thanks Whatever, thanks again SaraFraggle, and BabyAnimal

__

Beep, thankers, what thanker, again Sara FragFanker, and AabyBinormal.

Beauregard

Reaction score
THREE MONTHS BEFORE BEAU’S STAGE DISASTER

Kermit grabbed his trench coat, and hat, and made a dash into the dripping rain outside the boarding house. The taxi had arrived late, as usual, and Piggy and Rowlf were already waiting for him. The Sesame guys probably wouldn’t let them in until he arrived.

Kermit climbed into the taxi, and leant forward. “Sesame Street please,” he said.

“Right away, Mr Kermit, sir,” the driver said, turning around. “By the way, I just wanted to say, I’m a real big fan of your work.”

“Really? Oh thanks.”

“Yeah, and I wondered if I could get your autograph. Would that be, ok?”

“Er, sure, but can you wait until we get there?”

“Yeah, right. Ok. Right away, Mr Kermit, sir.” The driver started the engine, and then turned around in his seat again. “Where did you say we were going?”

“Sesame Street!” Kermit tried hard not to shout.

“Right away, Mr Kermit, sir. Oh, did I tell you, I’m a real big fan of yours….”

“Morning Kermit!” said Elmo, as Kermit walked past him, heading up Sesame Street about half an hour later.

“Morning Kermit,” said Big Bird, as Kermit passed his nest a few minutes after that.

“Good Morning frog!”

Kermit gave Snuffy a quick wave, and then turned off the street into what was, supposedly, Maria’s house. The Count was stood near the doorway, with his hands clasped together behind his back. “Ah, good morning, Mr Kermit. I’m glad you’re here, these people won’t give me a raise.”

“A raise?”

“You know, von pay check, plus von five present pay rise, equals von bigger pay check, ah, ah, ah.”

“Er, yeah.” Kermit glanced around worriedly for the lightning.

“Don’t vorry, Kermit, the special effects guys are having the day off.”

“Oh. Great. Listen, have you seen a lady pig and a brown dog?”

“Ah yes, von pig and von dog.”

“Where?”

“They were over at the Fix-It store, but then Miss Piggy decided to get in front of the camera and have a cameo. She’s being held by security over there.” The Count pointed, and his cloak scurried in the light breeze.

“Er, thanks, Count. I’ll go find her.”

“No problem, anything for the frog.” Cont von Count gave Kermit a ‘thumbs-up’ and Kermit headed back down onto the street soundstage.

“God like with your pay rise,” Kermit said.

“Thank you, ah, ah, ah.” This time there was lightning. “Oh, sorry about that,” the Count said, “It was yesterday the Special FX guys had off.”

After much searching, Kermit finally located Miss Piggy by sound.

“Get your hands off me, you, you swine! Moi was just trying to get some ratings for your second class kids show.”

Kermit shuddered. Piggy didn’t sound very pleased. “Piggy?”

“Oh, Kermie! Tell these security block-heads, I’m here to have a cameo.”

“Actually,” Kermit said, stepping across some camera wires, and weaving his way towards where Piggy was sat under guard. “Actually, you are here just to look around.”

“But, but, but…”

“The frog is right,” said Rowlf, conveniently arriving at that moment. “We shouldn’t fight for center stage. Elmo did that, now look where he is.”

“Elmo, can hear you,” came a sweet voice from a short distance away. “Elmo loves you. Not. Elmo going to teach big dog how to say sorry.”

Luckily, Maria chose that moment to go and talk to Elmo, and Rowlf stayed unharmed.

Kermit had a little talk with security and they let Piggy go on the condition that she kept herself to herself. After Kermit had edged Piggy and Rowlf away to the side of the sound stage, he found a stall, and sat down. “Listen guys,” he said, “I know that I promised you could have a look around SS.”

“Yeah, you sure did,” Rowlf said.

“Well, something has come up. I forgot that I promised to meet with Beau about a little problem he has with the ropes backstage, and I think I should head back and see him.”

“Kermie,” Piggy said. “You have to stay. I want to look around here. Oh please!” She batted her eyelashes at him.

Kermit gulped. “Well, I did promise him I’d be there.”

Piggy began to look angry, so Rowlf spoke up quickly. “Tell you what,” he said. “I’ll go talk to him. I don’t think I’m in Elmo’s good books right now, anyway.”

