Fan Fic - And what is on the other side...?

Beauregard

Reaction score
TO BE CONTINUED

The water reached their ankles.

“Go faster, Skeeter.”

Skeeter made no reply. She clamped down on the drill button, and the blade spun. Around and around it went, sending sparkles of shattered rainbow about them onto the steadily rising water that seeped into the cavern and swamped the floor.

“Beauhoth,” Robin insisted. “I do have an idea.”

Skeeter grit her teeth. “Will you stop that frog whining,” she said.

Beauhoth looked down at Robin. “What is it?” he asked.

“Tell me. Why exactly do we need to drill?”

“Because, “Beauhoth replied, impatience in his voice. “The rainbow is being directed against a stone wall. Therefore instead of being just light, it is solid. And, on top of that, it would seem that the only way out now, is through a rainbow.”

“Oh.” Robin glanced up at the hole in the ceiling. “Like I said, I have an idea of how we can get out.”

“Good,” said Skeeter. She looked across to him, and gave him a brave smile. “Because,” she went on, “The drill has just given up the ghost.” It was true. It’s engine made one more brave attempt to continue, and then phutted to a halt.

“Oh, dear,” said Beauhoth.

Skeeter looked up at the ceiling, where Robin was looking. “Robin,” she said, condescendingly. “None of us can fit through that hole.”

“Come along now Kermit,” said Sam the Eagle. “Nice as it was for those friendly Fraggles to give us each directions, and a map, I am still afraid that the ones at the back will get lost, particularly,” he leant closer to Kermit, and whispered, “Miss Piggy.”

“Whoah!” Piggy shouted, suddenly slipping and sliding along the tunnel passed them. “Whahahahaaaah!”

“Yes, I see what you mean,” Kermit whispered back.

Miss Piggy came to a stop against a wall, and stood up. Her face darkened with anger. “These caves are too slippery, Kermit, isn’t there someone we can call and complain about them?”

“No, no I don’t think so.”

“Come on.” That was Fozzie. “This is the fastest way to get to rescue Robin.”

Gonzo twisted the map upside down, and scratched his nose thoughtfully.

Sam shook his head sadly. “How did I get hooked up with this bunch of weirdoes anyway? Whoops!” Sam’s feet slipped out from under him, and his whirled his wings in an attempt to stay upright, but only succeeded in making himself look even more stupid when he sat heavily onto the floor. “Good lord,” he exclaimed. “These caves are much too slippery.”

Gonzo scrunched the map up, and pointed at the floor. “I’ve found a short cut,” he said.

Miss Piggy was dusting herself down, but when she heard that, she swung round. “Short cut? Where?”

“Let me see.” Gonzo opened up the map again. “Oh. You’re standing on it.”

Piggy leapt into the air, “What?” and then landed with a thump back on the trap door to the quick-Australian-access-portal, which snapped open dropping Piggy down a sliding vortex-like water-shoot. “Ker-ieeee

“Good idea,” said Rowlf. “Let’s take the slide walk.” And he jumped down after Piggy, followed by Gonzo, Fozzie, and Kermit.

Sam the Eagle stood up, and flattened out his feathers. “This is outrageous,” he said. “I am not going down that thing.”

“S’cuse me.”

Sam looked down to see a green Dozzer stood by his feet.

“Yes?”

“I was just goin’a mention that’ll be the rubbish shoot.”

“What is?” Sam asked. “That trapdoor they jumped down?”

“Nope. The trapdoor you’re standed on.”

Sam glanced at the floor, and saw that he was in fact stood on a trapdoor. Then it opened.

The wind blew around Beau’s face, and buffeted his hands as he clutched onto the tree-root with all his strength.

It was probably not his brightest idea to climb the cliff to his favourite resting spot in the middle of a storm, but he had to. He knew that no one would disturb him there, but then he had got stuck when the rotting rope ladder had snapped in a gust of wind, tossing him onto the cliff-face where he had managed to grab a tree-root, as the rotten ladder tumbled passed him into the sea below.

As he hung there, his feet flailing at the crumbly cliff trying to get a hold, faces and thoughts came to him.

He remembered his father Mr Beautingleroth Regard, and how he had encouraged him to go out and find better things than Raenbu.

He remembered Miss Nancy’s bitter distain when he returned.

He recalled his mother, how even she had conspired against him.

Miss Piggy’s sneered remarks on his brain power.

The audiences’ laughing at him in Muppet Caper.

Robin wanting to know what was on the other side of the rainbow.

Rowlf encouraging him to make new rope-pulleys for the back stage.

