Fan Fic - And what is on the other side...?

Beauregard

Reaction score
OK. Not longer, but more interesting...

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Bunsen rubbed his glasses with a handkerchief, and studied the broken Rainbow Maker again. “I just don’t see why we can’t mend this, Beaker,” he said. “I’m sure we should be able to.”

“Mee, mee, mou.”

“Yes, I know you’ve been trying. We almost had it finished a minute ago, but then we had to go and get some breakfast. When we got back, it was broken again.”

“Mou, mee!!!”

“I’m not blaming you. Pass me that screwdriver.”

“Meep.”

“Thank you. “ Bunsen used the screwdriver to pry the two half’s of the blackened sphere apart. “Look,” he said, making a space for Beaker to see over his shoulder.

“Mee, mou, meep, mee, mee, mou!”

“I know, I know. But look at this.” He pointed. “That wire has been cut. With round-ending scissors no less.”

“Mout?”

“Yes. Cut. But, who by? Good Lord. Who would sabotage a rainbow maker?”

Skeeter’s thick red hair streamed behind her, and she swam with large strokes under the water towards the rolling crystal. Her lungs hurt, and she knew that if she didn’t get it fast, she would have to go up for air. Then there wouldn’t be enough time to get out before the cave filled with water.

The crystal was being pushed and pulled along by a playful undercurrent, that teased it closer and closer to the hole that was the cave’s entrance.

Earlier they could have got out of the caves simply by going down there, and up a few passages before arriving on the Australian hills, but now…

The Cave of Illusions was one of the highest points in the caves, and even that was filling fast.

She snatched at the crystal, but the undercurrent pulled it away. She was going to have to go up for air. No time. No time.

Beautinglroth snorted derisively. “What do you mean she’s not home?”

The agile green Konnekte wrinkled up its nose, and pointed to the gates. “You must leave,” he said in a deep voice. “Mrs Nancy is not home.”

“She must be home,” said Beautinglroth. “What are you talking about?”

“I am talking about you. Leaving.”

Beautinglroth decided to take a more gentle line with the green Konnekte. “Beaufourt,” he said. “I remember your father, Mr Fourt. He was a butler here, like you, but for my father Beauhoth. Mr Fourt was a good man. Why can’t you be like him?”

“I am like him,” replied Beaufourt. “I took his name, didn’t I? And I’m green aren’t I?”

“Yes, but…”

“Mrs Nancy is not home. You must leave.”

Beautinglroth, ran a hand through his beard, and tightened his grip on the walking stick. He would have to take drastic measures. “Look, there she is, waving,” he said, pointing to a top window in the castle. “Up there.”

Beaufourt turned to look, and Beautinglroth hit him from behind.

“Yet, the fact remains,” said Bunsen.

“Mee, mou, mains,” agreed Beaker. Beaker, Bunsen, Link, Strange Pork, and Rizzo were sat around the dinning room table. In the middle sat the sabotaged Rainbow Maker.

Link looked at it closely. “But why would someone snipper the connecty gadget anyway?”

“Why? That’s what I want to know,” said Bunsen. “Why exactly indeed.”

“Well, diggidy dog, son-of-a-gun,” said Dr Strangepork suddenly startling them all. “I think I have an idea why someone would do that.”

“Mou?”

“To break it.”

Everyone groaned. Talk about talking about the obvious.

“That was a great help,” said Rizzo. “Congrats.”

“You’re not being a lot of help yourself, Rizzo,” said Bunsen.

“Oh yeah? Well, look what I found.”

“What?”

“Diaries.” He held up a couple of small leather-bound diaries. “I think these will help.”

Bunsen twiddled his fingers together in excitement. “Oooh, yes,” he said. “Mr Beauregard’s diaries.”

The crystal dropped down the yawning entrance to the cavern, falling, falling, caught.

Skeeter had swooped down with her last little bit of energy, and now the crystal was in her hand.

Robin looked down at Beauhoth, and he shrugged. He couldn’t see Skeeter anywhere. She had just dived under the water, but where was she now?

Then Skeeter broke the surface, coming up in a rush, and breathing deeply. Her wet hair stuck to her face, but she held the crystal triumphantly over her head. “Robin,” she said between pants. “I got it.”

“Great. Throw it up.”

She did, and Robin caught it in his hand.

“Now hold it in the light,” said Beauhoth, and Robin moved it into the shaft of sunlight that streamed through a tiny crack in the top of the cave.

Imediat;y a huge gracefully arc of a rainbow formed across the cave. “I’ve done it!” Robin shouted said. “Look, look. A rainbow!”