“Are you sure?” Kermit asked, straightening his reporter hat.

“Sure thing, Kermit.”

Rowlf sat down on the front of the stage, and let out a little sigh of contentment. Over the last few weeks each show had gone without a single problem, which was a big change to usual. Some of the new guests were a little harder to get on with, mind you. Owen Wilson, Graham Garden, Julia Roberts, Hugh Grant, but they were all nice in their own human way.

“Hi there, Beauregard,” Rowlf said, as he saw him come towards the stage along the aisle of chairs. “You know, I’ve been trying to find you.”

“Yeah, I was waiting for Kermit,” Beau said. “He was going to talk about my new plans to attach the ropes to pulleys, but he didn’t turn up.”

“Ah yes,” Rowlf said. “He had a little problem with the pig.”

Beauregard pulled a face. “Miss Piggy?”

“The same.”

“Oh yeah, now I remember. She wanted to go to Sesame Street.”

“That’s right.”

Beauregard let out a small laugh. “Maybe she’ll fall into Oscar’s trashcan. That would be a laugh.”

Rowlf scratched one of his ears, and turned his fried-egg eyes up to the ceiling of the theatre. Everything was so neat, so pristine. All kinds of new gadgets had been added to the theatre, electric-fans, modern paintings, new chairs, but everything stayed the same as it always had at the same time. Stadler and Waldorf’s seats were still reserved every week, Rowlf had to wonder what drove them there.

His mind snapped lazily back to the present. “What makes you say that?” he asked.

Beauregard looked down at the floor. “I don’t know,” he admitted. “Maybe…no…I don’t know.”

Rowlf nodded. “I think you do.”

“She, Piggy, reminds me of someone.”

“Who?”

“A lady, no, not a lady. She wasn’t lady-like at all. Her name was Mrs Nancy. She’s in charge of my home town, but now, now she doesn’t ever want to see me go back there.”

“That’s sad. Why?”

Beau shrugged, and sat down next to Rowlf with his head in his hands. “Did I ever tell you where I come from?” he asked.

Rowlf thought about it, then admitted, “No.”

“I come from the other side of the rainbow.”

“Huh?”

“If you catch a rainbow, and leap through it, you come out on an amazing land of hills, lakes and streams. Everything sunny, everything clear. It’s called Raenbu.”

“Wow.”

“Time is different there. There are no days, and it takes thousands of human years to grow old there.”

“Not like doggy years then,” Rowlf said. “They’re shorter…”

“My father left, and grew old out here, then he came back to Raenbu and told me that I should go too. Not to grow old, but to grow up. Then I could come back and have a family, and a better life as a grown up.”

“Did you?”

“I left, yes. I came and worked here. And then three years ago, I went home again.”

“Wow. Hey, I remember. Bunsen said you jumped through a rainbow.”

“Yeah,” Beau said sadly. “I did. But when I got there, somehow they had heard about how stupid I was out here, what a loser I was. They threw me out of Raenbu and said I couldn’t come back until I prove myself worthy. Even my mother…”

“I’m sorry, Beau.” Rowlf laid a large paw on his shoulder. “I didn’t know.”

Beau shrugged Rowlf’s paw off. “And I can’ ever go back. I’ll never prove it. I am stupid. I make mistakes, I drop things, break things, say dumb things. I can’t even keep hold of the ropes all the time.”

“Ah, Beau,” Rowlf said, “But don’t you see?”

Beau frowned deeply. “See what?” he asked, as he looked around the empty theatre. “There is nothing to see.”

“Beauregard,” Rowlf went on. “You are part of the Muppet family now. Sure, you make mistakes, we all do, haven’t you seen Gonzo’s acts?”

“Yeah, but he doesn’t have to prove he’s worthy.”

“And neither do you,” Rowlf said, standing up. “We love you as you are. Not as others want you to be. Now, come on. Let’s go and see to those pulleys you suggested, shall we?”

“Sure,” Beau said, “Why not?”

Why not to? Wait and see….

TO BE CONTINUED

Beauregard

Reaction score
Part 6 (I think)

NOW

Beauregard sat up suddenly, and all the diaries tumbled off his bed and scattered into a heap on the floor. The room was filled with a dark grey misty light that seeped through the closed curtains, and oozed around the edges into shadow. Beau pulled his covers off, and dropped his feet into his slippers. Something had woken him, and he was determined to see what.