He remembered that show from the night before. How the pulley had broken, and he hadn’t been prepared. How he had grabbed the ropes, but not been strong enough to hold the backdrop, causing it to ruin another Muppet Show.

How Robin had gone missing, and he had been blamed.

Then he remembered something else…almost.

There was something tingling against the edge of his mind, but he couldn’t find what it was. He knew there was another memory waiting to speak to him, but he couldn’t quite place it.

And then the root snapped…

“KERMIEEE! KERMIEEE Kermie, stop this thiiiiing!” Piggy started sliding downwards, faster and faster and faster, the slide-like passage twisted, turned, and basically dropped straight down to a sickeningly deep depth below her. “Kermiiiiiiieeee-eeeeee-eeeeee-eeeeeeeee-eeeee-e-e-e-e-e-e!” The shout echoed off the walls.

Just above her, if she turned her head was Rowlf tumbling headfirst towards her. “Where are we?” he asked, as he spun around and around as if caught in a whirlwind.

“I don’t know!” Piggy shouted.

“We have to find the way out!” Rowlf shouted back.

“I think we will! When we hit the bottom!”

There was a rushing sound, and Miss Piggy felt a warm wind brush against her hair, and then she too was spinning wildly. She screamed and clutched at the smooth edges of the passage. “Kermieeee!”

A face formed in front of her. It was a face she thought she knew, but she wasn’t sure. A pink face, with purple streaked eyes. “Go away!” the face shouted. “Go away! Away! Away!”

A pink face appeared in front of Kermit. “Go away! Away! Away!” the face shouted. “To dangerous for you. Outsiders.”

Fozzie spun faster and faster and faster, and felt as if his stomach was being sucked from his body.

“Go! Go! Go away!”

“Who said that?” Fozzie managed.

“Can’t you see me?”

A face flickered in front of him, and then disappeared, then flickered again, as if dancing between two universes.

“No, I can’t,” Fozzie said.

Gonzo could feel the wind, and see the other’s spinning, but he wasn’t spinning himself, which made him jealous. How come they get to spin? Fozzie span passed him, and Gonzo grabbed his foot…but he didn’t…his hand went straight through it.

“Fozzie?” Gonzo said. “What’s happening?”

He held his hand in front of his face, and saw it stretching and dissolving. “Fozzie?” He felt himself growing longer and longer and longer, and then with a snap fell through a castle wall.

Then everything went black.

Robin scaled the wall with ease. Once a scout always a scout, and scouts know how to scale walls with ease, so Robin did. “I’m nearly there,” he called down.

“Good,” said Beauhoth. “It’s waist deep now, and rising.”

Skeeter hit at one of the crystals with the broken drill, again and again. Finally it broke loose and fell with a splash into the water. “Hang on,” she said, and dived down after it. The water tasted salty, and the Cave of Illusions was filling up fast. Where is the crystal?

Then she saw it. The crystal was being washed towards the cave entrance. If it fell out there, they wouldn’t get it back, and if they didn’t have it they couldn’t make a rainbow in the middle of the room, and if they didn’t make a rainbow….

Skeeter didn’t finish. Instead she held her breath a little longer and went after the crystal.

Bunsen rubbed his glasses with a handkerchief, and studied the broken Rainbow Maker again. “I just don’t see why we can’t mend this, Janice,” he said. “I’m sure we should be able to.”

Janice sat on the scientist’s table, and hugged her knees to her chest. “Like, is there really no way you can get Robin back?”

“Perhaps. Perhaps. But, Beaker isn’t helping.”

“Rully?”

“He stropped away in an huff-puffy mood earlier.”

“Like, why?”

Bunsen put down the screwdriver, and wiped his hands on a piece of oily cloth. “I called him a dunce.”

“Er, may I ask why?”

“Because he is. Can you hand me a knife.”

“Which one?”

“Long.”

“Fer sure…no. I can’t find one.”

“It’s there.”

“Oh. Great. Got it.”

“Thank you.”

“Why did you call him a dunce?”

“Who?”

“Beaker?”

“Because he made this device, and it broke, and Robin is missing, and it’s his fault.”

Janice crossed her legs, and shifted forward. “Like, he made it all by himself?”

Bunsen sighed. “No. I helped.”

Janice hopped off the table, and walked out the door, throwing one last comment over her shoulder. “So, maybe you are, like, a dunce too. Right?”

Skeeter’s thick red hair streamed behind her, and she swam with large strokes under the water towards the rolling crystal. Her lungs hurt, and she knew that if she didn’t get it fast, she would have to go up for air. Then there wouldn’t be enough time to get out before the cave filled with water.

