Fan-Fic: Grover On Vacation

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 1

It was noon at Charlies Resturaunt. Grover was working his usual shift. One of his most frequent customers, Fat Blue, came to eat.

"Oh, no, not you again!", cried Fat Blue.

"Yes, me again. May I take your order?", asked Grover.

Fat Blue looked at the menu. "Well, I don't have much time today. I have to get back to work in twelve minutes, so I'll take the number twelve special, 'cheddar cheese taco', and step on it".

"Number 12 special, cheddar cheese taco, and step on it", repeated grover, "You've got it!".

So Grover went to get the taco, then he brought it to Fat Blues table, but it was all messy-looking. "What happened to my taco?", asked fat Blue. "well, you did tell me to step in it", said Grover, adding "the customer is always right. Oh, and that will be 12 dollars. This time the waiter is right".

During Grovers break, Grover got in his Super grover outfit and flew to another one of his jobs, as a shoe salesman at the All-Sizes Shoe Store. Prarie dawn was his customer.

"Hi, Grover", said Prarie. "i'd like some new shoes, perhaps something in pink."

"One moment", said grover, who then left and got her a pink bowling ball. "What is this?", asked Prarie Dawn. "It is something in pink, just what you asked for", answered grover. Prarie dawn sighed and left the store. "But Prarie", shouted Grover, "didn't you ask for some shoes?"

later that day, Grover went to another of his many jobs, as a lifeguard at a local pool. "Help!", cried a girl in trouble. "aren't you going to save her?", asked another customer? "Well", said Grover, "I would if I knew how to swim". "But aren't you also Super grover?", asked the customer. "yes", said grover, "But I forgot to bring my superhero suit". The girl was saved by nother life guard.

Later that night, at midnight, grover got his job as a door-to-door salesman. he knocked on the door of Fat Blues house. "Oh, who could be at my door at this time of the night?", asked fat Blue. He opened the door. "oh, no, not you again!", said Fat Blue. "funny", said grover, "I never complain every time I see you". Grover then started his sales pitch, offering to sell Fat Blue a mind reading machine. Fat Blue shouted, "I don't want to buy one", but grover didn't listen and strapped the machine from his head to Fat Blues head. "Now", said grover, "let's see if this thing works. According to the machine, you do not want to buy one. Is that correct?" "That is correct", said fat Blue. "Well, what ya know, it works!", said grover. "Now, if you do not want to buy one, how about two?". Fat Blue fainted. "See you at Charlies tomorrow", said Grover.

The week got more and more hectic. In addition to the jobs mentioned, Grover also worked as an elevador operador, a flight attendant, a pool boy, and a movie theatre usher. He got more and more tired.

His mommy came upstairs. "grover, is something the matter?", asked his mom. "Well, I think I might be overworking myself", said grover. "Now I know that you like to help people at any price", said Grovers Mommy, "but I think you should take a vacation". "Maybe you are right. Since I work as a flight attendant, I can get a free trip", said grover. "would you liek to come with me, mommy?"

"Oh, no I can't", said grovers mom, "I have to work. But you can go by yourself. I know a nice place in Florida that's not very dangerous. But wouldn't you like to fly to Florida as Super grover?" "I would", said grover, "but it is hard to fly and carry my luggage at the same time".

So grover went to bed, thinking about his upcoming vacation.

This chapter was brought to you by the number twelve.

BEAR

Reaction score
This is really funny. I look forward to more chapters.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I like it! The dialogue is great, every one sounds pretty much in character.
Two small suggestions, though: One, Keep in mind that Grover does not use contractions. Two, if you start a new paragraph every time some one else is speaking, it makes it much easier for the reader to understand.
Other than that, I love it! I'm looking forward to more!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Keep in mind that Grover does not use contractions.
What are contractions?

By the way, in case anybody is wondering, I do plan on including other major cast members in this story, and I plan on having other characters be important to the plot. I am not going to say how yet, but expect more classic characters. I plan on including more characters in chapter two, before Grover goes away. Expect plenty of Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, Herry Monster, and some surprises. Expect the main current human cast in the next chapter.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
What are contractions?

Contractions are the combination of two words to make one. Some contractions are:

Can't instead of Cannot
Shouldn't instead of should not
Haven't instead of have not
won't instead of will not.

things like that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
what you think of this line?

What does everybody think about grovers line "See you at Charlies, tomorrow" after Fat Blue faints? I think that line was funny. I guess it is also funny that Grover not only works at midnight, but also works door-to-door at midnight.

You may have noticed the various refferences to the number twelve, which is why I had the first chapter brought to you by the number twelve (instead of one). I haven't decided if any more chapters will be "sponsored" by letters or numbers. I guess that will depend on if I include a significant use of a number or letter in a single chapter.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I did notice the repeated use of the number twelve, and I liked Grover's "see you at Charlie's" line. And I want more story! (you don't get voted best fanfic reader by letting people slack on their stories :stick_out_tongue:)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is chapter 2.