He creaked his door open a crack and looked out into the hall. As usual, the bathroom door was shut. There always seemed to be someone in there. Beauregard padded down the soft carpet hall, and stopped at the head of the stairs. What was it? Maybe a burglar.

“Intruder alert!” shrieked an amazingly loud siren from beyond the door behind him. Beau nearly jumped out of his furry skin. “Intruder alert!”

Within moments the hallway was swarming. Kermit, of course, was there to keep things calm, but he was failing. Everyone, from Janice to the Mickey Moose, to Camilla, to Sweetums wanted to know what the alarm was that had suddenly burst the hallway into an emergency zone just seconds before.

“What is going on?” Sam the Eagle asked, shuffling his way out of his room. He cast an eye over Beauregard, who stood silently at the top of the stairs. “Oh it’s you,” Sam said in distain. “I should have guessed.” He walked back into his room, and slammed the door.

“Like, what did you do, Beauregard?” Janice asked.

“Yeah!” Sweetums said. “I wana’ get back to sleep.”

“Alright guys,” Kermit said, waving his thin hands around. “We don’t know that it was Beau’s fault the alarm went off.”

“Who else could it be?” Miss Piggy asked, emerging from her room in a silk nightgown. “That clown was the first on the scene of the crime, doesn’t that implicate him as the criminal?”

Floyd laughed. “Red handed you mean?” he said.

“Like, let’s see what colour his hands are now,” Janice chimed in, catching onto the joke. Everyone laughed except for Beau, who lowered his head, and looked at the pale pink and blue threads of the carpet.

“Early morning everyone,” said Bunsen stepping briskly out of his room. He was fully dressed, and his glasses were perched on his nose. “I’m sorry we disturbed you, but we have rigged up an alarm on the Muppet Lab. Someone must be down there. We should go and see.”

“So,” Miss Piggy said, derisively. “It wasn’t Beau. Not this time anyway.” She turned on her heal, and got back into bed for another few hours much needed beauty sleep.

“Ok, everyone,” Kermit said. “Go back to bed. Bunsen, Beau and I’ll go see who’s down there.”

*****​

One look at the cylinder device was all that Beau needed to know that his quick flight home had been cancelled. The Rainbow Maker lay in a smashed heap on the floor.

“Good Lord!” Bunsen said. “Who’s done this?”

A tear rolled down Beauregard furry face, and splashed against the tiled floor. “It’s broken,” he said. “The Rainbow Maker.”

“We can see that,” Kermit said, pushing past him. “But who by? And why?”

“I can’t go home,” Beau said. “It’s broken.”

“Be quiet Mr Beauregard,” Bunsen exclaimed. “I’m doing scientific analysis here.”

Kermit bent down and sifted through the remains. “This is really broken,” he said.

“Oh yes,” said Bunsen, “And I believe the diagrams were destroyed a while back.”

“Oh no,” said Beau, and another tear hit against the floor, rolling down into a tiny blackened crater of acid-burn in the tiles. The burn from a previous experiment. The tear from a present disaster.

“Robin,” Kermit said, standing up. He was holding a handkerchief in his hand. It was one of the props from Muppet’s Take Manhattan that Kermit had given to Robin. In the film, Miss Piggy had left it for Kermit when she left, in reality it had fallen from Robin’s rucksack when he left.

“Oh no!” said Beauregard. “It’s my fault! Robin’s trying to help, but he’s going to get himself killed! What have I done! Oh, what have I done?”

And, you may ask yourself, what has he done?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ths song is to the tune of Somewhere over teh Rainbow, and it fits if you are carefull. Beau.

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Usually when someone comes to THE END, it means that that person has come to THE END of a book, story, play, film, screenplay, or chocolate biscuit, but when Robin came to THE END it wasn’t just some meaningless words implying that you have to put that particular book down, turn off that film, find another play to watch, or grab another chocolate biscuit. No, when he came to THE END, he was sure that it meant it.

THE END was built in huge twenty-foot letters above the metal door of the underground dungeon. Robin struggled, but he was no match for the huge six-foot Beauregard-like monsters that held him tightly, and threw him down inside the gapping mouth of the dungeon.

As he fell towards the solid hard-packed mud of the ground, he tried to remember how he had come to be there. Ah yes, he had talked to Beau and then gone through a rainbow to help him. After that it was a blur. He remembered landing on an old Konnekte, and then being grabbed by the brute-like guards, and thrown into the dungeon.