The crystal was being pushed and pulled along by a playful undercurrent that teased it closer and closer to the hole that was the cave’s entrance.

Earlier they could have got out of the caves simply by going down there, and up a few passages before arriving on the Australian hills, but now…

The Cave of Illusions was one of the highest points in the caves, and even that was filling fast.

She snatched at the crystal, but the undercurrent pulled it away. She was going to have to go up for air. No time. No time.

Regard Beautinglroth snorted derisively. “What do you mean she’s not home?”

The agile green Konnekte wrinkled up its nose, and pointed to the gates. “You must leave,” he said in a deep voice. “Mrs Nancy is not home.”

“She must be home,” said Beautinglroth. “What are you talking about?”

“I am talking about you. Leaving.”

Beautinglroth decided to take a more gentle line with the green Konnekte. “Beaufourt,” he said. “I remember your father, Mr Fourt. He was a butler here, like you, but for my father Tinglroth Beauhoth. Mr Fourt was a good man. Why can’t you be like him?”

“I am like him,” replied Beaufourt. “I took his name, didn’t I? And I’m green aren’t I?”

“Yes, but…”

“Mrs Nancy is not home. You must leave.”

Beautinglroth, ran a hand through his beard, and tightened his grip on the walking stick. He would have to take drastic measures. “Look, there she is,” he said, pointing to a top window in the castle. “Up there. Waving.”

Beaufourt turned to look, and Beautinglroth hit him from behind with the walking stick.

“Beaker?” Beauregard knocked on the bedroom door, and listened. “Beaky. Can I come in?”

He thought he heard a muffled sound, which would have been a Meep meaning yes, or a Moup meaning no, but he twisted the handle and let himself in anyway.

Beaker was stood by the window. He turned as Bunsen entered.

“Beaker,” Bunsen said.

“Mep!” Beaker turned about, and looked back out the window.

Bunsen moved closer. “Beaker. Listen, I need your help.”

“Meeper, mep, meepy.”

“Can’t you just…”

Beaker spun round, his eyes flaring. “Meepy meeping munce!”

Bunsen took of his glasses, rubbed them with one finger, and sat down on the bed. “I didn’t mean it,” he said. “And I’m sorry. You are the best assistant I’ve ever had, baker, I need your help.”

Miss Piggy landed first, then Rowlf landed on top of her, then Kermit landed on him, then Fozzie.

“Get off of me,” Piggy said, getting up. “Hey. Where’s Sam?”

“And Gonzo,” Fozzie added.

Kermit looked back up the yawning chasm they had fallen down. Above them winds swirled, and lighting lit the dark passageways. “Oh no,” he said. “Gonzo…”

A screech filled the air, and a door opened beside them, throwing a pile of garbage onto the tunnel floor. “Oh, I hate myself!” came a familiar voice from inside the pile. “I hate myself sooo much. This stuff is so yucky, and….ahhh! Radish skins!”

Rowlf cleared his throat. “Sam?”

A blue head burst from the pile of garbage, and turned. “Hi.”

Sam’s face was covered in raw eggs, and he had radish skins pilled on his head. Piggy couldn’t help giggling just a little.

(*)(*)(*)(*)

As you can see, big changes in that section...

i.e. Gonzo dissapearing...

Beauregard

Reaction score

“Yet, the fact remains,” said Bunsen.

“Mee, mou, mains,” agreed Beaker. Beaker, Bunsen, Link, Strangepork, and Rizzo were sat around the dinning room table. In the middle sat the sabotaged Rainbow Maker.

“What happened again?” Rizzo asked.

“Beaker prised the two halves apart, and tho and behold, a wire had been cut, with round ended scissors no less.”

Link peered at the broken rainbow maker. “But why would someone snipper the connecty gadget anyway?”

“Why? That’s what I want to know,” said Bunsen. “Why exactly indeed.”

“Well, diggidy dog, son-of-a-gun,” said Dr Strangepork suddenly startling them all. “I think I have an idea why someone would do that.”

“Mou?”

“To break it.”

Everyone groaned. Talk about talking about the obvious.

“That was a great help,” said Rizzo. “Congrats.”

“You’re not being a lot of help yourself, Rizzo,” said Bunsen.

“Oh yeah? Well, look what I found.”

“What?”

“Diaries.” He held up a couple of small leather-bound diaries. “I think these will help.”

Bunsen twiddled his fingers together in excitement. “Oooh, yes,” he said. “Mr Beauregard’s diaries could shed some light on the equasion!”

“Mee, mee!” Beaker agreed.