Beauhoth was overwhelmed with the sight, such colour, such beauty, such grace. “Come on, Skeeter,” he said. “Let’s go, shall we.”

“Just say where,” said Skeeter, laughing. “Just say where.”

Dear Diary,

Today something bad happened. I went through the rainbow back to Raenbu, but got immediately sent back to the ‘real’ world. Somehow Mrs Nancy had seen my sad drip of a performance in Muppet Caper, and she said I wasn’t worthy. Now I can’t go back. Ever.

Beauregard

__

Dear Diary,

I went to watch my copy of Muppet Caper. Just to see if I was really as bad in it as Mrs Nancy said, but I can’t find it. Never mind, I’ll use someone else’s.

Beau

__

Dear Diary,

I thought I saw someone down town today. She looked very much like Mrs Nancy, no, it couldn’t have been. Must be my imagination.

Beau

Beautinglroth let a small smile play around the edges of his lips. Now that he had defeated the butler, the castle was his. Well, not his precisely, but access to it was his. Now he could go and talk to that evil purple-eyed lady.

Suddenly, three creatures suddenly materialised before his eyes, and he gasped in surprise and fright. Then he recognised one of them. “Daddy?”

TO BE CONTINUED

Beth C

Reaction score
*Wowzers!*

What suspense!!! I love the Beaker parts best!!!

~Beth C

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sorry, guys. I've been Sooooooo busy. But I'll see if I can get some more up soon. Sorry. See ya

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
What's on the other side...

My,what a terrific story teller you are Beauregard!Great job! :excited:

Whatever

Reaction score
Beau, where are you and where's the next installment? We want more story here! Don't make us come and get you!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ah yes.

Er, well.

Um, hmmm.

Sorry, I'vebeen, like, reully bussy and so on, and I think I lost the story plot a bit, sooo, I'll just go back and read up to where I is again, then maybe, like, I can rully write a leetle more fer ya ale.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Dash it, sorry. I'll see what I can do tommorow. 'k?

Beauregard

Reaction score
As you can see, I have back-tracked a little bit and done some editing, so that I can get it all back onto story line, because I left the stroy-rails a bit a while back :wink:

So, here is the first of eddited sequences. Hopefully I can do another soon, and then I'll get to work on new scenes... 'k?

Beau

(*)(*)(*)

Kermit stood on the porch of the boarding house, and squinted up at the scattering rays of sunshine that zigzagged between thick white clouds, flowing along the edges like golden linings, but as the frog watched through bulgy eyes, he could see no golden lining on the near horizon.

“How could I have been so stupid,” he whispered. “Stupid. Stupid! STUPID! How could I have been so stupid!” He knew he was working himself up into a panic, but he didn’t care. “KERMIT! YOU ARE SO STUPIIIIIIID!!!!!!”

A large brown paw rested on his green shoulder, and Kermit turned to see Beau stood behind him. Kermit scrunched his face disdainfully, and his eyes glared with barely contained anger. “Beauregard,” he said, simply. The one word carried a meaning deeper than even the largest of ships could fathom.

Beauregard took a step back. His paw dropped to his side. A tear might have been growing behind his eyes, but he blinked it away. “Kermit,” he said, his voice a mere murmur. “Kermit, I’m sorry. I should never have come here.”

Kermit pushed passed Beauregard, back into the house, without another word.

Beauregard slumped to his knees, and then lowered himself down into a sitting position on the porch. “No,” he said. “No. No. No. This hasn’t happened. Never, ever, ever…” He didn’t have to finish… because he already knew. No one would ever let him back in Raenbu now.

Unintentional he had caused the death of a fellow creature, and worse a young child who had no idea how dangerous Raenbu would be. Beau had got Bunsen to make that machine, Beau had told Robin a little about Raenbu, Beau could have told him everything and he might not have left, Baeu could only blame himself.

He shut his eyes, and his mind began to drift away. “Life,” he reasoned. “Is no longer necessary.”

In a window high above him, Kermit sat watching, thinking, almost praying. What could he tell his brother? How had he let Robin be destroyed by one of Bunsen’s machines?

Robin stared in amazement. “Scooter?”

“Yes, what is it Robin?”

“I just can’t believe that it’s you, I mean what are you doing busting into THE END?”

Skeeter pulled Scooter back out of the hole, and stuck her head through. “It was me really,” she said. “Come on through, and I’ll show you.”

She held out her hand, and Robin clasped it tightly. “Come on Beauhoth,” he said. “Let’s go through.”

With Skeeter’s guiding hand, Robin climbed through the round hole, and found himself in a glistering cavern of rainbows and crystals. “What is this place?” he asked in an awed whisper.