Grovers bosses had all agreed to let grover take off and go on vacation. Grovers friends on Sesame Street had thrown him a going away party. Among those at the party were Big Bird, Elmo, Prarie Dawn, Rosita, Ernie, Bert, The Count, Zoe, Telly, Cookie Monster, Herry Monster, Herbert Birdsfoot, Fred The Wonder Horse, Sherlock Hemlock, Susan, Gordon, Miles, Bob, Alan, Maria, Luis, Gabbi, Gina, and even Oscar.

"One party guest! Two party guests! Three party guests!..." counted the count.

"Thanks for letting me take some time off, Luis", said grover.

"No problem, Grover", said Luis. "Gabbi volunteered to take your place".

"Oh, Grover", said Bert, "I thought I'd give you this bottle cap as a going away present".

"oh, Bert, I don't really care for bottle caps", said Grover.

"Well in that case, can I have it?", asked Bert.

"oh, no!", cried Telly, "What if Grover likes it in florida so much that he never wants to come back?"

"well, grover is gone and I'm already happy. Telly is worried. Heh, heh, heh...", said Oscar.

"Me can't wait for the cookies to come", said Cookie Monster.

"But Cookie Monster, we aren't serving cookies tonight", said Alan.

"Then me going home to get some for meself", said Cookie Monster.

"yeah, I wish they had some birdseed, too", said Big Bird.

"well, thank you all for the party, but I've got to get packed. I'll see you all when I get back, or unless I get into any kind of trouble", said Grover, as he headed for home to pack.

"good bye, Grover", said Ernie.

"bye", said Bert.

"so long", said Herbert Birdsfoot.

"we will miss you", said herry.

"Have fun", said Gordon.

"come back soon", said Elmo.

"adios", said Rosita.

"have a rotten trip!", said oscar.

"have fun", said Gina.

"That's one! One blue monster leaving for a vacation!", said The Count.

And with that, grover was getting ready for his vacation....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
hmmm... nobody has responded to chapter 2 yet?

Here is chapter 3.

Grover went home and packed his stuff, talking outloud to himself. "heres my money, because I am sure I will need to buy things. Here is my super grover cape and helmet, because you never know when or where there could be danger, or even hurricanes. Here is my portable telephone booth, because with so many people owning cell phones these days, there might not be any telephone booths in florida for me to change into my super grover suit. Here is my favorite coloring book. Here are my crayons to go along with my favorite coloring book, although since every page has been colored already, this is completely unnessessary. And here are some snacks, in case they don't have my favorite foods there".

Grover then hugged his mommy good night and went to bed. The next morning, Fred The Wonder Horse took Grover to the air port, and was joined by Grovers Mommy, Bob, Elmo, and Betty Lou.

"Good luck on your trip", said Fred.

"We hope to see you soon, grover", said Bob.

"Elmo hopes you like your vacation just as much as you like Sesame Street", said Elmo.

"If we keep saying good-bye, Grover will miss his plane", said betty Lou.

"Well, you are all so welcome and very kind. Oh, except you, Betty Lou, for not greating me. Well, I am off now", said grover who went to his plane, flight 123 at the Oz-Jacopson airport.

Grover went to his seat. He looked out the window. "Bye bye, Sesame Street. I will miss you", said Grover as he waved to his friends who he could see from out the window. He turned his head and saw Rosevelt Franklin and his mother.

"Well, look who it is. My good old buddy Rosevelt Franklin. I haven't seen you in years. How have you been?", asked Grover.

"oh, I've been fine", said Rosevelt, "But I have forgotten how to get to Sesame Street, and I forgot Sherlock Hemlocks number. Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?"

"well", said Grover, "you will not get there by plane, unless the pilot wanted to waste gas. That's for sure".

And then the plane took off. All of grovers friends at the airport waved good bye to him. On Sesame Street, Big Bird waved at the plane, wondering outloud, "is that the plane that Grover is on?" The count waved from his home, counting the plane as well.

At Ernie and Berts apartment, Bert and Ernie looked out the window and waved at the plane from their home.

"it's too bad we don't have our plane anymore. Maybe we could use the plane and visit Grover", said Ernie.

"Maybe", said Bert, "But I am actually happy that we don't have out plane. Did we lose it at the gas station in Toadstool or something?"

Even Oscar was waving good bye. "Who needs Grover?, asked Oscar.

"yeah", said Grungetta, "we would make a terrible Grouchkateer'.

Slimey was looking at the plane more hapily.

"Oh, no!", said Oscar, "it looks like Slimey is going to miss grover".

"Bad Slimey", said grungetta, "didn't we tell you not to miss people?"

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yeah, what did happen to that plane Ernie and Bert had in Follow that Bird?

Both these chapters are great, minor muppetz.