The crystal dropped down the entrance to the cavern, falling, falling, caught.

Skeeter had swooped down with her last little bit of energy, and now the crystal was in her hand.

Robin looked down at Beauhoth, and he shrugged. He couldn’t see Skeeter anywhere. She had dived under the water, but where was she now?

Then Skeeter broke the surface, coming up in a rush, and breathing deeply. Her wet hair stuck to her face, but she held the crystal triumphantly over her head. “Robin,” she said between pants. “I got it.”

“Great. Throw it up.”

She did. The crystal span in the air, and Robin managed to snag it with one hand, hanging on with another.

“Now wedge it in the hole,” said Beauhoth.

Robin did, and the light streamed through the crystal.

Imediaty a huge gracefully arc of a rainbow formed across the cave. “I’ve done it!” Robin shouted said. “Look, look. A rainbow!”

Beauhoth was overwhelmed with the sight, such colour, such beauty, such grace. “Come on, Skeeter,” he said. “Let’s go, shall we.”

“Just say where,” said Skeeter, laughing. “Just say where.”

“Wahoooo!” Robin shouted.

Dear Diary,

Today something bad happened. I went through the rainbow back to Raenbu, but got immediately sent back to the ‘real’ world. Somehow Mrs Nancy had seen my sad drip of a performance in Muppet Caper, and she said I wasn’t worthy. Now I can’t go back. Ever.

Beauregard

__

Dear Diary,

I went to watch my copy of Muppet Caper. Just to see if I was really as bad in it as Mrs Nancy said, but I can’t find it. Never mind, I’ll use someone else’s.

Beau

__

Dear Diary,

I thought I saw someone down town today. She looked very much like Mrs Nancy, no, it couldn’t have been. Must be my imagination.

__

Beau

Dear Diary,

I had that dream again last night. The one where Mrs Nancy’s face appears above my bed, and tells me I’m a failure.”

Beau

Beautinglroth let a small smile play around the edges of his lips. Now that he had defeated the butler, the castle was his. Well, not his precisely, but access to it was his. Now he could go and talk to that evil purple-eyed lady.

Suddenly, three creatures suddenly materialised before his eyes, and he gasped in surprise and fright. Then he recognised one of them. “Daddy?”

Inside the castle tower, Mrs Nancy’s eyes went wide. On the view screens in front of her she saw something that made her blood run cold.

Robin was back. Had his friends saved him, even though she told them to go home?

Worse, he now had a friend. A red-headed snippet, she didn’t recognise.

What was even worse than that. Tinglroth Beauhoth had got out of THE END. This was not good.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Darn it. I keep forgetting!

No, not finished. I'll try and do some more soon. Ok. Thanks, and keepo reminding me. I've been so busy with various other things...

Bea:cry:regard

Whatever

Reaction score
I guess Beau forgot about this, which is too bad, it's a great story.

Xerus

Reaction score
I really dig this story you're writing. :smile: Giving Beau a story in the Muppet boarding house. And finding out where he came from. And how these Muppets from other shows keep making appearances. Like Skeeter and Sesame Street gang. I hope you'll continue it soon. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh my! How could I fogrget to finish this? Hmm. Let me see, oh yes, I remeber. It's cause I got totally lost and confused. But, let's see. I can have a look at it later. Maybe think about finishing it off for you guys.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok. I know I'm postiong twice in a row, but I've just read through thw whole sotry again, and am poised with my pen to write.

For thsoe who got confused when I made the changes up above, so did I. Sooooo. We have to imagine that the story went along merrily till it got to where the changes were made, then it skipped forward a page and started at the begining of the changes. Sooo. If you havn't yet read teh story, check up above to where teh chenges are and read from there when you get to that section in the original story, and for those who have read the original story, please feel free to forget it.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish the story soon.

A quick re-cap of where the characters are:

Beauregard was hanging onto a root from a cliff above the sea. The root snapped...

Miss Piggy, Rowlf, Kermit, Fozzie and Sam are in the Fraggle caves in Australia...

Gonzo dissapeared into backness when he tried to grab Fozzie's foot while Fozzie was being visited by a strange vision...

Robin, Skeeter and Bearegard's grandfather have appeared outside Mrs Nancy's house in Raenbu...

Scooter is in an Australian feild chasing sheep...

Bunsen has told Beeker that Beeker is the best lab assistent he ever had, and they are working together to mend the sabatarged rainbow maker...

Beauregard's dad, Mr Regard, has just knocked out the security guard, and broken into Mrs Nancy's house...

Pepe went off on a rescue mission, ok, without saying where he was going, ok....

That is all.