Skeeter grinned. “We call it the Cave of Illusions.”

“Why?” asked Robin.

“It’s full of rainbows,” Scooter explained, and red tint rising on his cheeks. “It wasn’t the name I choose.”

“That’s because yours was silly.”

“Was not.”

“Was too.”

“Was not.”

Beauhoth pulled himself through the hole, and gazed around in wonder and amazement. Every black rock-wall was covered in sparkling rainbow lights, as sunlight from above reflected and refracted through the crystals. “It’s like Heaven,” he said. “Saved from THE END into Heaven.”

“It’s not Heaven,” said Skeeter. “Trust me. Scooter’s here.”

“Do you have radios?” Robin asked.

“Huh?” Skeeter flicked a piece of red hair out of her eyes, and looked down at him. “Sure. We always carry them in case something goes wrong.”

“Can I borrow one? I have to call home and tell them not to worry about me, and then we have to find a way back to Raenbu.”

“Back to Raenbu?” Beauhoth exclaimed. “Are you crazy?”

Robin shook his head resolutely. “No way. But Raenbu is, and it has to be stopped.”

Rizzo lay in bed, his tale curled around his ears to keep them warm. He was dreaming. A bee was buzzing around and around his head, and then Gonzo started chewing on it to the tune of Flight of the Tire…

Rizzo sat up.

The radio next to his bed was buzzing with static. “Oh boy,” he said. “Must have had a late night again. I always dream after too much cheese. Sheesh.”

He bashed the radio, and it stopped buzzing. Instead it was filled with the cute voice of Robin frog. “Hey guys,” said Robin, “I’m fine, but I have to get back to Raenbu to help Beau. I’m in Australia with Scooter, and we are going back through a rainbow cave. Got that? Bye.”

Rizzo swept the radio of the bedside table, and it smashed on the floor. “I must be still dreaming,” he said. “ Robin in Australia? Rainbow caves? Gosh, that cheese was stronger than I thought.”

“No, Beaker. That’s not right. Oh, you are hopeless.” Bunsen rounded the desk and walked to behind Beaker. “Attach that over there, and that here, not that here, and that over there.”

“Mee, mee, me.” Beaker reattached the wires, and sighed. “Mou meauremou meeper.”

“No, no, no. It’s al your fault it broke in the first place, you great dunce.”

“Mee, mee, mee!”

“Now, don’t get angry, Beaky, you didn’t mean to make such a ridiculous devise, but I did say…”

“MEE! MEE!!!” Beaker slammed the screwdriver down on the worktop, and stormed out of the room in a royal rage.

“BBBBeaker?” Bunsen stuttered. “Where, where are you going?”

Sam the Eagle got out of bed, and went downstairs to start the daily exercise routine. Piggy stood in front of the mirror and spent half an hour putting her face on. Sweetums had a bath, and then went down the park for a swim in the pond. Link had a bad dream about the Swine Trek, and the Swedish Chef blew up the cooker, again.

Pepe sat in his bed, writing. “Dear Mother, ok. I just thought I’d let you know that I am off on an amazing rescue, ok. I anything happens to me, panic, ok. Bye for now, Pepe, ok.”

Pepe jumped out of bed, got dressed, grabbed a packsack and ran downstairs to see what breakfast he could find before he left.

“Come on,” said Robin, “What are you waiting for?” He slung his small rucksack over his shoulder, and stepped towards the wall.

Scooter stood his ground. “I’m not going,” he said.

“Not going? Why not?” Skeeter asked.

Scooter crossed his arms. “Because,” he said, “It’s dangerous.”

“So?”

“So, I’m not going.”

“Fine. But I am.” Skeeter glared at him, as if daring him to disagree.

“I don’t think you should,” Scooter said calmly.

“Humpf. I do not care what you think, bro. I’m going.”

“That’s fine with me.” Scooter turned and marched away to the cavern entrance. “I’ll be at the hotel.”

“Bye,” said Robin, waving. “And thanks.”

“Don’t thank him,” said Skeeter, after Scooter had left. “I was the one with the idea of doing some digging through the rainbows on the walls here.”

Beauhoth turned and put a finger to his lips. “Shh,” he said. “I am trying to concentrate.”

“Sorry.”

“Sorry.”

Beauhoth turned back to one of the long rainbows, and ran his hands up and down the wall it was projected against. “I have done a lot of rainbow jumping in my time,” he said. “So, I know the ins and outs. Here is where you go in, there is where you go out.” He pointed. “Ah. Here is what we are looking for. If we go through right here,” he tapped the rainbow in the center. “We should appear in front of Mrs Nancy’s castle.”