Dungeon.

The word hit him with almost as much force as the floor. He looked up and saw the trap door being slammed shut. He was alone in a strange land beyond the rainbow. Alone, in a dungeon and with nowhere to escape.

Robin sat down on the hard ground, and began to cry, tears falling to the floor. He had tried to help, tried to change something that was wrong, and now he was in big trouble. What was worse, he hadn’t even been able to help Beauregard.

Robin sniffed, and tried to blink back is tears. He gulped, and started to sing quietly and softly, choking the words out with his sobs.

“Somewhere over in Raenbu,
Is where I went when I tired,
To find out, just what exactly,
Exists on the other side.

Somewhere over in Raenbu,
There’s nothing to try,
All my friends are over the Rainbow,
And lost to them all am I.

One day I wished to make a change,
Now I’ll go down in the Book of Strange,
Disappearances.
I hoped to help Beauregard,
I didn’t think it would be this hard,
But it really is.

Somewhere over in Raenbu,
People cry.
People cry over in Raenbu,
And so, yes, oh so do I.”

Beautinglroth Regard stood on the top of Mountain Hill, and stared into the sunset. He could hear a small singing voice float across the evening breeze. And knew exactly who it belonged to. No one here in Raenbu ever sang like that. Sad songs were not aloud here. Yet sadness was.

Beautinglroth was the saddest he had ever been in his life. He was stuck in Raenbu, older than any other one of the inhabitants, and his only son was gone, probably never to return. The young green frog had been Beautinglroth’s last hope. When he had come tumbling out of the sky talking of Gonzo, the same Gonzo that Beauregard had mentioned, Beautinglroth knew the frog was helping his son.

But the frog had been snatched away by the guards, and thrown into THE END prison. Beautinglroth knew that prison. It was the one that his father had been thrown in, and never seen again. It truly was THE END. Once thrown into that prison you never, ever came out again.

Beautinglroth’s long white hair, and beard blew in the light wind, and deep down he prayed for a miracle. He prayed to whatever god could be listening in Raenbu. Maybe the God of the other side of the rainbow listened in Raenbu too. Beautinglroth didn’t know. But, he hoped.

Robin curled into a tiny ball. “It’s not easy being green,” he sang, “It seems you blend in with so many ordinary things.”

“You don’t blend in here,” said a voice behind him.

Robin leapt into the air, and turned three hundred degrees. “Who’s there?” he shouted.

There was the sound of a deep chuckle. “You don’t have to be so scared, little frog. I am Beauhoth Tinglroth. I used to be in charge of Raenbu, but then Mrs Nancy stole the power and threw me into here, that was a,” he paused, “a long time ago.”

“Hi, Mr Tinglroth,” said Robin. “I’m Robin.”

“And why are you here? Ah, wait, I think I know. It’s because you are different, right?”

“Yeah, I guess so. Nobody told me. I was just thrown into here.”

“Ah, I’m sorry to hear that. Tell me, what were you doing in Raenbu anyway?”

Eventually, Robin finished telling Beauhoth the story of how he had come to be in Raenbu. He was getting tired now, and kept yawning as he spoke.

“I think,” said Beauhoth, “That you should get some sleep soon.”

“I’m not tired,” Robin said, and he yawned again.

“Oh really? You sound tired to me.”

“Shh, shh,” said Robin ergantly. “What’s that?”

There was a sound of quiet scratching, and then a spark of light appeared near the other end of the dungeon.

“What in Raenbu’s name?”

“What on earth?”

The spark of light grew bigger, until it revealed itself to be a hole. Some kind of creature was either digging into the prison, or digging out of somewhere else. “Who’s there?” Robin called, voicing both Beauhoth and his own question aloud.

“Oh hi,” said a girl’s voice. “You must be Robin Frog. I’ve been hearing all about you and your Muppet friends.”

“Who is that?” Beauhoth asked.

“It’s me, Scooter,” said Scooter. “And this,” he said indicating the girl, “Is my sister, Skeeter.”

TO BE CONTINUED

Firecat87

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
“It’s me, Scooter,” said Scooter. “And this,” he said indicating the girl, “Is my sister, Skeeter.”

TO BE CONTINUED
Insert suspenseful music here

:excited: Can't wait to read more. fun story!