“Great,” said Skeeter, and she grabbed the digging drill. “Let’s go shall we?”

Robin held up his hand. “Why do we have to drill?” he asked. “I thought we could just jump straight through.”

Beauhoth smiled, showing a row of flat teeth. “Not into rock, you don’t,” he said. “Not into rock.”

Skeeter switched on the drill.

Scooter chucked his caving equipment down on the grassy hill, and lay back under the sun. Stupid Skeeter. Always wanting to do something brave, and, and…stupid. Why was she so stubborn? She always had been, he guessed.

He turned onto his front and idly flipped through a newspaper.

He had always cared for his sister. Tried to get her to stay out of trouble.

“Just watch,” Scooter thought. “They’ll be up themselves soon. They won’t go through with it.”

He snapped the newspaper shut, and glanced at a curious announcement on the back.

For the fist time in twenty years,” it said, “The cave of rainbows will be completely filled by the tide.”

“The Tide!” Scooter exclaimed. “I have to warn them. Where’s my radio?”

He looked about him hurriedly, and then saw it, being chewed by a sheep. “Give that back!” shouted Scooter, but the sheep turned and ran away as fast as its short little legs would carry it, taking the radio along for the ride.

Beauregard was dreaming. In his dream he was on a boat. The mist had surrounded him completely and he was cut off from land, and life. He tried to call for help, but no one was listening. No one cared.

A seagull flapped out of the mist and landed on the boat. The bird had purple eyes, and a voice like that of Mrs Nancy. “Failed,” it said. “Failed again.”

“Failed,” Beauregard repeated. “I’ve failed…”

Beauregard opened his eyes, and found himself on the boarding house porch. He remembered how Kermit had looked at him, such anger, such blame in his eyes.

“It’s no use,” Beauregard sighed. “No use at all.”

The door behind him opened, and Miss Piggy came out, saw him, and turned round again. “Someone’s put the rubbish out early,” she sniffed. “Heh.”

Beauregard stood up, and moved away from the boarding house, away from the blaming eyes, away from the other Muppets.

Rizzo stretched and jumped out of bed, landing on the floor with a ‘whump.’ He was rather surprised to see the radio smashed there, and then it all came back to him. Earlier that morning, while he was still half asleep. Robin’s voice over the radio. Rainbow cave. Australia. Cheese.

The door opened and Gonzo stuck his head in. “Hey, you awake?”

“Yeah,” said Rizzo, getting up and dusting himself down.

“Yo, Riz, did you hear about Robin?”

“What about him?”

“He’s gone missing.”

Rizzo looked from the radio, to Gonzo, to the radio again. “I know where he is,” he said.

“How?” Gonzo asked, quizzically.

“I heard his voice, thought it was a dream.”

“You heard a voice?” Gonzo gave Riz his most sceptical of looks. “Like, ‘Build a Jacuzzi?”

Rizzo gulped. “You, you know ‘bout that?”

“Oh yeah.” Gonzo burst out laughing. “Now that was a very funny thing, I’ll punish you later, right now let’s go tell Kermit you know where Rob is….if it wasn’t just Pepe speaking through a fan this time!”

Doc muttered to himself, as he opened the door, then he drew in a quick breath of surprise. What on earth was a pig, a frog, an eagle, a whatever, and a dog doing on his doorstep?

“Er, hi. I’m Kermit the Frog,” said the frog.

“Oh really? A talking animal…wait…a talking ANIMAL!”

Miss Piggy frowned. “Animal isn’t even here,” she said.”

Sam fluffed up his feathers, and looked Doc in the eye. “If you are discriminating against talking animals, I’ll have you know that I have a lawyer, and he…”

Rowlf pushed passed Sam, and grabbed Doc’s hand. “We have to talk to Sprocket,” he said.

“Hurry, Skeeter, hurry,” Beauhoth said. “You have no idea how much time you are wasting.”

Skeeter flickered her hair out of her eyes, and angled the drill again. “I’m trying, I’m trying.”

Robin glanced to the top of the cave. High up in the ceiling, a jagged hole let the sunlight filter through into the cave, dancing of the crystals, and drawing rainbows on the walls.

“Listen,” Robin said, pulling on Beauhoth’s arm to gain his attention. “I’ve had an idea. What if we just…”

Beauhoth interrupted him. “Skeeter!” he said. “Look!”

Skeeter turned to where he was pointing, the entrance to the cave. It was filled with water.

“Oh no,” Skeeter said.

The water was rising fast. Real fast.

“I have an idea,” said Robin, but no one was listening.

“Get back to that drilling,” Beauhoth said, “and fast.”

TO BE CONTINUED